Allied Factions - Mutual Cooperation Agreement

Diplomatic and public relations of the Order of Mobius faction in Elite: Dangerous
Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Allied Factions - Mutual Cooperation Agreement

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:40 pm

Xebeth wrote:Not sure, we are in Civil Unrest - this happens when there is a lot of illegal smuggling and/or killing of authority ships. What is not clear to me however is whether this is us smuggling for the OoM, other people smuggling and killing for other factions, or if it related to one of the other stations in the system.

You are probably safe running 'normal' missions.

Ok.....

I'll prob pop in and see if there's anything interesting to kill...........

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:12 pm

Xebeth wrote:Not sure, we are in Civil Unrest - this happens when there is a lot of illegal smuggling and/or killing of authority ships. What is not clear to me however is whether this is us smuggling for the OoM, other people smuggling and killing for other factions, or if it related to one of the other stations in the system.

You are probably safe running 'normal' missions.

A few points to add to this:

1 No matter what the ostensible moral stance of the commissioning factor, it will offer missions for assassination, smuggling slaves and other products, massacres, etc. Even if OoM was purer than the driven snow, approximately two-thirds of the missions it offers will be criminal. However, only a very small number will end up within the system: most of the dirty work takes place in neighbours' yards; but the results will affect the local faction table.

2 It doesn't matter which faction on which station offers the mission, mission results will affect the system faction status table.

3 As the security level of Azrael is minimum, the black market on Guth Dock will be an attractive sales point for smugglers or anyone picking up illicit cargo canisters.

4 It's extremely difficult to assess or predict the impact the actions of the exploiting Power have on the system; I've withdrawn from some systems because of this.

5 The wild swings aren't new, but can be dramatic. Here's a graph of the last 28 days showing faction status changes in one of the systems I watch:
6 The new bugs that are coming to light have led to at least two of the politically-based player groups to stop their activities as the results of their actions are unpredictable.
Cmdr Kharma wrote:Question.....Is it really worth me doing any missions at the mo?

Going by reports of many players in many systems, you wouldn't think so, but in a number of other systems I work in everything seems to be working the way it is supposed to.

You pays yer money and takes yer choice. You can always go and play with the newer and prettier toys that really work well (mostly well, sometimes, or so I'm told).
Wasn't it simpler when you were just out to make money to buy ships?

Edit: On a brighter note, a very nice man in Nigeria has just told me he wants to send me a debit card charged with $10M US. Can't turn a chance like that down - it's more than I earned in ED last night.

Rimsplitter
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Rimsplitter
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Rimsplitter » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:50 pm

We need a list of cooperating factions' home systems so we know where not to impinge. There are already some whacky names in ED so it's not always easy to tell player-created groups form FD-created groups. I previously had no idea that you could make bacon from cats but I definitely will from now on. I am never paying for bacon again!

As for the faction influence thing, I have been taking missions from the other factions and then abandoning them, selling any transport goods for my own profit. Muaha. Muahaha! Muahahahahahaha!
Pathfinder. Entrepeneur. Dangerous. Baron. Warrant Officer.

Mouse
Master
Master
CMDR: Baigs

Postby Mouse » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:10 pm

Rimsplitter wrote:We need a list of cooperating factions' home systems so we know where not to impinge. There are already some whacky names in ED so it's not always easy to tell player-created groups form FD-created groups. I previously had no idea that you could make bacon from cats but I definitely will from now on. I am never paying for bacon again!

As for the faction influence thing, I have been taking missions from the other factions and then abandoning them, selling any transport goods for my own profit. Muaha. Muahaha! Muahahahahahaha!

The best bacon comes from Cuebo Razorbacks, but since we are "cool Cats" and like it we try to share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y5VkTWUYmE
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:01 am

Rimsplitter wrote:We need a list of cooperating factions' home systems so we know where not to impinge....

Allied factions are free to list here, and include the name/station of their faction if they so wish.

The Bacon Cats are allied to OoM, so we should avoid doing anything that may undermine their influence in their system (perhaps Mouse or Julissa can identify their system if they wish).
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Mouse
Master
Master

Postby Mouse » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:11 am

Dantooine.. we are on Dantooine..

Couldn't resist.. :P We are in Priva
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

Tifu
Master
Master
CMDR: Tifu

Postby Tifu » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:21 am

Hi all, is there a good list of systems where OOM, Bacon Cats and other allied missions appear?

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:58 pm

Tifu wrote:Hi all, is there a good list of systems where OOM, Bacon Cats and other allied missions appear?

Can't speak for the other factions, but Order missions currently appear in Azrael and Exioce
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Mouse
Master
Master

Postby Mouse » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:43 pm

Bcats are in Priva but sadly weakening.. no matter what we do our Rep goes down *sigh*

Tifu
Master
Master
CMDR: Tifu

Postby Tifu » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:46 am

Mouse wrote:Bcats are in Priva but sadly weakening.. no matter what we do our Rep goes down *sigh*

I don't wish to speak out of turn being one of the most junior commanders but if the current ongoing war is won - surely there can be some kind of tactical accomodation to help out in some way? imho , the fact that Azrael isn't really that desirable a base worked out in OOM's favor in the end.

Return to “Diplomatic Affairs”