Group events and appointments in Game
DeckardRunner
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Liet Kynes
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Beta2 Explorers

Postby DeckardRunner » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:29 am

In the light of the anticipated full reset for Beta 2.
Our exploration goals may be curtailed, I still intend on getting out there but obviously we will need to grind for a few days/weeks to get the readies for the Asp.

Once Beta 2 lands, we should be surveying a meet-up point for the exploration group just into the new expanse.

Any suggestions?
[url="http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=38362"]Image[/url]

Zarkon
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Zarkon

Re: Beta2 Explorers

Postby Zarkon » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:18 pm

Need to wait to see what part of the galaxy opens up. Will the new system be in the up direction? Out towards the edge of the galaxy maybe? I fairly sure it wont be towards Earth or the Imperial capital.

RogueZephyr
Expert
Expert
CMDR: ValTomiana

Postby RogueZephyr » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:21 am

DeckardRunner wrote:In the light of the anticipated full reset for Beta 2.
Our exploration goals may be curtailed, I still intend on getting out there but obviously we will need to grind for a few days/weeks to get the readies for the Asp.

Once Beta 2 lands, we should be surveying a meet-up point for the exploration group just into the new expanse.

Any suggestions?

Wouldn't a Cobra be sufficient? I seem to remember a fully equipped exploration cobra being one of the Kickstart pledge rewards.
-I fly the ocean black, and my little ship goes warp 10-
-Theres nothing that we lack (unless theres something we've forgotten)-

Brixmis
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Brixmis

Postby Brixmis » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:13 pm

I'd like to have a go at this.

My problem is that I have one sidewinder, one thousand credits, one hour's experience and no idea. :oops:

DeckardRunner
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Liet Kynes

Postby DeckardRunner » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:19 pm

May I suggest that once members obtain their 'ideal' explorer ship they post here.

Once we have enough then we can do "phase 1" of the exploration.

I'm only in a hauler atm so I have a way to go. I guess by Beta 3, we may still be gathering steam, hope there is no reset at B3. Otherwise its grind again... lol.
[url="http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=38362"]Image[/url]

Zarkon
Novice
Novice

Postby Zarkon » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:44 pm

I just bought a detail surface scanner for my sidewinder, and sold the loaner guns to get more jump range (8.02 now). Just scanned a lot of 'unknown' worlds for the first time. Anyone know how to sell the data? I'm not seeing an option to sell in the Cartography menu, nor anywhere else in the Station Services menu either.

I'm going to see how far I can get in my sidey before thinking of upgrading to a bigger ship. The sidewinder and the eagle are the only 2 ship I can take unobstructed screenshots thru the canopy, and I'm not a big fan of the eagle.

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby GlobusDiablo » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:59 pm

Zarkon wrote:I just bought a detail surface scanner for my sidewinder, and sold the loaner guns to get more jump range (8.02 now). Just scanned a lot of 'unknown' worlds for the first time. Anyone know how to sell the data? I'm not seeing an option to sell in the Cartography menu, nor anywhere else in the Station Services menu either.

I'm going to see how far I can get in my sidey before thinking of upgrading to a bigger ship. The sidewinder and the eagle are the only 2 ship I can take unobstructed screenshots thru the canopy, and I'm not a big fan of the eagle.

Just scroll down in the Cartography menu. :)

Zarkon
Novice
Novice

Postby Zarkon » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:01 pm

Awesome! Thanks Globus. I'll check it when I get back in. :D

[edit] Just sold the data at an outpost. 1 star, 5 planets and 2 moons, all icy except for one of the planets which had a high metal content. Only earned 1800 credits! I realize that everyone else has probably already scanned this system countless times, but that's not very much. I can't afford to put my trumbles through college on those profits!
:shock:

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:53 am

DeckardRunner wrote:May I suggest that once members obtain their 'ideal' explorer ship they post here.

Once we have enough then we can do "phase 1" of the exploration.

I'm only in a hauler atm so I have a way to go. I guess by Beta 3, we may still be gathering steam, hope there is no reset at B3. Otherwise its grind again... lol.

I'm in a Hauler too, and she took me about 60 light years from Eranin. But then there's a lot of empty systems, back there, and without a mean to grab fuel from stars or gaz giants, it's was getting tricky to move further (even though I improved her jump capacity). So I went back to Eranin, planning to make some money to improve my ride.

Ideally, I'd want a T6. Good range, good speed and maneuverability, and my favorite cockpit so far.
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Brixmis
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Brixmis

Postby Brixmis » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:40 pm

Zarkon wrote:[edit] Just sold the data at an outpost. 1 star, 5 planets and 2 moons, all icy except for one of the planets which had a high metal content. Only earned 1800 credits! I realize that everyone else has probably already scanned this system countless times, but that's not very much. I can't afford to put my trumbles through college on those profits!
:shock:

Wow! :shock: :shock:

I earned pretty much double that for just one star last night! 8-)

Return to “In Game Events”