Amylynne
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: AF Greenhaugh
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Managing long journeys

Postby Amylynne » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:35 am

Hello everyone

I have my Felicity Farseer invite and I am keen to find the meta alloys for my self , the query I have is how do I manage the long journeys involved to the systems where I can find this stuff. Do people do these journeys in one RL "session" ? Will there be places along the way where I can dock and log off ?

Any hints greatly appreciated.

AF.

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon

Re: Managing long journeys

Postby tinnitus » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:38 pm

One place to buy meta-alloys: surface port Darnielle's Progress Maia Require exploration scanners and fuel scoop. Outside the bubble and Barnacles are in the same direction of Maia. You may leave your ship in space. Google is a good source for help.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Amylynne
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Amylynne » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:04 am

Many thanks for your reply. I am practicing fuel scooping , gradually venturing a little further from Deciat . I looked at how far Maia is and how vast the game is last night, it actually made me shiver ..

Zetr0
Competent
Competent
CMDR: ZETERON

Postby Zetr0 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:43 am

Greetings Commander Amylynn -o7-

Welcome to the Mobius Sector - while the Galaxy maybe vast and daunting at first, it is there for the taking.

"Pick a light in the night sky and there you will find a story, thousands of years old, waiting to be told.." -anon

Every time I am out here in the black I am humbled and inspired at how truly emmense the scale and the beauty of our galaxay.

So a little about "meta-alloys"

You can get these quickly from Fleet Carriers, more often than not, in the Deciate System - I would humbly suggest creating an account on INARA its free and an amazing resource that alongside EDDB and Coriolis - ship builder

When I was unlocking Grandma Felicity, I bought 1 Meta Alloy from Darnielle's Progress - in the Maia System in the search boxed - just as Commander tinnitus mentioned above.

It should be noted that the Maia system is some 389 Light years from the Deciat System

A lot of these tools also seem emense and daugnting - however, the more you use them, the more that they make a lot of sense, as there is so much to learn, its kinda like matrix, in that you cannot be "told" what the matrix is, you can only discover it for yourself.

I use Inara to see where the closest commodity is - just put in the commodity you are looking for and the system that you are in in the search boxes - it will then spit out a list of places that are selling that commodity, including Fleet Carriers, Planet and Orbital Basses - always check the landing-pad requirements as well as the "time" of the last known transaction.

If I could offer some introspection - if you have the ability to collect RAW, ENCODED and MANUFACTURED materials, if you have a vessel that is equipped with a Class 5 FSD, then I would humbly suggest collection the required materials for the FSD V1 from the Human Tecnology Broker

The current price is

26x Tellurium
26x Electrochemical Arrays
28x Chemical Processors
18x Datamined Wake Exceptions

I wrote a simple guide of sorts on how to get this device ( its amazing as it comes pre-engineered with both Long Range and Fast Boot Sequence ) all you need to add is the Effect "Mass Manager" and you have an Amazing FSD - also it doesn't cost the $5,000,000 space credits a Class 5A will set you back.

You will need to make two planetary landings with a ship equipped with an SRV - I would recommend a Medium sized ship as this is easier to land in closer proximity to the needed materials.

There is a lot to learn Commander, I still do this every day, its amazing out here and its yours for the taking.

Good Luck Commander -o7-

Amylynne
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Amylynne » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:03 am

Thank you for your assistance

Amylynne
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Amylynne » Thu May 06, 2021 5:26 am

After several sessions and careful navigation I have reached Pleiades Sector KC-V c2-11 , Kipling Orbital. Took the journey slowly using the economy option of the Galactic map. On the way , ran a few missions for various factions and refined my technique with the FSS , I have just turned in over a million credits in exploration data.

As I moved out here I am seeing "nonhuman" signals presumably these are to be avoided by ships not seeking combat? :)

Many thanks

Zetr0
Competent
Competent
CMDR: ZETERON

Postby Zetr0 » Thu May 06, 2021 9:59 am

Greetings Commander Amylynne -o7-

The "non-human" signals in space usually resolve into Thargoid encounters - most are one sided and brutal, Their ships are very fast ( even the basic Scout ) and will destroy a non AX (Anti-Xeno) build with ease - I would recommending to avoid those "non-human" signals you find in space untill you have a vessel that can Thargoid Combat.

You may find "non-human" signals on a Planet and this usually indicates either a Guardian structure, Thargoid structure or Thargoid crashed vessel. These site are often approached with caution -

Guardian Runins / structures
These often have Guardian Drones ( Skimmers ) that will attack your SRV, while they cannot really do damage to a ship - they can take out an SRV and make a long trip twice as long as you may have to go back and get a new one

Thargoid Structures
These we assume are large semi sub-surface base vessels - These structures require various Thargoid components to enter and explore.

Thargoid Crashed Vessels
These are quite interesting, while I have not encounter any that can do you ( or your SRV ) damage, I will always advise caution and tentative approach as some may still have some active sub-systems.

I hope that helps, stay safe out there Commander -o7-

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon

Postby tinnitus » Thu May 06, 2021 2:13 pm

I have not lost an SRV for a long time does this still work? When you lose an SRV you can log into a base game without Horizons, and it will relocate you back into an orbit, with your SRV inside your ship or carry 2 worth the extra weight? SRV is destroyed, your suit activates, putting you into stasis, and the ship's emergency recovery routine kicks in, and it flies down to scoop you up?
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Amylynne
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Amylynne » Thu May 06, 2021 8:22 pm

I suspected that , thank you for the sound advice ☺️

Return to “Gameplay and Features”