Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Weapon Upgrade Advice

Postby Relix Typhon » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:03 pm

Just wanted to gather thoughts on my current dilemma:

I'm in the process of upgrading my FGS to G3 all round; I'm a bit stuck on what to do with my weps though.

I have 1 Large and 2 Small Multi-cannons which are already upgraded with Overcharged weapon.

Also, I have 2 Medium Burst lasers and 2 Medium Pulse lasers. Now I'm wondering whether to go overcharged on these or if its better to have more time on target and go for Rapid Fire mod. This brings down the Distributor Draw and Damage but improves DPS and armour piercing; which seems to me to be a pretty good trade off.

Any opinions welcome :)

Sevin Church
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Sevin Church

Re: Weapon Upgrade Advice

Postby Sevin Church » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:30 pm

All I can add is I have seen folks talk about having Efficient on their energy weapons. I have over charge on my pulse/burst Vette and I like it just fine. But then again, we're talking about more HPs on mine.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:10 pm

I have done a lot of testing with m/c's, pulse, and beams on the Vette. In real world testing against another Vette under specific and controlled conditions, rapid fire m/c's give nearly the same DPS as overcharged, but with the small advantage of significantly faster reloads. If you want to stay with overcharged it'll be fine. I would recommend adding the corrosive special effect, though. It increases your DPS substantially.... and I mean substantially.

I have not done testing with bursts.

Pulse lasers are great with overcharged, but we got better results with rapid fire. Similar DPS to overcharged (are you sensing a theme here?) but a fair amount less capacitor draw as you mentioned, which gives you more time on target.

Efficient beams are my thermal weapon of choice. A little higher capacitor draw when compared to rapid fire pulses, but they're *** BEAMS*** and beams are cool! 8-) (about the same DPS as rapid fire pulses)

Seriously though, I've been very happy with overcharged or rapid fire on m/c's and pulses on several ships. It's a rock solid combination.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:29 pm

Yep.....

M/C's deffo go for corrosive and incendiary + one other....Remember effects DO NOT stack.......

Running efficient beams with thermal shock and vent....Vent is really handy if you tend to run hot in combat.....

Coz like JL says always gotta have beams......

and can't remember what my pulses are in real game......(Not played for a while)

Beta builds were different(Ish)......But then I had fish and could do 20-30 rolls to refine a weapon.......

Gotta interesting Asp somewhere with 2 Plasmas.....2 pulses and 2 M/C's......All with effects......

That packed a punch.......

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:27 am

Thanks Chaps. I'll go for rapid fire on the energy weps then, I think.

I didn't have enough rep with Todd to put any special effect on my Multies and it'll be the same story with the Dweller for the energy but once I've got this to where I want it, I'll probably revisit and try to put some stuff up to G5.

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*

Postby *Al* » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:29 am

I have a five beam two mc setup on the Irritant. Four beams are efficient 5 and the large is oc with conduit. Four pips to weapons and a lakky band for the trigger. We dance all day in this house.

Return to “Gameplay and Features”