Postby OmegaPaladin » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:20 pm

The six least used ships on Inara are:

Alliance Challenger
Diamondback Scout
Federal Dropship
Alliance Crusader
Cobra Mk IV
Asp Scout

What changes would you make to these ships to make them more viable? It seems most of them are variants on a more successful design. We can see that something like the Krait series mean that two similar ships can work with different roles.

Could any of these ships be made viable with solely a decrease in price?

Have you found a useful role for these ships in their current configuration? I know I like running the Keelback (which is the 7th least used ship on Inara) as a miner, since it can use class 2 lasers with a good sized cargo bay

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Challenge - Fix the Bottom Six

Postby tinnitus » Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:27 pm

Cheaper than the FGS for ground assault for the Dropship high capacity mine launchers carpet bombing or dumbfire missiles, gimballed beam and heavy use of FA on/off but there are better ships to spend money on.

So better handling and speed changes.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby TorTorden » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:39 am

All these ships apart from the drop ship is a bastard junior version of another one.

Flying any of these might make sense if credits where a lot harder to come by, but it's not.
Maybe or it was set so a dedicated pilot could make 50k-100k per week.

Instead new players have been able to start the ltd thing. And have a fleet of the main three in a month and a fleet carrier couple of weeks after that.

You clearly also have done no research on this list apart from copy pasting it from inara.

Here's a clue.
You have the mk4 on it.
That's only available to those who had pre ordered horizons back I'm 2015 for full price.

Those who did that was already well past flying a cobra, even though the profits then where 1/10th of the latest money schemes.

The credits income is the problem.
Its not the only problem in this game, but it is the absolute ginormous whole in the boat.
As far all these ships.

Delete them from game.
Fixed.

You are posting 5hisnojna dead forum where no dev would ever see.

So good luck with that.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Zetr0
Competent
Competent
CMDR: ZETERON

Postby Zetr0 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:55 pm

@Commander TorTorden

Your a bunch of cuddles today, did the Sagitarius singularity eat your cereal or something?

Crap... we get it, your not a fan of miners...

------------------------------------------

@Commander OmegaPaladin - o7

Interesting, these are quite the Dirty Half Dozen of a Motley of ships.

Lets have some fun and discourse - I would appreciate your insights as well.

Alliance Challenger
Oh boy, like its other sister design, this NEEDS a role to play in the universe, something it can do WELL in its class / price range - something that others are either more expensive or come at a substantial configurability loss.

Personally for the Alliance "battle" based ships there should be a RANK of sorts an Alliance Navy and with that perhaps some specific Alliance Unlocks to make this family of vessels more desireable.

Diamondback Scout
Anytihng with SCOUT in the name should have an additional 5 Light Years of Jump Range Added to their base and either a downsized Optional Class and Hard Points.

Federal Dropship
Is it just me or does this NEED something to DROP into a battle field - perhaps some cool Drones or an Upgraded / Armoured SRV - or Drone SRV ?

Alliance Crusader
Like its sisters - this is a ship that has no real purpose in its price and class range when compared to others - as a military vessel, perhaps when combined with an Alliance Navy Rank - specific Navy (RANK) avialable Weapons - at military basses.

Cobra Mk IV
As Tor -" A Singularity Stole my Lunch Money "- Torden - has mentioned this was a consession of sorts to those that paid full price for Horzions - Sadly it is an inferior variant of the Cobra Mk3. As it is limited to a specfic player base, I doubt FDev would even consider the thought, But I would like to see this re-engineerd for just 1 extra hard point and greater speed and with special paint jobs available to thank / commiserate the early adopters. I would like to see a Cobra Mk3b varient that is similar in game play, but with a nicety or two missing.

Asp Scout
Again, anything that has SCOUT in the name +5 Light Years to base JUMP range, reduce a Hard Point, Core and or Optional Internal Class rating.

An interesting topic for sure, I look forward to fellow introspection

Thanks for sharing Commander - o7

dapprman
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: DAPPRMAN

Postby dapprman » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:09 pm

Arguably they did fix the Diamond Back Scout, but then sold it as a more expensive higher spec ship - the Diamond Back Explorer. Problem now is they can't fix the scout without improving the explorer (the ability to mount a larger fuel scoot on a DBX would be a nice x-mas present :) )

OmegaPaladin
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: OmegaPaladin

Postby OmegaPaladin » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:42 am

Zetr0 wrote:@Commander TorTorden

Your a bunch of cuddles today, did the Sagitarius singularity eat your cereal or something?

