Community Support for the game and it's features
Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Super Long Passenger Missions

Postby Walter » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:00 pm

Shouldn't have been so colloquial. Wikipedia says: 'The usage of the word is widespread throughout much of the UK, particularly in Wales and the north of England, Eastern Scotland, in places such as Yorkshire, Lancashire, and the English Midlands. It is normally used to mean "what?".'

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:10 pm

I think it's been about 2 months since I've been unable to play ED, and seeing how easy it still is to make credits doesn't have me interested in getting back to playing anytime soon. It doesn't matter what you do, they just throw credits in your face.

In today's terms, it's like being a high school kid and saving your change until you can afford to buy a 1971 Ford Pinto. Then take some pizza delivery jobs and by the weekend you have a fleet of fancy cars, a mansion, and still have a fat bank account. The only thing left to do is retire and have fun (A-Team).

I know it's just a game, but the stupid economics of ED are just ridiculous. I guess FD thinks people will lose interest if they can't get into better ships in the first 15 minutes. I guess I'm just an old white guy with outdated thinking that expects to work hard to earn those new ships and upgrades (real rewards). I think people are more likely to lose interest because the game is too damn easy.

So as long as they are throwing credits in your face just for farting around, I'm going to need to see a lot more content available to draw me back into the game (and, of course, a working system).

Of course, that's all IMHO. :roll:
It's time to give this another go.

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:30 pm

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:I think it's been about 2 months since I've been unable to play ED, and seeing how easy it still is to make credits doesn't have me interested in getting back to playing anytime soon. It doesn't matter what you do, they just throw credits in your face.

In today's terms, it's like being a high school kid and saving your change until you can afford to buy a 1971 Ford Pinto. Then take some pizza delivery jobs and by the weekend you have a fleet of fancy cars, a mansion, and still have a fat bank account. The only thing left to do is retire and have fun (A-Team).

I know it's just a game, but the stupid economics of ED are just ridiculous. I guess FD thinks people will lose interest if they can't get into better ships in the first 15 minutes. I guess I'm just an old white guy with outdated thinking that expects to work hard to earn those new ships and upgrades (real rewards). I think people are more likely to lose interest because the game is too damn easy.

So as long as they are throwing credits in your face just for farting around, I'm going to need to see a lot more content available to draw me back into the game (and, of course, a working system).

I don't agree that is easy to make fast money. It's a sort of exponential curve.
For example, sure my trading python can earn about 350k+ per trip on a good route, which sounds a lot to a Sidey pilot but if you're saving for a decent spec Anaconda, that's hundreds of millions, then it's a lot of trucking

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:59 pm

RD-83 wrote:
Roger Wilco Jr wrote:I think it's been about 2 months since I've been unable to play ED, and seeing how easy it still is to make credits doesn't have me interested in getting back to playing anytime soon. It doesn't matter what you do, they just throw credits in your face.

I don't agree that is easy to make fast money. It's a sort of exponential curve.
For example, sure my trading python can earn about 350k+ per trip on a good route, which sounds a lot to a Sidey pilot but if you're saving for a decent spec Anaconda, that's hundreds of millions, then it's a lot of trucking

Well a standard 200t python should pull more than that.

This could help.
https://eddb.io/trade/loop/3006360

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:42 pm

TorTorden wrote:I don't agree that is easy to make fast money. It's a sort of exponential curve.
Well a standard 200t python should pull more than that.

This could help.
https://eddb.io/trade/loop/3006360

Tis true.

Hossyman
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Joe Techno

Postby Hossyman » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:35 pm

Sorry, I did not think this topic would get so much feedback and heat. While I am not just about making money, those super long passenger missions are crazy, unless you want to spend your time jumping. And yes, it is easy to make 10 mil an hour. I just made 11.6 mil in 55 minutes. ( 4.5, 2.4, 3.2, 1.6 mil missions ) The funny thing is I was just playing around and did it in an Asp Exp, with only 12 FC passenger seats , 8 cargo slots, and a jump range of 32 LY. If making money is all you are interested in, then build your rep, become everyone's ally, and load out a Conda for passengers with a jump range of 33 LY. Three bits of caution for passenger missions. First, do not take criminals or wanted passengers unless you are sure you can avoid the scan. Second, be careful about stacking too many sightseeing passenger missions, it can get crazy hectic and confusing if you are not paying attention. Third, be ready for attacks while looking for and/or scanning the visitor beacons.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:24 am

Walter wrote:Shouldn't have been so colloquial. Wikipedia says: 'The usage of the word is widespread throughout much of the UK, particularly in Wales and the north of England, Eastern Scotland, in places such as Yorkshire, Lancashire, and the English Midlands. It is normally used to mean "what?".'

Wikipedia also says.......

Walter (Muppet), a Muppet that first appeared in the 2011 film, The Muppets.......

So Ner.....Ner......Nan....Ner....Ner......

:D

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:24 am

It goes on to say: "Even Walter ... holds his own ... and will no doubt be a fan-favorite for years to come.."

A name that will be fondly remembered long after other characters are merely ignored as a mis-spelling of a popular curry.

Return to “Gameplay and Features”