Community Support for the game and it's features
Vortex-5
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Vortex-5
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

NPC crew question

Postby Vortex-5 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:38 pm

I was reading another post on here about NPC crew and apparently their bio matters in terms of what they are capable of flying.

Apparently anything "Navy" generally means they fly everything but the rest of the bio tells you if they are better in the mothership / figher.

Is this tangible in actual gameplay?

Also I seem to be pretty slow at levelling the new hire up from harmless any tips?

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: NPC crew question

Postby JohnLuke » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:01 pm

I have not heard anything on that. I've had numerous crew members over the years and have found them all to be very capable (once trained) pilots. I usually use them in the SLF, but have had them fly the mothership at times too. No issues with any of them.

I've usually found them to train up pretty fast. The quickest way is to take them to a Compromised Nav Beacon (CNB), seek out deadly and elite wanted ships, and get kills while ensuring that you'r SLF pilot gets shots on the target. I use the "attack target" command each time I select a new target, to ensure that they shoot at what I'm shooting at. They rank up pretty quickly.

Regular Haz-RES hunting works too, it's just slower than a CNB due to fewer targets and most of them are lower level targets.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Return to “Gameplay and Features”