Group events and appointments in Game
steo
Novice
Novice
CMDR: steo
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

mobius elitepve charity stream

Postby steo » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:56 pm

Good evening/morning/afternoon/whatever time of day it is for you!

Mobius, Wolf and i were chatting about the possibility of creating a 24 hr Live stream for charity to raise some money for good causes and to show
off our wonderful (abilities of flying into a space station) or elite game play so i was just wondering how many of you people would like to get involved and help out?

comment your ideas of what could be streamed. get involved and be part of the stream? come one come all :) lets do some fundraising for good causes and possibly some excellent laser action!

Sidenti Taalo
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Sidenti Taalo

Re: mobius elitepve charity stream

Postby Sidenti Taalo » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:35 pm

It's a great idea but I don't know what I can do to help. I can't stream jack on this five-year-old rig and anything I can do in-game can likely be done orders of magnitude better by someone else.

I was thinking about putting together a Radio Mobius though.

Mouse
Master
Master
CMDR: Baigs

Postby Mouse » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:36 pm

steo wrote:Good evening/morning/afternoon/whatever time of day it is for you!

Mobius, Wolf and i were chatting about the possibility of creating a 24 hr Live stream for charity to raise some money for good causes and to show
off our wonderful (abilities of flying into a space station) or elite game play so i was just wondering how many of you people would like to get involved and help out?

comment your ideas of what could be streamed. get involved and be part of the stream? come one come all :) lets do some fundraising for good causes and possibly some excellent laser action!

Sadly I have nothing left to donate to the charity stream, I already sent what I could to the International Red Cross.

Sidenti Taalo wrote:It's a great idea but I don't know what I can do to help. I can't stream jack on this five-year-old rig and anything I can do in-game can likely be done orders of magnitude better by someone else.

What would Radio Mobius consist of ?
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

steo
Novice
Novice

Postby steo » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:05 am

well just some ideas and people who want to pitch in and help out, we are starting a podcast for mobius however soon :) this will be advertised outside these walls also however just to get a few pitches :)

Sidenti Taalo
Competent
Competent

Postby Sidenti Taalo » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:39 am

Mouse wrote:
Sidenti Taalo wrote:It's a great idea but I don't know what I can do to help. I can't stream jack on this five-year-old rig and anything I can do in-game can likely be done orders of magnitude better by someone else.

Probably classic rock (70s-early 90s), some ads about products in-game - kind of like Radio Sidewinder, but with classic rock and hopefully no actual advertising (which I've found is simply immersion-breaking unless the adverts are in a language I don't understand).

Mouse
Master
Master
CMDR: Baigs

Postby Mouse » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:48 am

Sidenti Taalo wrote:
Mouse wrote:

Probably classic rock (70s-early 90s), some ads about products in-game - kind of like Radio Sidewinder, but with classic rock and hopefully no actual advertising (which I've found is simply immersion-breaking unless the adverts are in a language I don't understand).

What program are you using? SAM?
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

Sidenti Taalo
Competent
Competent

Postby Sidenti Taalo » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:30 am

Mouse wrote:What program are you using? SAM?

I'm not that far along yet in the planning phase. I was thinking of just setting up a Shoutcast server and giving Arnie the link to include with the Inara radio player.

Avago-Earo
Master
Master
CMDR: AVAGO EARO

Postby Avago-Earo » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:14 pm

Raising some money for counselling for the people who lost loved ones in Paris? Count me in
"Wibble"

steo
Novice
Novice

Postby steo » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:59 pm

its currently for the charities frontier support, however if there is a charity that is supporting paris i guess we could help them out however we have to be careful about that as it is a developed country and some people sadly use these incidents to profit so we'd have to investigate the charity fully

CMDR xKryptical
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: xKryptical

Postby CMDR xKryptical » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:01 am

Get a date set and count me in! I'd love to contribute, just let me know where I'm needed.

Return to “In Game Events”