CMDR Sol
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: J.A.B.
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

What to do with 150 Mil?

Postby CMDR Sol » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:51 am

Hi there.

I am currently working my way back into the game after having a long break and it feels like starting from scratch.
At the moment I deep core mine LTDs near Azrael, when I thought, i could get in touch with Mobius again and so I did. Just to find out, that there is not just this group, but squads and even a faction, which is at Azreal! Wonderful. I applied for the OOM and the Eurasia group and hope to be accepted soon :)

So my questions as a semi-noob are:

1. I would love to fly the Anaconda (this is my next personal goal). How much money should I save at least? I am currently somewhere around 150 Million.

2. I would really like to support our faction, but have no clue how. What would be a good job for my future Anaconda and me? I do love mining and fighting (PvE obviously). But exploring as well. And group play! I would love to try out Multicrew! Never did some passenger missions. Would love to get into diplomacy (later).

3. I have sworn allegiance to Raissa Duval, but never started anything supporting her faction...should I do that first?

You see: I need a bit of guidance and looking forward to your answers!

Thx in advance,

CMDR J.A.B. (<-- this is my ingame handle)
As above so below

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon

Re: What to do with 150 Mil?

Postby tinnitus » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:50 pm

Welcome back Commander many players use this site Shipyard. As for the Anaconda cost a range between basic purchase plus 500+ million outfitting cost my current conda build is approx 750 million the cutter 1.250 billion not forgetting as you know our game time buildings credits plus engineers etc. Am willing to help if I may currently in the America Group which of course includes PDT time zone.

Regards
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby TorTorden » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:48 pm

150 is perfect for a decent Krait mk2.
Or Python.
The larger ships has a hidden expense in the modules and the ship hull price is just a very tiny portion.
For a "decent" I would aim for at least 4-500 mil.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

CMDR Sol
Harmless
Harmless

Postby CMDR Sol » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:41 am

Hi Commanders.

Thank you for your replies. I googled a bit and found this website, where some builds were saved, as the other tools (like the Coriolis website) were a bit overwhelming. https://roguey.co.uk/elite-dangerous/ship-builds/ there I found out about the average cost of the Anaconda builds...and that I should head for the 1 billion first. So maybe the next ship after the ASP explorer will be something else... @TorTorden suggested the Krait or the Python, so maybe I go for one of these. As mentioned above, I'd love to contribute to the faction, but actually don't know how...the game has OBVIOUSLY developed quite a bit :D
So any recommendation for the next logical step after the ASP explorer?
I am quite happy with it and make 10-20 mil / hour, when I am lucky, but of course would love to evolve and have some ship launched fighters to have an actual defence against pirates ;)
I am at 200 Mil at the moment, heading out for the ring this afternoon again :) deep core mining in ED is quite relaxing
o7
As above so below

CMDR Sol
Harmless
Harmless

Postby CMDR Sol » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:02 am

Found this build for the Krait: https://roguey.co.uk/elite-dangerous/sh ... ds/id-559/
What do you think?
As above so below

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly

Postby TorTorden » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:17 pm

That's a mining build, For mining you would probably be better off with a python.
Should get you another 60t cargo capacity at least.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Norwin Palmer
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Norwin Palmer

Postby Norwin Palmer » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:00 pm

This is the Python I use for Deep Core mining. It doesn't support SLF but it is set up to defend itself although that largely depends on your combat rank. It isn't some ultimate combat miner and I'm sure could be improved but it won't crumble like tin foil at the first sign of combat either.

I'm not a fan of SLFs but I also don't have a lot of knowledge or experience using them either, even though I have two crew pilots ranked Dangerous on payroll. I don't see SLFs as more than a distraction and it's only a matter of time before they get destroyed and need rebuilt, but again, depends on your combat rank and what pirates you get... and maybe I'm just using them wrong.

I don't know about supporting the Order Of Mobius, I used to when it was public but I'm not sure how it works now. They have their own forum sections so I would look/ask there.

► Show Spoiler

tinnitus
Master
Master

Postby tinnitus » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:53 pm

The Python as suggested is a good ship to mine with - My ship was an "A" rated Combat Thon now equipped with mining laser as well as abrasion blaster and 6C Shields , mods engineered. Sometimes I use the ASPX for mining after she if full I swap over to the Python then head out top her up and repeat with the Cutter.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly

Postby TorTorden » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:59 pm

The very purpose of of SLF's is to distract, and even a small bay has like 5-6 of them.
Rebuy for one SLF is 1000cr.

It would cost more to restock an array of multicannon ammo.

They are the very picture definition of "disposeable".
My trick to use one is to send it off ahead of myself, to draw attention, as the NPC starts tracking the SLF, they expose abeam and I can open up a volley that only the more tanky targets doesn't melt from.
Granted that is with my combat builds.

For mining the Krait would really struggle to get enough cargo to be of any effectivity if you even fitted a scoop.
Heck I don't even use one for my mining cutter cause you are always better off with more collector's than an SLF.

Besides, with mining, you only spawn one potential NPC when you drop into the belt.
Let that scan you and it fucks off, and you can fill your hold to your hearts content.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

tinnitus
Master
Master

Postby tinnitus » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:22 pm

Nice tip Tor - thanks. I like flying the fighter and have the main ship target my enemies it is fun doing this in a RES one can always quickly switch back if things begin going south.
Image]

Return to “Gameplay and Features”