Any combat commanders recommend a good resource?

Community Support for the game and it's features
Darr Valen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darr Valen
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Darr Valen » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:46 pm

Any combat commanders recommend a good resource for checking out combat based knowledge? Trying to figure out if I should hop in a lower class ship to grind for Elite, or if the Corvette, Cutter, or Anaconda is the way to go.

I do own, or will own all the ships. I own *most* of the ships already. Any information would be appreciated! I've traded for so long, I'm a bit lost as to where to look for combat information.

Anywho, back to the trade grind for a little while. Gotta pay to outfit these awesome ships.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Xebeth » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:27 pm

Darr Valen wrote:Any combat commanders recommend a good resource for checking out combat based knowledge? Trying to figure out if I should hop in a lower class ship to grind for Elite, or if the Corvette, Cutter, or Anaconda is the way to go.

I do own, or will own all the ships. I own *most* of the ships already. Any information would be appreciated! I've traded for so long, I'm a bit lost as to where to look for combat information.

Anywho, back to the trade grind for a little while. Gotta pay to outfit these awesome ships.

Do you mind if I move this to Game Help, it may get more attention there?
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Darr Valen
Expert
Expert

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Darr Valen » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:31 pm

Xebeth wrote:
Darr Valen wrote:Any combat commanders recommend a good resource for checking out combat based knowledge? Trying to figure out if I should hop in a lower class ship to grind for Elite, or if the Corvette, Cutter, or Anaconda is the way to go.

Do you mind if I move this to Game Help, it may get more attention there?

That's fine with me. Feelin' like a newb having to ask anyway.

LionOfNarnia
Master
Master
CMDR: Lion Freeman
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Any combat commanders recommend a good resource?

Postby LionOfNarnia » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:04 pm

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"

Darr Valen
Expert
Expert

Postby Darr Valen » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:54 pm

LionOfNarnia wrote:Start here, dude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWrvKoUJOEw

Watching Part 2 now. Going to work through this video in parts. Unlearning hundreds ofd hours of trade focused flight is going to be.. different, that's for sure.

Thanks for the link!

CMDR Abil Midena
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Abil Midena

Postby CMDR Abil Midena » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:46 pm

If you are trying for Elite, you want a ship that kills FAST. Hunt the highest ranking opponent you can find, regardless of his ship type. In my experience, the ship that kills ships (big AND small) the fastest was the Conda. Working a CZ will let you have a constant flow of targets and let you choose them by rank.

As always, ymmv.
My Youtube Channel
Elite - Elite - Elite

Queebatron
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Queebatron

Postby Queebatron » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:07 pm

Hmm, OT, but I have no idea why I'm getting reply notifications via email for this topic, since 1) I've never posted in it, and 2) the OP started it today.
Has anyone else seen this?

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly

Postby Xebeth » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:38 pm

Queebatron wrote:Hmm, OT, but I have no idea why I'm getting reply notifications via email for this topic, since 1) I've never posted in it, and 2) the OP started it today.

Did you have email notifications set up for "What are you doing (in-game)"? This thread was moved from there.

evovi
Master
Master
CMDR: Auloria

Postby evovi » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:45 pm

Queebatron wrote:Hmm, OT, but I have no idea why I'm getting reply notifications via email for this topic, since 1) I've never posted in it, and 2) the OP started it today.

You read it and accidently hit the star on the top right, I've done it before now - thumb scrolling ftw - just a thought

I can't comment on the big ships, but I will happily sit in a high res with my vulture and shred anything one on one, as I've said before - I find it easier to take on a python or anaconda solo in my
Vulture than a cobra etc due to time in crosshairs and I can place myself where I want on the bigger ships and stay there - the smaller ones zip away and turn faster - only big ship I'll think about my position first is a clipper - very mobile and they love FA off then come straight at you...

I'd say vulture all the way - hour and half with out loosing shields and probably 20-30 kills over 2 million in bounties as well...

FYI I get more solo kills per hour in the high res than a haz res - I tend to be a little more cautious in the haz res and it shows in my balance at the end...

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly

Postby Xebeth » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:52 pm

I'm finding compromised nav beacons the way to go at the moment, I'm at 77% through deadly and putting on a least a percentage point per session (1-2 hours) as well as making 3+ million.

Return to “Gameplay and Features”