Community Support for the game and it's features
Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Enhanced Route Plotter Question

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:58 pm

I tried this for the first time yesterday. It was easy and useful. I used it to plot a route out of the bubble through high and medium security systems, then to filter for scoopable stars. But I seem to be missing something - I don't see a way to lock in the route.

For example, if I have a route plotted for high security systems, if I then change the filter to show me high tech systems (because I forgot to upgrade the FSD), the route will change. And unchecking "apply filters to route" will reroute using all stars. IIRC, anytime you changed your filter selections the route would instantly replot.

It seems to me that you should be able to only process the route once you have your filters set up, which you can do now by not applying them until you are ready, but I think there should be a separate "process route" button, and once processed, the route should stay locked until you process it again - or maybe a lock route button. That way you can check what types of economies, or governments, or whatever are along your route w/o having to look in the system map.

So am I missing something, or is this feature just poorly implemented?

Or is it just me? :roll:
It's time to give this another go.

de Carabas
Master
Master
CMDR: de Carabas
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Enhanced Route Plotter Question

Postby de Carabas » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:23 pm

Non-optimally implemented for sure :)

Yes, it's designed to auto update the route based on current filters amd there's no way to lock the route down and then change the filters to see what's coming. In that respect I guess the old implementation was better.
Until you mentioned it this feature has never occured to me. Now it's going to annoy the hell out of me everytime I'm in there. Thanks.
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Enhanced Route Plotter Question

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:08 pm

de Carabas wrote:Now it's going to annoy the hell out of me everytime I'm in there. Thanks.

So Solly. :ugeek:
It's time to give this another go.

Return to “Gameplay and Features”