Community Support for the game and it's features
SJT
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Stephen Taylor
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Interdiction

Postby SJT » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:49 pm

I was messing about with interdiction in Open yesterday. I may have inadvertently been doing it in Group. I'm sure I was in Open as the systems I was in was loaded with PCs but, in case I wasn't, sorry.

Wolf
Master
Master
CMDR: Dexter Wolf

Postby Wolf » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:53 pm

Avago-Earo wrote:On face value I'd consider an interdiction from another Commander in group play a bit of a violation. Having said that though, not everyone in the group is on this forum and as it's a fairly new mechanic it's use or non use hasn't been discussed as far as I know (correct me please but not in the kinky way), so maybe the player thought he/she could test it out knowing the group is non PvP and that it wouldn't end in a dog fight.

Well, just like you said, on face value it already feels like a violation, so at least at the beginning we could just tell a player not to do it anymore. (And point them to the forum). This is the place to inform yourself about the group. One thread on the main forums is not a good place to search for stuff.
Avago-Earo wrote:On the same subject though, how does anyone feel about interdicting to match each others course to a destination/meting place though seeing as comms in super cruise is not really working and jumping out won't necessarily guarantee the same instance?

That is what chaining drives will be for. Will be implemented before release, so very very soon! ;)

Jockgit64
Master
Master
CMDR: Jockgit
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Jockgit64 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:08 pm

Whenever I have been Interdicted I always get damaged, so yes, it should not be allowed in PvP unless it's by mutual consent.

I hate being violated :P

Brightside
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Brightside

Postby Brightside » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:28 pm

I don't think it should be allowed PvP in the group, it's a bit invasive.

That said I've lost count of the number of times people (probably NPCs) have tried to interdict me, although earlier today I had two attempts made on my ship on an approach to the same starport, one quite a way out and one quite a bit closer (I figure the first was probably pirates and the second security).

I have noticed that there seem to be three tiers of interdictors, ones that are quite easy to escape, ones moderatly so, and ones that are a devil to escape from and make you holographics jump around a lot. Has anybody else noticed this?

Avago-Earo
Master
Master
CMDR: AVAGO EARO

Postby Avago-Earo » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:55 am

[quote="Wolf"[/quote]
That is what chaining drives will be for. Will be implemented before release, so very very soon! ;)[/quote]

Cheers. That settles that then.
"Wibble"

Eratosthenes
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Eratosthenes

Postby Eratosthenes » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:35 pm

Thanks for the responses guys ;-)

@Flip - I noticed this person coming toward me from the planet/port I was travelling to, and as this was only the 3rd person I'd actually seen in game (the other two were fleeting & literally a second before I hyperjumped away from a station), I locked onto them purely to see who it was/out of curiosity. They passed me, and then turned around/lined up behind me, then the interdiction happened. there were no NPC's within hundreds of ls.

I made my way to the station, and as I was a few hundred metres from the slot, I noticed the hollow square again, so stopped & turned around, locked on & sure enough it was the same person.

@SJT - Wasn't you mate, you're good ;-)

@Aves Roke - Yep, there does seem to be those '3 tiers' so far as interdictions are concerned, perhaps they relate to the different interdiction modules NPC's have ? For example, I was interdicted by a po-po 'Conda the other night & didn't even have a remote chance of getting away, as soon as the mini-game started he was already two bars from being successful & the escape vector was way out of screen leaving me no chance to avoid.

Neillm
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Zachus

Postby Neillm » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:03 pm

I've had some interdictions that were impossible to escape. 2-3 seconds and I'm done...didn't even see the escape vector. I also had one that took me about 2 minutes to escape...very touch and go at times.

It's good that they aren't all the same though. And the one that I couldn't escape turned out to be a system authority vessel anyway.

Avago-Earo
Master
Master
CMDR: AVAGO EARO

Postby Avago-Earo » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:04 pm

I was wondering about when 'Groups' get properly implemented into the game. There was mention that by final release there will be groups that aren't just a commanders name that everyone else has friended to hopefully get instanced with in a 'private group'.

If that does become the case then maybe it would be good to have a 'Group Description' underneath the group name. For instance:

Group: Mobius

Founder: Commander Mobius:

Group Description: PVE Group (explanation of player verses environment)

Do's: Anything you want except see below;

Don'ts: Agression towards Commanders, Interdiction of other Commanders. This can be done with other players in open or another private group arrangment

Links: (Forum) posting.php?mode=reply&f=8&t=428

I think that way members and people considering joining have an informed choice to make.

This is just an illustration and I'm not defining our group, only the idea of displaying 'group ethics' or whatever in the game.
"Wibble"

Mobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Mobius

Postby Mobius » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:46 pm

this is a difficult subject, being interdicted can be seen as a hostile act but it could have been a situation were the pilot interdicting was curious about testing the feature and wanted to pull you out to say hi. Ive even thought about trying it out, but he may have been just lonely. I would take this with a pinch of salt, I've been looking at the players posts on the official forums and he doesn't appear to be one of those trouble makers that you see, as long as the player in question didn't engage in combat there isn't a great deal that I can do as we haven't said that interdiction is not acceptable within the PvE group.

anyway ive contacted the other player in question to get their side of story.

Philip Coutts
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Coutts

Postby Philip Coutts » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:52 pm

In my opinion if you want to test the interdiction mechanic either do it to NPC's or go and play in open and test it on another player. I guess if you agree with another player to test it out on them that would be cool as well but I don't think anyone should just randomly pull another player out of supercruise. For me it's an aggressive act that goes against the ethos of the group.

Return to “Gameplay and Features”