Community Support for the game and it's features
Qpidstunt
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: CMDR Qpidstunt
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Looks like I've been gone too long

Postby Qpidstunt » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:52 pm

Sorry to Necro this post but I'm in a similar boat to OP... back after a (long) break and not sure what to do or where to start!

I did log in with slightly better financial circumstances however - sat in a partially upgraded Python, a few other ships in storage and $47million, so ships and creds aren't a big issue but its what to do with them.... I've my original Sidewinder, the Freagle, my first Cobra MkIII, a Viper and Vulture set up for combat then an Asp for trading rares and long distance jumps.

Any suggestions on something to ease back into it all?

These Public Goals - are they worthwhile? I saw in the Spacestation Contact list there were now Engineers who look like they upgrade your equipment that some Public Goals were faction linked with. My thoughts were that these might be a good idea to stock up and travel out to one of those for a large delivery and sale / faction boost to just get back into the general flying and travelling mechanics... docking...

Or just get my sidewinder shipped out to me and practice docking several hundred times before writing off my Python.... lol

Cmdr Chemtrail
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Brassik

Postby Cmdr Chemtrail » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:33 pm

Welcome back commander o7,

Firstly I'd practice landing and take off in the tutorials. Two goes on each should get you going.

As for what to do. If you have Horizons, may I suggest catching up with the locations of the crash sites, and the Alien Ruins. The crash sites are near the Maia system. Where you will need to go anyway for your Meta Alloy for your first engineer FSD upgrades. You have a chance of also being hyperdicted by an alien ship (A UA from mentioned crash sites can help, but will corrode your modules over time)
The alien ruins is also a good place to meet other commanders atm due to the 100 million credit award available there.

You wont get that lot done in one sitting, but it will get you up to date with whats happening near the bubble and give your flying skills some practice.

Or you could sit in a high res blowing stuff up.

Good luck

starsphinx
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Starsphinx

Postby starsphinx » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:37 pm

I have come back after nearly a year out (real life intruded) and approached it sort of like starting anew by setting out trading while I have a look around and get a feel. I was actually out in the black so had to fly back to the bubble (after doing the tutorials a couple of times to make sure I could dock lol)

I have no idea how engineers work and I am not doing planetary stuff right now as I really need to upgrade my graphics card - it is "below minimum spec" frame rate is OK in space but land and the immersion is gone as the textures keep disappearing. If anyone knows how to gain a couple of hundred real life coins in a couple of hours to solve this I would love to know lol.

I will trade (decided to by a T7 when I got back from exploring) until that bores me then I will do something else - probably have a crack at mining next. I can always go back to my Asp which is rigged pretty multi discipline which I was exploring in and try bounty hunting again or look for some ranking missions to work a bit more towards that clipper I fancy.

Seshemw
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Seshemw

Postby Seshemw » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:33 pm

Cmdr Chemtrail wrote:Welcome back commander o7,

The alien ruins is also a good place to meet other commanders atm due to the 100 million credit award available there.

The what?! I could seriously use 100m credits (in my AspX with 3m and only two A modules).
--
Seshemw

Qpidstunt
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: CMDR Qpidstunt

Postby Qpidstunt » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:24 pm

100 million - couldn't we all!! How do you get that?

Cmdr Chemtrail - Thankyou, good advice, done all the tutorial missions - the moon lander vehicle is a pain in the ass.. control wise anyway.

Got my landing time down to under a minute again, check out some of the old YouTube vids from Alpha when Frontier had their contest of speed landings, I never made the top by miles but was always coming in under 1 min - although docking and taking off are a doddle in a Viper or Sidewinder rather than my Python - that's my next challenge (slowly!) - and then off out to the black! :)

I have Horizons so will have to look up about where to find / what to look for to find the crash sites and Alien Ruins... first question though, the Meta Alloy - is a that something you find at these sites or that you can mine somewhere in the Maia System?

Another question.... When going out to the Maia System, do you trade your way there or just suck it up and get out there? Are there goods to take there which are amazingly profitable or actually needed? By Whom? Where?

Sorry for the quiz but it'd be better to ask now rather than getting all the way there and finding I should have brought a load of stuff with me :)

@ Starsphinx - if you want to group up some evenings (I'm usually on 19:00 +0 GMT (UK) for 3-4hrs most nights (Wife faction depending!)) and we could get out there together on and off? Add me in game and we can try to sort something out :)

Thanks,

Q.

evovi
Master
Master
CMDR: Auloria

Postby evovi » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:41 pm

Seshemw wrote:
Cmdr Chemtrail wrote:Welcome back commander o7,

The what?! I could seriously use 100m credits (in my AspX with 3m and only two A modules).
--
Seshemw

If one of your a rated modules is your fsd then have a look through this forum for "free fed rep" may initially be a couple of hundred light years from you but you will come back a rich commander - I'm currently allied with all the factions bar one and I'm earning anything from 30mil to 55mil every run... Each run with cycling and numerous interdictions from being hostile takes me about 45 mins - which is a nice earner - your asp will be safe - all you need to do is build a viper mkiv which will cost you 56k insurance cost every run

Return to “Gameplay and Features”