Community Support for the game and it's features
tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Second Account

Postby tinnitus » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:23 pm

Elite Dangerous: Horizons - Season Pass PC Games. One licence to be used on the same PC (Rift S) along with my main account. Am launching using the launcher entering details for each account. I know I can rename the launcher for each account just prefer it this way.

My problem is I get this error; after the email code. Support ticket submitted thought I pop in here with hope of playing sooner than the support ticket flight time.

elite-error.png
elite-error.png (35.13 KiB) Viewed 9553 times
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Saberius
Admin
Admin
CMDR: SABERIUS

Re: Second Account

Postby Saberius » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:40 pm

Hiya,
I don't know about that error, I think support will be your best solution..

You are better off just making a copy of the EDLaunch.exe and when the game updates, delete and recreate and rename it again.
I do all the private group forms so there's four as well as my own private account.

Keep your 'main' account as EDLaunch.EXE and change the guest/second account exe copy as another name.

Windows itself keeps track of which login and password belongs to which exe, but it is still only one install of the game.

Also, my oculus exe launches regardless of which version is run, so each one is VR capable.

launchers.JPG
launchers.JPG (32 KiB) Viewed 9541 times

tinnitus
Master
Master

Postby tinnitus » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:39 pm

Howdy,
Thanks for the reply as well as a few good ideas EDLaunch.exe I do have two
one for my main account and one using EDLaunch.exe" /NOVR for yes correct no VR. I was using Oculus debug tool to stop the VR loading.

I should hear back on the ticket tomorrow or Tuesday appears difficult for me simple for FDEV unlike the time I waited weeks for my missing 1 billion credits. Pesky little thieves flying around everywhere *coughtor* ya know ;)

Thanks again eh!
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

tinnitus
Master
Master

Postby tinnitus » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:43 pm

Update:

All better now, purchased a part (the wrong part) of a game not the main base game (fookme).
Saberius thanks again mate.
Image]

Norwin Palmer
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Norwin Palmer

Postby Norwin Palmer » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:03 pm

I just make a new Windows user account for the extra CMDR and name it the same as the CMDR name, just to help make it clearer for myself, could be anything. The advantage is never having to delete and update the EXE file, the disadvantage is needing to log into a different Windows user account to switch.

However, the biggest advantage to me is my playing environments are totally separated with totally independent with different control setups since one is FAO/Combat dedicated and the other is just generic flying, mostly flight assist on. Everything is independent, logs, videos, screenshots, etc. For some people I suppose that could be a big disadvantage but for me it's the opposite.

My logins and passwords are saved by Windows per user and when it comes time to update I just hit the button on any login and everything is updated for all users without needing to do anything else, I never have to re-enter my credentials for any login or do anything else special.

tinnitus
Master
Master

Postby tinnitus » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:46 pm

I have three launcher shortcuts one that stops Rift S VR service and do not have to re-enter my credentials for any login but you would have to if you log out machine in Launcher options. I understanding updating passwords but failing to understand why unless you changed the pwd or is this a steam account thing?
regards
o7 stay safe
fly dangerously
Image]

Return to “Gameplay and Features”