Community Support for the game and it's features
Hossyman
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Joe Techno
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Too Many Missions or Contracts

Postby Hossyman » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:08 am

I researched this issue and found that it is a bug that they know about, and several are having the same issue. That is great, except I cannot play ( accept missions or contracts ) until they either fix the bug and/or clear my bugged missions. There are 2 things I have run into that probably do not help the situation.
First: I will sometimes take small credit missions or contracts and stack them because I am already going there. About half the time, I get the mission critical message offering me an additional 10K credits to go to another system. I generally delete or not accept it, especially if it involves a distance or 200K or more LS, or 15 to 20 minutes of just sitting. That uses one of my available missions.
Second: Sightseeing Passenger missions sometimes have beacons that cannot be found. I have advanced scanners, am withing 1000, fly all over the place looking, only to end up cancelling the mission. I had one that was 650k LS from the main system planet, and it was not there. This used another of my available missions.

Am I missing something, and is there a way to avoid falling into this trap because I choose to make 2 mil in 5 minutes as opposed to 20k in 20 minutes.
Thx

KRRONOSS
Competent
Competent
CMDR: KRRONOSS

Re: Too Many Missions or Contracts

Postby KRRONOSS » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:37 am

See the below link to a Frontier Forums post. It seems that another CMDR submitted a technical support form and they fixed his issue:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6436

"Hey SverreAV, we are aware of this happening and it is under investigation. Please fill out this technical support form as they can resolve this for you.
https://support.elitedangerous.com/open.php?topic=60"

Regarding the second issue, have you tried scanning the Nav beacon in the system. I suspect this isn't the issue but, just in case, sometimes system objects wont appear unless you do, regardless of scanners. I am sure you may know this and/or the rest of the system objects were there and the one element you mentioned was not but thought i should mention it just in case.

Fly safe o7
Astronomy compels the soul to look upward, and leads us from this world to another.

Plato, The Republic, 342 BCE.

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby tinnitus » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:35 pm

Good to hear that Fdev has fixed it but the question is have they applied the fix because I'm still seeing a lower stack number and Missions to Stations that exist but fail to appear when attempting to turn them in. Just became Wanted when an Eagle spawned in front of me after disengaging from SC and smacked the Cutter then went BOOM, lucky I had distance on my side and SC out.

Fly carefully the Whales are in full migration.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Hossyman
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Hossyman » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:31 am

As of now, they have either not fixed it, or at least have not reset bugged missions. There are many who cannot play the game until their bugged missions are reset. If they do not want to lift the mission cap, then give us the ability to clear our own bugged missions.

stereoBear
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Marcus Gray
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby stereoBear » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:48 am

Looks like they're rolling out a patch today, though there's no patch notes as of now.

Hossyman
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Hossyman » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:29 pm

Seems like they fixed the issue. Guess i will find out next time I take a passenger mission and get tired of looking and scanning for the beacon, lol

Return to “Gameplay and Features”