Community Support for the game and it's features
gypsythief
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Awaein
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Bounty Received After Being Interdicted and Attacked

Postby gypsythief » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:20 pm

I had just dropped some supplies off in a star system. As I engaged FSD to head off to my next stop, I was interdicted by some scumbag of the spacelanes.

Thinking to teach him a lesson, I throttled back and submitted to the interdiction. A brief fight ensued before I ensured said scumbag would never again pillage innocent delivery pilots in the depths of space by turning his ship into little more than motes of dust, drifting in the solar wind...

And then I got a bounty for "the Murder of Sir Scumbag the Pious", and the feds came for me, guns a-blazin'.

So, what happened? I was inderdicted and attacked, so was surely(?) blameless. I had recently been aligned to one of the powers and was in another power's space, but I had left the power half an hour or so before and had not joined any other power.

Any thoughts on why this happened are appreciated!

smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Bounty Received After Being Interdicted and Attacked

Postby smartroad » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:34 pm

I had the exact same thing happen to me after the latest patch. It turns out the 'Report crime against me' switch in the left side options panel had been switched to 'no' rather than the 'yes' option I have always had it as. I'd suggest checking there first.
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:38 pm

Could be as smartroad says that report crimes is off, or if you are pledged to a power and in an opposing powers area you can be interdicted by NPCs working for that power and legitimately attacked
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

gypsythief
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Awaein

Postby gypsythief » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:58 pm

Thanks for the ideas. I've checked my "Report Crimes..." toggle, and it is set to On.

I had only just left a power, and was still in a half day cool-down before I could join another power, so I wonder if that was enough to still count me as being a member of an enemy power.

Certainly the forum threads I read about being attacked by enemy powers fitted with what happened to me, so that might explain it.

Or maybe I looked at the local Garrison Commander's gold watch a bit too long, and he took a dislike to me... :)

z Longshanks z
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: z Lomgshanks z

Postby z Longshanks z » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:28 pm

If you have just left a faction, they also send people out after you on occasion. It could be just a case of bad luck, and you've had two incidents bang after each other. My bet is that you attacked the local factions vessel who was legitimately attacking you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Gameplay and Features”