Community Support for the game and it's features
howardxu23
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: howardxu23
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

there is a weird super cruise issue with mobius group specifically

Postby howardxu23 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:59 pm

well... the ship attempts to go into supercruise...then it freezes there till it crashes. it happens only to mobius EUAISA as of now(does not do it in open, my private group or solo)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv-mg997vNY

Zetr0
Competent
Competent
CMDR: ZETERON

Re: there is a weird super cruise issue with mobius group specifically

Postby Zetr0 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:49 am

Greetings Commander -o7-

I can confirrm that this has happened a several times for me over the last week and a bit. I have found that this usually co-incides more often with "peak" times - however this has happened couple of times put side of 18:00 - 20:00

I also log-into another PVE private group and it has happened a couple of times there, usually when leaving an instance like a planet or mining ring.

Also when this instance happens 1 out of 3 times it will ( eventually after a couple of minutes ) jump into normal supercruise - but more often than not I have to reset the game. Also I often lose connection to GAL Net / Social even after rebooting the game and the Client Lanucher - while the latter claims that Service is YES.

I suspect either FDev or the I-Net Backboone are having some "fun" their end.

howardxu23
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: howardxu23

Postby howardxu23 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:58 pm

Zetr0 wrote:Greetings Commander -o7-

I can confirrm that this has happened a several times for me over the last week and a bit. I have found that this usually co-incides more often with "peak" times - however this has happened couple of times put side of 18:00 - 20:00

I also log-into another PVE private group and it has happened a couple of times there, usually when leaving an instance like a planet or mining ring.

Also when this instance happens 1 out of 3 times it will ( eventually after a couple of minutes ) jump into normal supercruise - but more often than not I have to reset the game. Also I often lose connection to GAL Net / Social even after rebooting the game and the Client Lanucher - while the latter claims that Service is YES.

I suspect either FDev or the I-Net Backboone are having some "fun" their end.

huh, so it is FDev spagatti code. I will keep that in mind I suppose

lafzy
Novice
Novice
CMDR: lafzy

Postby lafzy » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:49 pm

I played a bit in solo over the weekend and it happened there too once or twice. Don't think its related to the group, but a pain in the proverbial nonetheless!

o7

firemane
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: firemane
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby firemane » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:34 pm

It happens in open and solo too.

Fun fact: If the timeout happens while in a planet's gravity well you may find yourself in free fall when you reconnect. It seems sometimes the ships spawn with the thrusters off.

Twice I was saved in the nick of time by a timely boost, but the third time my ship's tail dragged for half a km down the side of a cliff. Fun times.

Return to “Gameplay and Features”