Community Support for the game and it's features
Eratosthenes
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Eratosthenes
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Interdiction

Postby Eratosthenes » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:46 pm

Is it acceptable for members of the group to interdict each other ? I would have thought not in a PvE group, as interdiction does tend to be a somewhat hostile act unless you're the po-lice.

Reason I ask, I was interdicted by a member of the group a few hrs ago (which I successfully escaped). This individual then followed me to the starport in this particular system. I obviously have no way of knowing the exact intention behind this, but with the way interdictions are now (you're not going to know who it is unless you check your contacts/can get a fix on those close by in SC & happen to do it immediately before the interdiction occurs, which lets face it would lead to rather paranoid play), I'm not about to sit around to find out intentions/will attempt to escape every time.

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Re: Interdiction

Postby Flip » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:16 pm

You're sure it wasn't a NPC?

We haven't discussed interdictions specifically, but IMO interdictions are always hostile. That being said, it could have been a commander testing interdictions without any intention of attacking you, although I doubt it. If I wanted to test interdictions, I'd target a NPC.
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby GlobusDiablo » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:22 pm

Interdictions between players in this group should, in my opinion, be a no no.

Unless agreed upon beforehand of course. Kind of like a "Wait for me!" option. :)

Neillm
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Zachus

Postby Neillm » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:17 pm

I agree, I'd say they were a no-no too. Unless by prior arrangement and agreement if you want to test out the mechanism.

Not wanting to derail the thread but has anyone else noticed that you could be really close to where you are supercruising to, get interdicted and when you escape (by avoiding or boosting away) you are back at where you started the supercruise? It's happened a couple of times to me but I'm never 100% sure of where I was. If I can verify it, I need to ticket it.

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby GlobusDiablo » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:31 pm

Neillm wrote:.....Not wanting to derail the thread but has anyone else noticed that you could be really close to where you are supercruising to, get interdicted and when you escape (by avoiding or boosting away) you are back at where you started the supercruise? It's happened a couple of times to me but I'm never 100% sure of where I was. If I can verify it, I need to ticket it.

I haven't noticed this issue. But I'm truly sorry to hear that you're never 100% sure where you are. You really should seek help on the matter. ;)

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:55 pm

Neillm wrote:Not wanting to derail the thread but has anyone else noticed that you could be really close to where you are supercruising to, get interdicted and when you escape (by avoiding or boosting away) you are back at where you started the supercruise? It's happened a couple of times to me but I'm never 100% sure of where I was. If I can verify it, I need to ticket it.

It happens to me almost each time I get an interdiction, except that I don't end up where I entered SC, but definitely not where I was when the interdiction occurred.
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Neillm
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Zachus

Postby Neillm » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:02 pm

Flip wrote:
Neillm wrote:Not wanting to derail the thread but has anyone else noticed that you could be really close to where you are supercruising to, get interdicted and when you escape (by avoiding or boosting away) you are back at where you started the supercruise? It's happened a couple of times to me but I'm never 100% sure of where I was. If I can verify it, I need to ticket it.

It happens to me almost each time I get an interdiction, except that I don't end up where I entered SC, but definitely not where I was when the interdiction occurred.

Thanks Flip. See Diablo...not quite as insane as you thought eh? :P

Wolf
Master
Master
CMDR: Dexter Wolf

Postby Wolf » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:00 pm

Interdiction of a player by a player is a PvP action by nature and as such, of course, not allowed while playing in the group. As said for little consensual PvP from time to time you can always go to open play or create a separate private group for testing it out.

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby GlobusDiablo » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:05 pm

Neillm wrote:....See Diablo...not quite as insane as you thought eh? :P

:D

Avago-Earo
Master
Master
CMDR: AVAGO EARO

Postby Avago-Earo » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:39 pm

On face value I'd consider an interdiction from another Commander in group play a bit of a violation. Having said that though, not everyone in the group is on this forum and as it's a fairly new mechanic it's use or non use hasn't been discussed as far as I know (correct me please but not in the kinky way), so maybe the player thought he/she could test it out knowing the group is non PvP and that it wouldn't end in a dog fight.

On the same subject though, how does anyone feel about interdicting to match each others course to a destination/meting place though seeing as comms in super cruise is not really working and jumping out won't necessarily guarantee the same instance?
"Wibble"

Return to “Gameplay and Features”