Community Support for the game and it's features
TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Turrets

Postby TorTorden » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:06 pm

Only ship I would consider bothering with turrets would be the cutter.
As for conda I would go gimballed, OK maybe turrets on the smaller hardpoints.

The corvette, putting turrets on that is just shameful.
Best weapon loadout I have found for corvette has been two class 4 fixed beam, a gimballed class 3 beam, and gimballed cannons on the rest.

The slf as Lori says can easily kill off most wingmen, but their true value isn't their significant deadlines, but getting fire off you, distracting a targets wingmen and in most cases killing them outright.

Rank a pilot past expert and it should be able to take on any ship.

My method for engaging, say a high ranking conda in a wing with two FAS's or even gunships would be to send the slf at one of them, I would kill the other in the vette and in most cases even before the conda can react, my target is gone, and my slf has either nearly killed the other so I can take on the main target or join the slf, depending on targets rank and other situational circumstances.

Only time I loose an slf is if it gets swamped by multiple targets.
But that's mostly only an issue in cz's.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Early Bird
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Earl B.

Postby Early Bird » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:06 pm

I use turrets with fire at will extensively and never had any problems. Only the enemies were hit and no friendly fire.

JustSomeGuy
Master
Master
CMDR: Murhapuro
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JustSomeGuy » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:04 pm

I've used turrets pretty much only in fire at will mode. Does fire at target only mode stop firing if a neutral flies through the line of fire? So is forward fire mode the only way to get myself wanted with turrets?
I play on PC, in the Mobius PVE Eurasia group.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:22 pm

TorTorden wrote:The corvette, putting turrets on that is just shameful.

Them there are FIGHTING words BOB. :P
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Taranava
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Taranava

Postby Taranava » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:22 pm

If you use them on target only mode they will track a target and not fire until you fire that weapon group. They will continue to fire until the target is dead, pops a heat sink or you switch target.

No issue with getting marked wanted. Well, except for my happy trigger finger and an overzealous cop crossing my beam. :oops:

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon

Postby tinnitus » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:57 pm

JustSomeGuy wrote:I've used turrets pretty much only in fire at will mode. Does fire at target only mode stop firing if a neutral flies through the line of fire? So is forward fire mode the only way to get myself wanted with turrets?

Turrets set to fire ahead act as a fixed Weapon therefore yes you can get yourself wanted. I now use fire at WILL because it will search for any Target named Will, (sorry), at Will turrets lock automatically on any WANTED firing at you and can enage different targets at the same time if more than one Turret is used. Is not required but a good idea to have off Turret Button (Fire Group).
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

evovi
Master
Master
CMDR: Auloria

Postby evovi » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:58 pm

Thankyou all for your input, has helped me no end :)

JustSomeGuy
Master
Master

Postby JustSomeGuy » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:25 pm

Taranava wrote:If you use them on target only mode they will track a target and not fire until you fire that weapon group. They will continue to fire until the target is dead, pops a heat sink or you switch target.

No issue with getting marked wanted. Well, except for my happy trigger finger and an overzealous cop crossing my beam. :oops:

Ok so if someone else flies between me and my target while only my turrets are firing in target only mode, I will get wanted tag.
Forward fire is a clear case as I have to pull the trigger myself. And fire at will is the only one that does not get me wanted, been using this most of the time and never got wanted.

Taranava
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Taranava

Postby Taranava » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:16 am

JustSomeGuy wrote:Ok so if someone else flies between me and my target while only my turrets are firing in target only mode, I will get wanted tag.
Forward fire is a clear case as I have to pull the trigger myself. And fire at will is the only one that does not get me wanted, been using this most of the time and never got wanted.

To clarify, I've only ever been flagged wanted by my own use of direct fire weapons. The turrets have never flagged me.

JustSomeGuy
Master
Master

Postby JustSomeGuy » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:50 am

Taranava wrote:
JustSomeGuy wrote:Ok so if someone else flies between me and my target while only my turrets are firing in target only mode, I will get wanted tag.

To clarify, I've only ever been flagged wanted by my own use of direct fire weapons. The turrets have never flagged me.

Ah ok.. I misunderstood the last part. Thanks for clarifying :)

Return to “Gameplay and Features”