Community Support for the game and it's features
Gorf
Master
Master
CMDR: Hardy
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Getting bored now

Postby Gorf » Sun May 29, 2016 12:29 am

2½ days - still no sign of any rebel transmissions. I'm in the system I'm supposed to be in (Azrael, as it happens) and no matter where I drop, there are never any canisters. Materials, yes, but no canisters.

Am I doing something wrong, or is it just borked?

CMDR Abil Midena
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Abil Midena

Re: Getting bored now

Postby CMDR Abil Midena » Sun May 29, 2016 12:40 am

scan the nav beacon in normal space like you would a ship. Or use ADS. Mission will update with where you should look.
My Youtube Channel
Elite - Elite - Elite

Schmobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Schmobius
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Schmobius » Sun May 29, 2016 12:41 am

is that for a mission? Try scanning the nav beacon, and it should point you to a planet or other POI in supercruise. You may have to hang around there for a while, but you should eventually get a very blatently marked mission-specific USS. (I was jumping down into other USSs before that happened to me, I don't know if that's a requirement, or if it had more to do with the time I was around the planet, or how close to it I was. I was very close when that appeared.)

I will say, if it's anything like the mission I just did, as soon as you get the mission objective, be ready to GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE. Two condas and a corvette dropped in to say hello with their lasers for me. I was able to escape, but damn.

Ghworg
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Ghworg

Postby Ghworg » Sun May 29, 2016 10:39 am

Schmobius wrote:I will say, if it's anything like the mission I just did, as soon as you get the mission objective, be ready to GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE. Two condas and a corvette dropped in to say hello with their lasers for me. I was able to escape, but damn.

Must be RNG or mission-specific, I just did the exact same thing yesterday, hung around the designated planet dropping into USS until the mission one popped up. I scooped up the trade data I was looking for and then went afk for a few minutes, came back and there was still nobody around.

Gorf
Master
Master

Postby Gorf » Sun May 29, 2016 11:32 am

Cheers lads - will give that a try.

Schmobius
Master
Master

Postby Schmobius » Sun May 29, 2016 4:53 pm

Ghworg wrote:
Schmobius wrote:I will say, if it's anything like the mission I just did, as soon as you get the mission objective, be ready to GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE. Two condas and a corvette dropped in to say hello with their lasers for me. I was able to escape, but damn.

Must be RNG or mission-specific, I just did the exact same thing yesterday, hung around the designated planet dropping into USS until the mission one popped up. I scooped up the trade data I was looking for and then went afk for a few minutes, came back and there was still nobody around.

Yeah, no idea about the consistency of that.

Gorf
Master
Master

Postby Gorf » Sun May 29, 2016 10:49 pm

Thanks again - that worked. I had to fly 1500ls to the nav beacon only to find that the USS was right where I'd been. No way of knowing if the USS wouldn't ever spawn without scanning the Nav Beacon, but never mind - it's done now.

Will do my ranking missions elsewhere, where they don't affect OoM

Neillm
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Zachus

Postby Neillm » Tue May 31, 2016 11:08 pm

I'm having trouble with this too. I've scanned the nav beacon but all I get is an "Incoming mission message" or similar. When I look at that, the contact says they have no data on the mission so I'll have to find them 'the old fashioned way'. Spent a couple of hours but no joy.

Has anyone had similar?

Schmobius
Master
Master

Postby Schmobius » Tue May 31, 2016 11:45 pm

Never got that middle-finger message, no.

anikaiful
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Mir Fnar

Postby anikaiful » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:48 pm

Gorf wrote:No way of knowing if the USS wouldn't ever spawn without scanning the Nav Beacon, but never mind - it's done now.

Not sure, but I'm inclined to think the right USS don't spawn before you do a system scan one way or the other (be that Nav B or ADS).

Return to “Gameplay and Features”