Group events and appointments in Game
uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Player Arena: Duel CZ club near Azrael

Postby uvelius » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:33 am

We are dedicated to PvE, and allow PvP only in CZs. And through that we have shaped a fantastic, helpful, refreshing gaming community (thanks Mobius, of course).

Even so, I would enjoy a round offriendly player duels. Not to show who has the biggest PA around but to experience the differences between shooting bots and outhinking real players.
And of course to hone one's fighting skills by actually learning from other players.

So this could be not just "pewpew" but guidance and discussion, that players can show others their tricks and tweaks, even when duelling each other.

What about a "Mobius Duelists arena" inside the Mobius Group, so inside a Combat Zone according to Mobius Groups rules, far enough away from the action, and close to Azrael?
I would suggest standard rules of engagement that take bigger ships into account. These rules are only suggestions, of course, and should only be valid until duelling players agree on others.

Most Honourable Duelling ("default" rules)
could be ...
    Players engage after contact and confirmation only.
    This ruleset is valid whenever no other ruleset has not been explicitely chosen.
    Combat ends whenever hull reaches 10%, or PowerPlant reaches 30%, or there is another danger of immediate destruction, or a player yields or fsd's out.
    Players can and should communicate about their tactics after or during the fight.
    Consider winging up of duellants for duels (as long as it is not a Wing vs. Wing combat).

All in Duels
    Players engage after contact and confirmation only.
    Recommended for small ship combat (Eagles, DBS, ...) which don't cost much insurance and are easy to pop once the shields are down
    Rules as the "honourable" set, yet until a player fsd's out, yields or is destroyed.

FSD out has to be yield for attacking after interdicting is not allowed in Mobius: you wouldn't drop in a CZ.
Alternatively, we could create a dedicated group for that (I would offer mine), but it seems easier to do it all along inside Mobius.
What do you think?

LionOfNarnia
Master
Master
CMDR: Lion Freeman

Re: Player Arena: Duel CZ club near Azrael

Postby LionOfNarnia » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:39 am

It's an interesting idea :)

Those of us who are considering 'lethal' PvP in defence of The Order might find it a valuable training exercise.

It would be no trouble to set up a dedicated 'duelling' channel within the current 'Supporters of Mobius' server on Discord, as in-game comms are presently sub-optimal, to say the least.

Perhaps it can be developed into our own 'Top Gun' school?
"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:48 am

I say we just get together on TS or something, and we don't have to use mobius group, anyone of us can start a group and we can temporarily hop into any and have at it :)

I have a group running on my nick, but I'm nowhere as reliable as Mobius, some days I don't log in at all.

I do know we have a fair few members who also engages in open pvp so someone should be around to give pointers and what not.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång

Postby uvelius » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:09 pm

LionOfNarnia wrote:It would be no trouble to set up a dedicated 'duelling' channel within the current 'Supporters of Mobius' server on Discord, as in-game comms are presently sub-optimal, to say the least.

Very good. Let's try!
I just find an in-mobius solution interesting since that could draw more CMDRs in for trying. So I still promote the idea of using a Mobius CZ, yet I absolutely like the channel idea. Will log in!

LionOfNarnia
Master
Master
CMDR: Lion Freeman

Postby LionOfNarnia » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:47 pm

uvelius wrote:
LionOfNarnia wrote:It would be no trouble to set up a dedicated 'duelling' channel within the current 'Supporters of Mobius' server on Discord, as in-game comms are presently sub-optimal, to say the least.

Very good. Let's try!
I just find an in-mobius solution interesting since that could draw more CMDRs in for trying. So I still promote the idea of using a Mobius CZ, yet I absolutely like the channel idea. Will log in!

One chat channel - for offering/arranging duels & setting rules

&

One voice channel - for Comms DURING arranged duels (like "OK, I Yield!")

Set up & ready to go :evil:
"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"

Return to “In Game Events”