Imperial wing subset

Diplomatic and public relations of the Order of Mobius faction in Elite: Dangerous
smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Imperial wing subset

Postby smartroad » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:01 pm

Hi guys,

I need to get your opinion on something. On Inara I am running the Orders wing there and have been approached by another wing who wish to join (and disband their current wing). They operate under the Imperial flag and are aligned with them (and their business) but are willing to help with the Order of Mobius business.

As we will need people outside of the group to support us, as much as we need ourselves, would it fit with the Order to allow them to create a Flight team under the Order of Mobius wing?

(A wing on Inara can have a number of Flight Commanders who can run their own flight teams. So I can setup a new flight for them)

This would be a great opportunity to start flexing our diplomacy muscles...
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

Mobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Mobius
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Imperial wing subset

Postby Mobius » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:36 pm

yeah, more the merrier, and agreed it will be interesting to see how this all pans out.

Parinor
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Parinor

Postby Parinor » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:49 pm

Well, if they defect to the Order, then they shall be behave like members of it. As this faction is new, new members should be welcome. I shall apply myself ...

LionOfNarnia
Master
Master
CMDR: Lion Freeman

Postby LionOfNarnia » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:03 pm

We should give everyone who wants to help, the chance to help.
"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"

Y0URD34D
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Y0URD34D

Postby Y0URD34D » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:57 am

LionOfNarnia wrote:We should give everyone who wants to help, the chance to help.

I fully agree with Lion.

D34D

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:57 am

Hey guys, sorry been away for a few days, yes come one come all, let's build the largest faction in the game.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

smartroad
Master
Master

Postby smartroad » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:59 am

I have responded to them, but had no reply yet. I hope they weren't offended by me making sure first :(

uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång

Postby uvelius » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:23 am

I think to have Wing groups inside the Order would be very interesting.

We could gain different Wing Groups through this who might have opposing goals by themselves (for example, supporting Feds vs. Empire) but who have the chance to even cooperate when seeing the "bigger picture". The Order would be much more "everywhere" ... nice thought! Including all the family quarrels ("Look there come the Feds again! Of COURSE!" -- "Oh what a mess DID the Imps do there!") :evil:

I cannot speak for the Imperial Blood Serpents, since we didn't have done a final poll yet, but would like to see us ImBS as kind of a combat wing inside the Order!

smartroad
Master
Master

Postby smartroad » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:29 am

uvelius wrote:I think to have Wing groups inside the Order would be very interesting.

We could gain different Wing Groups through this who might have opposing goals by themselves (for example, supporting Feds vs. Empire) but who have the chance to even cooperate when seeing the "bigger picture". The Order would be much more "everywhere" ... nice thought! Including all the family quarrels ("Look there come the Feds again! Of COURSE!" -- "Oh what a mess DID the Imps do there!") :evil:

I cannot speak for the Imperial Blood Serpents, since we didn't have done a final poll yet, but would like to see us ImBS as kind of a combat wing inside the Order!

Exactly what I was thinking :) As within a wing you can setup Squadrons and Flights it makes it easy to have a 'wing in a wing'. :D

uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång

Postby uvelius » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:35 am

Maybe we can get Artie to even enable wing-dedicated discussions. That might be the only current problem there, as there is only one single Discussion thread.
And if he even enables Icons/labels for Wing subsets ... as far as it went up to now, he can be VERY quick with such changes.
But that would mean that he has to implement Wing subsets in the system.

Return to “Diplomatic Affairs”