Discussion about the Order of Mobius faction in Elite: Dangerous
mia389
Competent
Competent
CMDR: !Smokey
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Order Of Mobius For Newcomers

Postby mia389 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:31 pm

Always good to see new faces come help the OoM.

Just a little run down for our new guys

We have 6 systems at the moment. Two of them are higher population and with higher population its a bit harder to move the influences. They are Exioce and Njiri.

• Njiri is a high tech economy and great for outfitting. Helin Dock is the main station owned by OoM.
  • Exioce is a beautiful system and is a tourism economy. Its the best we have for bounty hunting as well. Any OoM bounties gathered there can be turned into any of our systems.
  • Azrael is our home system. Many of our CMDRs call Raffertys Mobius home but lately I know a few us have moved to Exioce because of better outfitting and great bounty hunting. We also own Extra Refinery here. Both stations are 399ls from main star. Azrael is an extraction economy.
  • Cardea is a small system and easy to move influence. Here we own the main station Tygerlill Pleasedome. Population is 750,000 compared to Njiri's 17.2 million. Economy is Agriculture.
  • Apathaam is another system we own and its population is close to Azraels at 3.5 million. Apathaam has only one station called Reamy Dock. Economy is Industrial.
  • NLTT 10055 is a small system we have just expanded into. It only has two outpost stations. There is no large landing pads in this system. There is another player faction (Lavignys Legion) that also lives in this system. We have a friendly arrangement with them.

When its time to build influence we have a few options depending on the state we are in. All states are global to all of our systems except war and election states. Here is some ways to build influence.

1. Turn in exploration data to any station we own. Example- Turn in cartography data to Helin Dock in Njiri will help Njiris influence.
2. Turn in bounties for OoM. Go to Exioce and bounty hunt in any res ring and turn bounties into any system we are present in and it will help our influence in that system.
3. Do missions for OoM. When doing missions watch the + signs by the mission. The more +s the better it will help your influence.
4. Do passenger missions for OoM. When doing passenger missions you need to watch where you are taking them as well. It could impact influence in the system you are taking it to as well. Check my signature link about passenger missions. The +++inf missions seem to work pretty good.
5. Trading. Any commodity you sell to our stations, it will help influence. The more profit, the better for influence. This excludes mining. Mining does not count towards influence.

When in war or civil war only Combat bounds and bounty hunting will help influence.

Lastly, you can get the most up to date information on our systems by checking the forums here or our discord channel for OoM.

Hope this helps guys and welcome aboard! o7

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Order Of Mobius For Newcomers

Postby JohnLuke » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:11 pm

Great information, Smokey!

<<pinned>>
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Wiggins MK
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Wiggins MK

Postby Wiggins MK » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:26 am

mia389 wrote:Always good to see new faces come help the OoM.

Just a little run down for our new guys

We have 6 systems at the moment. Two of them are higher population and with higher population its a bit harder to move the influences. They are Exioce and Njiri.

• Njiri is a high tech economy and great for outfitting. Helin Dock is the main station owned by OoM.
  • Exioce is a beautiful system and is a tourism economy. Its the best we have for bounty hunting as well. Any OoM bounties gathered there can be turned into any of our systems.
  • Azrael is our home system. Many of our CMDRs call Raffertys Mobius home but lately I know a few us have moved to Exioce because of better outfitting and great bounty hunting. We also own Extra Refinery here. Both stations are 399ls from main star. Azrael is an extraction economy.
  • Cardea is a small system and easy to move influence. Here we own the main station Tygerlill Pleasedome. Population is 750,000 compared to Njiri's 17.2 million. Economy is Agriculture.
  • Apathaam is another system we own and its population is close to Azraels at 3.5 million. Apathaam has only one station called Reamy Dock. Economy is Industrial.
  • NLTT 10055 is a small system we have just expanded into. It only has two outpost stations. There is no large landing pads in this system. There is another player faction (Lavignys Legion) that also lives in this system. We have a friendly arrangement with them.