Crap... we get it, your not a fan of miners...

------------------------------------------

@Commander OmegaPaladin - o7

Interesting, these are quite the Dirty Half Dozen of a Motley of ships.

Lets have some fun and discourse - I would appreciate your insights as well.

Alliance Challenger
Oh boy, like its other sister design, this NEEDS a role to play in the universe, something it can do WELL in its class / price range - something that others are either more expensive or come at a substantial configurability loss.

Personally for the Alliance "battle" based ships there should be a RANK of sorts an Alliance Navy and with that perhaps some specific Alliance Unlocks to make this family of vessels more desireable.

Diamondback Scout
Anytihng with SCOUT in the name should have an additional 5 Light Years of Jump Range Added to their base and either a downsized Optional Class and Hard Points.

Federal Dropship
Is it just me or does this NEED something to DROP into a battle field - perhaps some cool Drones or an Upgraded / Armoured SRV - or Drone SRV ?

Alliance Crusader
Like its sisters - this is a ship that has no real purpose in its price and class range when compared to others - as a military vessel, perhaps when combined with an Alliance Navy Rank - specific Navy (RANK) avialable Weapons - at military basses.

Cobra Mk IV
As Tor -" A Singularity Stole my Lunch Money "- Torden - has mentioned this was a consession of sorts to those that paid full price for Horzions - Sadly it is an inferior variant of the Cobra Mk3. As it is limited to a specfic player base, I doubt FDev would even consider the thought, But I would like to see this re-engineerd for just 1 extra hard point and greater speed and with special paint jobs available to thank / commiserate the early adopters. I would like to see a Cobra Mk3b varient that is similar in game play, but with a nicety or two missing.

Asp Scout
Again, anything that has SCOUT in the name +5 Light Years to base JUMP range, reduce a Hard Point, Core and or Optional Internal Class rating.

An interesting topic for sure, I look forward to fellow introspection

Thanks for sharing Commander - o7

Thank you. I was curious, since I have uniformly heard people trash these ships. (outside of the DBS) I'm still figuring out the mechanics, so I figured I would ask if people had ideas for them.

My thought was that the Mk.4 would be more of a side-grade for the Cobra, so it is not pay-to-win, but still an interesting alternative. For example, make it the best small-pad cargo hauler, with capacity and range. Sure, anyone could upgrade to a T6 instead, but it would have a unique niche. It would not be THAT different from the Mk. 3, so people like me would not miss it.

Scout ships could go for speed and low heat - I hear the DBS can actually run well while shieldless. Maybe the Asp Scout could make a really nice smuggler?

Zetr0
Competent
Competent
CMDR: ZETERON

Postby Zetr0 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:17 pm

Greetings Commander - o7

I really wish there was a reserved compartment for Core or Optional Compartment upgrades for smuggling - like there is for miliary.

With one these compatement with a cargo module module fitted - the cargo it contains cannot be detected by a scan or perhaps a percentage chance of being detected - no need to keep throwing away heat sinks 5 times a landing when in core systems!

With that I would like to see the cargo size limited, perhaps shifted in size down a class, such that a class 4C Cargo Rack installed in a Smugglers Compartment, that would normally see 16t would now only be capable for only 8t ( like a class 3 ).

I would also like to see a bit more specialization in regards to SCOUT vessels, so perhaps a specific class of SCOUT FSD that are ( fluff wise ) tunned to the hulls of SCOUT vessels giving them a little more range... of course you can still Engineer and Effect them, it would Open up another avenue of taking money out of the game - which seems to be the thing these days.

I would also like to see other ROLE specific Core and or Optional Compartments, e.g. a Tactical Compartment - Personal / SRV Weapons / Suit storage - and or where a limited selection of modules get a benefit being installed in such a slot.

This way making the most out of a class / role of ship and with the Elite Space Legs update comming up early quarter of 2021 - I would be great to see specific ordanence, hardware and surface vessels for us to play with.

While this is just a fantasy, FDev would never entertain such a shift in the Elite verse, its still nice to discuss it out loud ( albiet in a forum )

o7 - Commander

Return to “Gameplay and Features”