Fighter/Explorer Craft Advice Please

Community Support for the game and it's features
Myrm

Re: Fighter/Explorer Craft Advice Please

Postby Myrm » Sat May 14, 2016 4:17 pm

Woah. I just sold my map data and got 2 million krona!

And I'm the first to have discovered a poop load of planets and stars and I only went 500 ly from Sol. I thought they all would have been discovered that close to the bubble by now.

Myrm

Postby Myrm » Sat May 14, 2016 4:38 pm

Here's my current set up:

Dermy Bud IV

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Sat May 14, 2016 5:22 pm

Did you have the 5A shields plus boosters when you crashed? If so, you probably would have blown up with just a 3A and no boosters.

I do have one suggestion. You are running at ~99% power with your hard points deployed. If you change your power management like this, you will only be at ~89%. With those modules shut down, which you don't need with your hard points deployed, your ship will run cooler, which is good in combat. ;)
It's time to give this another go.

Myrm

Postby Myrm » Sat May 14, 2016 5:45 pm

I had the 3A + the four booster when I crashed.

I will try the settings you suggested.

Myrm

Postby Myrm » Sat May 21, 2016 8:09 am

So, I'm 1,312 LY from Sol, making my way to Sag A*, which is almost 25,000 LY away. I started this journey about 10 days ago. I have been scanning every planet and star in every system I jump into. I'm getting bored now and I'm only 1/26th into the journey >.<

This is going to take me months to get to Sag A. Once I'm there I plan on getting back to Sol as quickly as possible without scanning.

I can see that the band of white of the Milky Way is slowly turning from a solid band of light to individual dots of light.

I have a bit of damage to various systems (none important and none below 80%, with most in the mid 90s - 100%). I've lost my SRV, all due to flying to close to the Suns or landing to heavily on planets with more than 2G.

And I haven't seen a single player (real or NPC) in the past 1000 LY.

This is a slow journey.

Myrm

Postby Myrm » Sat May 28, 2016 10:38 am

I have decided to abandon my journey to Sag A for the time being. With a ship that can jump at the most 25 LY at a time, journeying 26,000 LY (whilst scanning every star and planet and moon in every system I jump into) is a long and laborious task. I think I'll wait until I have a ship that has a far greater jump capability before trying it again. I didn't realise when I started the journey that there was a "bubble" and that nothing exists outside it in the way of stations. It's a shame there are not any stations on the way to Sag A as a tourist type affair.

Oh well, I am back in Sol now,

Gorf
Master
Master
CMDR: Hardy

Postby Gorf » Sun May 29, 2016 12:36 am

Lightweight.

I had a shorter jump range and had to scoop every jump, and still made it there and back...

Myrm

Postby Myrm » Sun May 29, 2016 5:12 am

How long did it take you?

Gorf
Master
Master
CMDR: Hardy

Postby Gorf » Sun May 29, 2016 11:57 am

Myrm wrote:How long did it take you?

Exactly a month - 20150921 to 20151021. All the trouble with explorer data last year happened right in the middle of it! The pics are here.

I was already partway into "Pioneer" but it was enough to get me to "Elite". I suspect that the shorter jump range meant that I dropped in on systems passed over by explorers in more appropriate ships. I also didn't head straight there or back, IIRC I dropped a few hundred light years and 45° down and left from true before turning to head in more or less on a level plane to pop up below SagA*. On the return trip I stopped at The Great Annihilator and waited days 'til FD fixed the database. I wasn't showing SagA* as a discovered system (for me) so I headed back, rescanned and started the journey home. Again, I dropped about 100ly, 45° down and left before heading back on a level plane. I was over halfway back in the white dwarf fields when I took just a bit too much damage and decided to head straight in.

Myrm

Postby Myrm » Sun May 29, 2016 12:05 pm

I assume you didn't scan every planet, star and moon in every system you jumped into?

Return to “Gameplay and Features”