Yubermis
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Yubermis
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Squadron for two people.

Postby Yubermis » Mon May 31, 2021 6:49 pm

Hello fellow CMDRs,

Me and a friend are thinking about creating a squadron just for the two of us (and probably another friend who may return to the game in the future). Is it meaningful to create a squadron for two people? If so, what are the benefits and hardships for us?

Thanks in advance, o7.

Zetr0
Competent
Competent
CMDR: ZETERON

Re: Squadron for two people.

Postby Zetr0 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:15 pm

Greetings Commander Yubermis -o7-

What is a Squad?
A Squad is useful for Squad Goals, which normally revolve around the Back Ground Simulation / Major and Minor Factions within the Elite Universe.

Aside from a good bit of RP ( Roleplaying ) unless you are into / active within the BGS of the game there is little point to squads unless you are looking to build a group of like-minded players within the game.

To get to know more about Squads in general, have a look on INARA ( https://inara.cz ) there are many small and active sqauds that need good players and pilots.

My history with Squads
I joined The High Guard with (started out as a two man squad) via the player group ( we meet throughout the week ). We have recently been getting into the BGS ( Back Ground Simulation ) and currently enjoying Odyssey ( as best we can ) while having fun. we have a few players that while not in the squad are deffinately a core component of our play-group.

In reguard to Squad Benfits
There is the ability to place Squad Markers on the Galaxy Map, as well as see Squad Members on the map when they are online

You can if you have enough players, intent and a little effort get your Squad as a faction within the game ( there are forms from FDev that you fill in )

The Hardships / Difficulties
Well Squad Goals, with but only two this will be a challenge to be noticed, but out side of Communiy Goals there is no detriment.

Overview
I would suggest playing with as many other players that you can - I find the more the merrier the more that can be done as a team, as opposed to a small squad.

have a read here the MCR we do as a player-group to find other members to have fun, do missions and share fun frivolity and Wing mission payouts as well as knowledge and help - its a lot of fun.

I hope that ramble helps, good luck out there Commander and I look forward to seeing you in the black. -o7-

Yubermis
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Yubermis

Re: Squadron for two people.

Postby Yubermis » Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:26 pm

Hello CMDR ZETERON, thank you kindly for your detailed answer, it's very helpful and I think every player will benefit from your response.

See you in the black, fly safe my fellow CMDR o7!

Return to “Gameplay and Features”