Community Support for the game and it's features
evovi
Master
Master
CMDR: Auloria
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Dweller

Postby evovi » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:09 pm

But if info/help needed - 5 black markets - are these just five transactions? Or five different stations?

Suppose something like weapons hunting is about the easiest to come across - I'd considered pinching some cargo from a res today but I didn't fancy getting out alive with it lol

Macklroy
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Macklroy

Re: Dweller

Postby Macklroy » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:41 pm

5 different markets.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:06 pm

And getting scanned with illegal goods is only a fine, not bang*bang insurance claim.

So honestly you can buy five illegal slaves, look on the galaxy map or eddb.io to find 5 close stations with a black market service.

And just hop between them selling one at a time, and just plainly ignore any fines or whatever.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:11 pm

TorTorden wrote:And getting scanned with illegal goods is only a fine, not bang*bang insurance claim.

So honestly you can buy five illegal slaves, look on the galaxy map or eddb.io to find 5 close stations with a black market service.

And just hop between them selling one at a time, and just plainly ignore any fines or whatever.

This is *exactly* what I did. My CMDR is a boy scout so is the only intentionally illegal thing I've done in the game lol.
Also, try to find outposts with black markets, rather than proper stations as you are much less likely to be scanned.

evovi
Master
Master

Postby evovi » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:28 am

Thanks - I've been trying to get into a station discretely - yeah sometimes no issues, sometimes an attempted scan, but others even silent running I've still had a scan started... At that point tho you can't blast in for fear of collision with no shields - cobra time :)

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:37 am

Silent running never worked for me when trying to smuggle discreetly deliver cargo, the only thing that works reliably is speed. Circle the station in a distance of more than 10 km until you are lined up with the entrance, check local traffic, then boost to get going and fly straight in at full throttle and four pips to engines. Request docking permissions as soon as possible, and do not throttle down until you are in the toast rack.

However, if you all you need is the five black markets for the Dweller, there is an easier solution: Open the power play map, locate the area of that pirate power, and fly into their space because every station has a black market. Accept a cargo delivery mission from a random minor faction and abandon the mission. Congratulations, you now have some tons of stolen goods in your cargo bay. Sell all the stolen cargo on the black market, use the money gained there to pay most of your mission failure fine. Fly to the next station/system, repeat with another minor faction.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

evovi
Master
Master

Postby evovi » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:46 am

Managed it last night, but some stations with black markets where down as unavailable for some reason, grade 5 access and now i need to deliver 200 tonnes of gold...

Thanks all for your input :)

ScytheKnight
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: ScytheKnight

Postby ScytheKnight » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:23 pm

Remember that even with silent running once you're temp gets past a certain point you're still visible. Start running silent them drop a heatsink, if you start heating up again to any significant ammount, drop another one.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:26 pm

I've found just dropping a heat sink is enough, as soon as I hear "Scan Detected" I fire off a heat sink, so far never had a scan complete.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:51 am

evovi wrote:Managed it last night, but some stations with black markets where down as unavailable for some reason

Some of the power play factions influence the availability of black markets. For example, the pirate dude causes black markets to spring up in all exploited systems, while the Utopia people close them. If you dig through the information about the galactic powers, you can eventually find it.

The gold transport is easy, there is a station selling it in the same system as the engineer dude.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

Return to “Gameplay and Features”