Community Support for the game and it's features
MetabeeKBT
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: MetabeeKBT
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

the BEST sidewinder?

Postby MetabeeKBT » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:24 pm

so before i met you all i was talking to people on reddit, and i was directed to this post about ship upgrades, he linked this

https://coriolis.edcd.io/outfit/sidewinder/2p0t0F0l3d0s3f1182404003rf22j25.Iw1-EA==.Aw1-EA==?bn=%22Best%22%20Sidewinder

can someone confirm that this is the route i should be taking for my ship?

also where can i find this stuff. most of the ship outfitters i'v seen don't have anything in the A class

Quartz
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Quartz Christie
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: the BEST sidewinder?

Postby Quartz » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:46 pm

Does it absolutely has to be a sidewinder? For all that money required you can get a viper or a cobra which will be way more better at everything.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:00 pm

What do you want to do with your Sidie? If it's combat, then yes, that's a good build. Personally I wouldn't spend the money for the Military grade bulkheads though. That's a lot of extra cash to invest in a Sidie.

As for where to get modules, you can go here:
https://eddb.io/station

Type in the modules you are looking for at the top right, and your "reference" system in the lower left. you'll get results of what stations near you have everything on your shopping list. Station's outfitting changes fairly often, so pick a station that's fairly close to you but has had a recent update in the list.

If you aren't looking for a combat ship (which a Cobra or Viper would be better for) then what do you want to use your Sidie for? A much less expensive build could do a great job at running missions or doing trading.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

MetabeeKBT
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: MetabeeKBT

Postby MetabeeKBT » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:12 pm

Quartz wrote:Does it absolutely has to be a sidewinder? For all that money required you can get a viper or a cobra which will be way more better at everything.

100% no. i just thought it might be a good idea to stick with my beginner ship for as long as possible. rather than buying another one right away. iv only been playing for like 6 days now.

Quartz
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Quartz Christie

Postby Quartz » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:19 pm

There's no merit sticking to the sidewinder tbh. It's weak, slow, without cargo hold and has lolworthy damage output. And with 50k of insurance money with all that fit? You'll be better off with cobra.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:50 pm

Welcome to the game and our group! The learning curve in E-D is darn steep, so be sure to ask a lot of questions.

What have you been doing so far for your source of income?

Here are a couple of ships / builds to possibly get you going. There are a ton of different load out options to consider as you get more cash in the bank, too.

Adder: https://coriolis.edcd.io/outfit/adder?c ... 2BkA%3D%3D.

Cobra 3 : https://coriolis.edcd.io/outfit/cobra_m ... 2FkA%3D%3D.

The Cobra is preferable if you've got the cash for it, and it's a great multi-roll ship.

What questions do you have?
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

evovi
Master
Master
CMDR: Auloria

Postby evovi » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:59 pm

As above - I bought a cobra 3 as soon as I could afford it, very versatile, combat capable and fast... My next purchase was more combat orientated in the form of the viper 3... My flying multicannon could hold its own in res - swapping between the two I was able to mix my game up and keep it fresh as the next purchase in my opinion is quite a way away In the guise of asp or vulture depending on where you wanna sit with your flying style - you can tweak the cobra from its stock form as the credits roll in much quicker than with the sidie l

Return to “Gameplay and Features”