Community Support for the game and it's features
Shelleen
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: In praise of the Sidewinder

Postby Shelleen » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:29 am

Update.

I got back into the game, shot a few more wanted ships at the Nav Beacon and picked up 4 tons of tobacco from a Lakon 6.

Jumped to Chango Dock and was 15 kilometers out when I was scanned by a Viper. As I was carrying stolen goods it opened fire. I downed that one but then there were three others firing at me. I've never been scanned that far out before, maybe they're getting twitchy with the ongoing Eranin feud? Shot another down to 32% hull but decided discretion was the better part of valour and SC'd out.

Returned and stealthed into the station with a Wanted sign on me for 750 credits.

Sold the tobacco for 16,000 credits and paid off the fines and claimed the bounties for 6,500 credits.

I love this game.

Saved and exited as I'm just too pissed to do anything.

Children, don't mix cider and red wine. Trust me I know. :D

Silverwolf
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Silverwolf

Postby Silverwolf » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:06 pm

I like the sidewinder but will play most of my time in a Cobra, because I like it more and with that new wireframe paint job I brought on Sunday, heck it has to be the Cobra :)

Cmdr A von Uberwald
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Angua von Überwald

Postby Cmdr A von Uberwald » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:17 pm

Lots of helpful tips on smuggling. I have tried them all.

The best method is not to blow up, that I can easily do, as to the rest...........

Philip Coutts
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Coutts

Postby Philip Coutts » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:07 am

I love the Sidewinder, I really do. I was worried when it was announced as the starting ship because my memories of it from Elite and Frontier were not favourable. But the little beauty that Frontier have given us is a very capable ship and with a skilled pilot and some weapons upgrades it's a pretty mean vessel. Great starting point and I have a feeling I might from time to time go back to the sidewinder later in the game.

Neillm
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Zachus

Postby Neillm » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:10 am

Philip Coutts wrote:I love the Sidewinder, I really do. I was worried when it was announced as the starting ship because my memories of it from Elite and Frontier were not favourable. But the little beauty that Frontier have given us is a very capable ship and with a skilled pilot and some weapons upgrades it's a pretty mean vessel. Great starting point and I have a feeling I might from time to time go back to the sidewinder later in the game.

I've been considering nipping back to the sidewinder for some very much needed combat practice. I've done very little so far other than the combat scenarios so really need to skill up. The sidey is ideal for this with the minimum cost risk.

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:24 am

Can't wait to be able to own several ships! At the moment it's a bit of a hassle to switch ships often when you can't buy everything from the same station.
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Return to “Gameplay and Features”