When its time to build influence we have a few options depending on the state we are in. All states are global to all of our systems except war and election states. Here is some ways to build influence.

1. Turn in exploration data to any station we own. Example- Turn in cartography data to Helin Dock in Njiri will help Njiris influence.
2. Turn in bounties for OoM. Go to Exioce and bounty hunt in any res ring and turn bounties into any system we are present in and it will help our influence in that system.
3. Do missions for OoM. When doing missions watch the + signs by the mission. The more +s the better it will help your influence.
4. Do passenger missions for OoM. When doing passenger missions you need to watch where you are taking them as well. It could impact influence in the system you are taking it to as well. Check my signature link about passenger missions. The +++inf missions seem to work pretty good.
5. Trading. Any commodity you sell to our stations, it will help influence. The more profit, the better for influence. This excludes mining. Mining does not count towards influence.

When in war or civil war only Combat bounds and bounty hunting will help influence.

Lastly, you can get the most up to date information on our systems by checking the forums here or our discord channel for OoM.

Hope this helps guys and welcome aboard! o7

Greetings CMDRs. I am new here, and a little confused. Can I do all the above mentioned in the Mobius PVE group, or do I have to join the Mobius Factions group?

o7

Saberius
Admin
Admin
CMDR: SABERIUS

Postby Saberius » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:38 am

Wiggins MK wrote:
Greetings CMDRs. I am new here, and a little confused. Can I do all the above mentioned in the Mobius PVE group, or do I have to join the Mobius Factions group?

o7

You can do any of the actions in any of the groups, on any of the platforms. (you could also do them in solo or open, but where's the fun in that?)
You can also join FACTIONS if you wish, you may have a better chance at meeting international Mobius Community players also in FACTIONS.

Edddelos
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Edddelos
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Postby Edddelos » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:33 pm

New to Game and this group. I am a heavy goods trader light fighter (not so good at it, (keep getting my butte kicked). Online constanly, Will try my best for common good of our territory. Feel free to shout at me in-game. See you in the stars.

Echo32
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Echo32

Postby Echo32 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:22 pm

See you out there Commander!

Anomen
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Anomen

Postby Anomen » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:22 am

New to the group, I will do my part to help out when possible. Thanks for the great info, just made it into Azrael tonight. Feel free to reach out if you have any tips or advice.

Anomen

Echo32
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Echo32

Postby Echo32 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:56 am

Hi Anomen, if you use discord on your pc or smartphone app, you’ll find the invite to the Mobius section at the very top of the screen. The Order of Mobius has it’s own section there which you may find useful.

Zafferg
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Zafferg

Postby Zafferg » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:16 pm

So I'm a little confused about how this all works?

How does mobius actually exist within the ED game in actuality? Is it that we are all 'make-belive' that our actions are doing something (which is fine) or does frontier allow groups of players to come forward with their own name and somehow register that they now actually exist in game (such as npc groups that seem to control certain areas such sirius or ant-hill mob?)

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:31 pm

Zafferg wrote:So I'm a little confused about how this all works?

How does mobius actually exist within the ED game in actuality? Is it that we are all 'make-belive' that our actions are doing something (which is fine) or does frontier allow groups of players to come forward with their own name and somehow register that they now actually exist in game (such as npc groups that seem to control certain areas such sirius or ant-hill mob?)

The Order of Mobius exists in the game, its home system is Azrael, and it controls a number of adjacent systems, if you go to one of it's systems you will see missions offered by The Order, see its ships in the area, etc...

Frontier have a process by which player groups can ask for their faction to be put into the game (if they meet a number of criteria), The Order of Mobius was one of the first to appear.

The faction then works as any faction does, with its influence rising and falling based on the actions of players. The daily orders are to coordinate the actions, concentrating on systems that need bolstering, helping expansions, fighting wars, etc, etc...

It's all wrapped up in the Back Ground Simulation (BGS) which is driven by player actions.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Return to “General Assembly”