EradicationGod
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: EradicationGod
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

New CMDR lost... seeking help

Postby EradicationGod » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:38 am

Hello fellow CMDR's,

My name is Eric, better known as CMDR EradicationGod.

I got ED:Horizons a few years back when it was still brand-spanking new, but got annoyed very quickly at the too steep learning curve.

After some time and maturing of the game, I recently started again and was looking for some online interaction, but without all the annoying trolling etc.... So Mobius is the proper choice here.... Thank you Mobius-group and CMDR's for welcoming me here.

After applying here on your site, I went into the game to join you all there. So I clicked and searched in 'Private Groups' for 'Mobius'.
Found only 1 reference, so I clicked it. Then I clicked on 'Join Group', only to be greeted with the message 'Cannot join, because this group is full', or something along those lines. It held a player count of about 19.500...

Can someone please help me get my feet wet here, or have a solution for me? Thank you kindly in advance, but please keep in mind that I'm a total newb... although I own the game from it's early beginnings, I barely touched it until now.... A lot has changed, for the better, I may add.

Thank you fellow CMDR's ;) :ugeek:
CMDR EradicationGod

Greetz from the Netherrealms... :evil:

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Re: New CMDR lost... seeking help

Postby JohnLuke » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:15 am

Greetings and welcome to Mobius, Commander EradicationGod

Sorry you're having trouble joining us in-game. Please see the instructions on our join page. You need to submit the registration form, then follow the "how to search for private groups" section and add the appropriate Mobius group for your time zone.

The learning curve in E-D is pretty darn steep, so be sure to ask a lot of questions. We're here to help! :)

Feel free to add your name to our 'In game friends lists'

In game friends list for PC

Check out our Team Speak and Discord servers, which are great ways to chat, meet, and organize with other players.

Also, make sure to check the Policy page if you haven't already.

On top of all of that, we also have a Facebook group and Twitter feed.

There is a lot of great info on the message board, and we have compiled a long list of Tips and Tricks to help new players acclimatize to the game while having fun.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

EradicationGod
Harmless
Harmless

Postby EradicationGod » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:43 am

Thank you CMDR John Luke, for the info....
As of now I joined every channel posted, just a quick question about those 'time-slot servers' and the friends list.....

Servers: I looked at the forums and found a 'join' post where I was directed to Mobius PVE EURASIA, so I joined there and at
Mobius PVE Factions. Is this correct or not, due to outdated info or groups? And if so, which time slot should I join then...???

Friends-list: This list is incredibly long, do I need to add every person manually by hand or is there a quicker solution?

Side question: I also joined and registered at INARA Project. How can I get this in here to show, like at the bottom of your posts?

Many thanks in advance for making me feel welcome, can't wait to get something done here and in game
and join you guys to "Go where no man has gone before" ... lolz

Kind regards,

CMDR EradicationGod
CMDR EradicationGod

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:06 am

EradicationGod wrote:Thank you CMDR John Luke, for the info....
As of now I joined every channel posted, just a quick question about those 'time-slot servers' and the friends list.....

Servers: I looked at the forums and found a 'join' post where I was directed to Mobius PVE EURASIA, so I joined there and at
Mobius PVE Factions. Is this correct or not, due to outdated info or groups? And if so, which time slot should I join then...???

Friends-list: This list is incredibly long, do I need to add every person manually by hand or is there a quicker solution?

Side question: I also joined and registered at INARA Project. How can I get this in here to show, like at the bottom of your posts?

Many thanks in advance for making me feel welcome, can't wait to get something done here and in game
and join you guys to "Go where no man has gone before" ... lolz

Kind regards,

CMDR EradicationGod

Glad to help :)

Servers: PVE Eurasia will be your main private group (once the PG admins review your registration form). The Factions group is used primarily for our players who are supporting our player factions, which is a whole new level of stuff to think about in E-D. You may want to get your footing in other areas of the game before diving into that (if you ever do).

Friends list: the actual 'list' is sorely out of date. We don't have a lot of moderators/admins on the forum these days and it's hard to find time to update the list. Sadly there's not automated way of adding players to your friends list in-game. I recommend starting with the newest posts in the friends list thread (because those are newer, and probably active, Mobius members) and add them one at a time in your free time.

In Inara, if you go to your signature section, you can copy a link to your 'image url'. Then go your profile on this forum, signature, and copy the inara link into your forum signature.

I hope this helps.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

EradicationGod
Harmless
Harmless

Postby EradicationGod » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:19 am

Thank you again...

INARA is done, friends will get there eventually and about those servers, I start in EURASIA first then.... see where it might lead me....

