Community Support for the game and it's features
Brixmis
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Brixmis
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Weapons ineffective

Postby Brixmis » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:41 am

Has anyone tried the "Destroy waste canisters" tutorial mission in v2.0.3?

I'm finding that some are being destroyed in a short burst, but others I fire thousands of rounds at with no apparent damage.

Even when they are floating in front, so close i could practically reach out and touch them (so I'm not missing) no damage at all.

Also, I can't seem to switch targets. Once I have targeted a particular canister, if it floats on past and I want to target another one, I can't. I can only switch to a new one, if the one I was targeting is destroyed.

Neillm
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Zachus

Re: Weapons ineffective

Postby Neillm » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:01 am

Are you perhaps too close?

The weapons in that tutorial are fixed, mounted on the wings, and have a convergence point some distance in front of the ship. It could be that you are firing either side of the canister. Could you try aiming off to one side so that one of the guns could hit? Or try backing off a way from the canister?

Philip Coutts
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Coutts

Postby Philip Coutts » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:23 am

You are too close your weapons are missing the target either side. Reverse a little bit and you will soon hear the lovely sound of your cannons ripping the containers to bits. ;)

Brixmis
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Brixmis

Postby Brixmis » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:27 pm

It is possible - I did try at different ranges, and also sweeping across the target with the crosshairs, but the ones I did destroy were farther away, so you are probably right.

Thanks! :)

Return to “Gameplay and Features”