Would you like to participate?

Poll ended at Mon May 25, 2015 3:50 am

Frack Ya!
35%
Sure, I'll chip in!
22%
Not sure yet...
15%
I'm gonna wait and see how Powerplay works first...
25%
Nah, not my style.
3%

Total votes: 95

Richard Nighthawk
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Richard Nighthawk
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Powerplay - Making Mobius in Azrael a Power

Postby Richard Nighthawk » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:59 pm

I would love to help but I am unwilling to help Empire aligned factions. If Mobius were to be an independent faction I would dedicate all my time to supporting the Mobius faction.
My loyalty lays (mainly) with the Federation and Shadow President Hudson.

Long live the Federation!

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:23 pm

Sign me up for the... 'Wait and see' club
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:36 am

It’s either disingenuous or naive to think that distaste for the empire is due solely to slavery, but slavery (not ‘bondsmen’ - do you buy and sell bondsmen by the ton?) is just an expression of a political construct: it’s the whole package that must be rejected.

Throughout history there is not one empire that has not been created and maintained without violent domination, without the idea that the dominant group is superior to the dominated. (There is one empire in India that is said to have been benign, but only after a great deal of bloodshed and a great deal of myth.) Slavery (and the much-abused bondsman system) can only exist within a culture that believes that people have only a monetary value, and is an inevitable product of a corrupt and corrupting system.
This is not to say that other systems are not corrupt - there will always be those who will seek advantage through exploitation - but it is tolerated less in some regimes.

But slavery is one of the key factors to take into consideration. The fact that slavery is still apparent today, albeit usually not legal, should be a source of shame for the whole planet. It’s part of the package of Empire that I find so abhorrent in RL that I can’t begin to think about contemplating supporting even in role play, and I believe that I am not a lone voice on this forum. There is a thread in General Discussion - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1926 - that questions the close relationship between the Mobius Group name and (I think) the Empire.

Boozeman
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Boozeman

Postby Boozeman » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:09 pm

Hi,

We have 7651 members on Mobius group. Why not ask the developers (Michael) "Please add Mobius Corp (or similar name) minor faction somewere independent system between the three major factions"

<evil grin>

:)

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:57 pm

Walter wrote:...There is a thread in General Discussion - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1926 - that questions the close relationship between the Mobius Group name and (I think) the Empire.

I don't feel that the group is particularly aligned to one faction, nor has a close relation to the Empire. I believe that it just happen to coincidentally have more people who post that have Empire leanings, but if one looks at the number of people in the group vs. the number of registered forum members vs. the number of regular posters, then for all we know there could be more Alliance folks in the group as a whole.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

MAKOstrifeX
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Greschalt [BFA]

Postby MAKOstrifeX » Sun May 03, 2015 1:28 am

I have no love for anyone but The Alliance. Feds arn't that bad I suppose. :) I will be in the ''wait and see'' group. If Mobius decides to be indifferent to the three current factions then I'm in :P

Peccavin
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Valar_Dohartis

Postby Peccavin » Tue May 12, 2015 10:53 pm

I´m in!! I´m hostile in FED space because failed a couple of missions and got scanned with slave cargo while on missions :shock: !
Because of this had to relocate and found a home in Empire space! I'm not a slave trader despite the fact that Imperial Slaves are different from "regular" slaves. I simply don't do slave missions only Imperial Slaves. I do regular trading and I love to bounty hunt in extraction sites. Now buying my ASP and upgrading it to bounty hunt. So in order for Mobius to be influential you can count me in to try and hunt down any trespassers on our space. And as my name in ED goes Valar_Dohartis (all men must serve) and then Valar Morghulis (all men must die).
The Winter is coming Commanders!

Fly safe

Peccavin
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Valar_Dohartis

Postby Peccavin » Wed May 13, 2015 11:31 pm

I checked out our new home and shipyard is very weak :( ?! Only 2 ships :shock: ! The best next thing is in NJIRI system (12.01Ly) at HELIN dock where they have 10 ships as follow :
-Sidewinder;
-Imperial Clipper;
-Python;
-Viper;
-Cobra MK III;
-Type-6 Transporter;
-Lakon Type-9 Heavy;
-Eagle;
-Hauler;
-Type-7 Transport.
It's a high tech system of course, and upgrades are plenty.
I'll have to look else where to buy my ASP.

Fly safe!

Whiteneck
Novice
Novice

Postby Whiteneck » Sun May 24, 2015 9:38 pm

I would be very interested in participating once 1.3 drops! Anything group based, that can possibly make economic/political impact in the game sounds like a blast!

Mulloa128
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Jenner Robson

Postby Mulloa128 » Tue May 26, 2015 2:02 am

Midshipman rank in Federation, but I'm not 'married' to it. I've moved my self to Rafferty's Mobius from Altair as of tonight and start building Empire rep until Powerplay comes out and then we'll see what we can do ;)

Return to “In Game Events”