Thank you
CMDR EradicationGod

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:37 am

Glad you got it sorted! :)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

CMDR_COENEN
Competent
Competent
CMDR: COENEN
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby CMDR_COENEN » Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:01 pm

Welcome to our fantastic group, Commander EradicationGod! Hope to see you in the black! And if there any questions, feel free to ask.

EradicationGod
Harmless
Harmless

Postby EradicationGod » Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:36 pm

Thank you CMDR Coenen,

I feel very welcome here.... Although after checking the Steam Charts for ED, I kinda got disappointed that only between 5k and 8k players are playing recently...It then also makes me wonder how far players actually went out into the abyss.... How are we going to explore all those billions of star systems all across the galaxy, when only so few are left and there is so much to do...... lol

On a more practical note, I do have some questions... I'm kinda stuck in a rut.... I tried mining and tried to perform deep-core mining like those on the youtuups....but for the life of me, I can't figure it out properly...so now I reverted my Lakon T-6 back to a trader... which is not as profitable as painite according the experts of youtuups.... Also had a Delacy Cobra MkIII in kind of a nice combat state, but sold it for this Lakon T-6, because collecting the bounties is as mysterious as the galaxy itself.... It clearly states in my screen to look for an Authority contact, "You can find them on any station" it reads... which is true, but I can't collect my bounties ... Once in the station the contact says "No bounties to claim" or something....but they are there in my ships computer on the left screen.... after getting frustrated with it ... and seeing it also collects between 20k and 50k per bounty...it's not getting me anywhere ..... So plz help me to get some proper cash flow, if you have tips....

Also I am currently in Azrael (Raffarty's Mobius Station), (still waiting on Admin to let me in the group after x-mas) But I was looking also for the MCRN... But where can I find the home port/station for the MCRN.

Plz throw me a bone here... I tried to do my homework first and looked at forums and youtuups clips... but I can't figure it out properly...so for the moment I'm only trading and doing courier missions, but it doesn't make a lot of cash and it's getting boring after 6 days non-stop....

Thank you all for those with tips and tricks and the warm welcome...
CMDR EradicationGod

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby TorTorden » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:29 pm

But yeah, this game has definitely seen better

First they pretty much took some of the best hype build in a game for thargs, completely implode the balloon and it's now left as a complete combat focuesd snooze fest. Numbers, past year in particular has been rough with no new content at all, and the so called QOL fixes seems to have been delivered by the B team and so bugridden core features break.

FD: Lool how cool this new speed indicator is!

Me: Uuuh, all my stored modules has lost all engineering stats.

Fd: It pulses!

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:59 am

To turn in your bounties, it's best to turn them in at the same system where you killed the pirate. If you do that, you'll get full credit for the kills. Other systems won't be able to accept the bounties at all, unless you go to a station with an Interstellar Factors. He's kind of a 'bounty broker' if you will. He'll buy all of your bounties, but will charge you a 25% fee for cashing them in. It's a real time saver if you don't want to fly around to where you got the bounties.

There are a few websites that will tell you where the nearest I.F. is located, but since you're already using Inara, here's a link to that page:
https://inara.cz/galaxy-nearest/

Just enter your current system name, hit Search, then click on Interstellar Factions. It'll show you the closest stations.

Regarding mining, it is super profitable and worth some time to get the hang of. Deep core mining isn't the big draw that it used to be. Painite, low temp diamonds, and maybe 1-2 other surface materials is where it's at these days. Here's some info shamelessly copied from a friend of mine that he posted a few months back....

Where to mine, find overlapping hotspots and where to sell:
http://edtools.ddns.net/miner

"How to do it:
find an overlapping hotspot location with the mining link above.
Go to that location and use your surface scanner to find the overlapping hotspots. Fly towards them and slow down. Don't drop with one selected. I think you will drop at the center of the selected one. Drop midway between them with nothing selected. Run away from anybody that shows up if you have any goodies. If you only have only limpets just let them scan you.
Set up your firegroups with your lasers and collectors on one button. This way you always have your max limpets out. Set your secondary button as your prospectors. I also left on a few abrasion blasters on another fire group since some rocks will have painite surface deposits.
Look for triangle shaped rocks and prospect them. The guide I read said that any rock over 30% is worth your time. I fire 1 prospector and look for another target in the same general direction then fire another. If you do it right you will save time over using one prospector. Once I find a good one I get close to minimize collector flying time. With 6 lasers I overheat. I fire till the level of materials gets down to 50% then cool for a few seconds before I finish it off. You could use less lasers since it doesn't really matter as long as you stay ahead of the limpets. While I'm waiting for limpets I select the next target for my prospector and fire it off. Don't forget to set your limpets to ignore everything but painite and mats."

I hope that helps.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Return to “Gameplay and Features”