Discussion about the Order of Mobius faction in Elite: Dangerous
DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Civil War in Azrael

Postby DarkMere » Thu May 04, 2017 9:43 pm

Someone in a Python, in the low CZ in Azrael offered to let me wing, I was just reading the invitation when the ship went back into low wake, and no I do not know how that happened except that I had to press the button more than once to drop out of it.

Anyway, if that was 'you' I was not ignoring you :) but when I got back to the CZ you had gone.

Taking about joining someone's wing, what do I expect when I agree? How does that affect things? Do I get my targets selected for me? Thanks

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Thu May 04, 2017 10:35 pm

DarkMere wrote:Taking about joining someone's wing, what do I expect when I agree? How does that affect things? Do I get my targets selected for me? Thanks

When you are in a wing, you will both receive the bounty/combat bonds for any ships that you both (or all, in the case of wings of 3-4) fire on and destroy. Typically, it's best to focus on the same targets and kill them together as a team.

Your targets will not be selected for you. The best way to select your wingman's target is to setup a few simple hotkeys.

I use F1-F3 for "select wingman" and F4 for 'wingman's target'. When winged up, you'll need to hit your hotkey for the wingman first, then your hotkey for his target, even if you only have one wingman. Having this setup in your bindings will make you a more successful wingman. :)

This screenshot shows you what your screen will look like when you are in a wing (but your HUD colors are probably different).

The two icons at the top center of the screen (in this case, Cyberofh and Varn Draal) shows rings for my wingmen's shield condition, and hull condition below that. Below their commander names shows the ship that they have targeted. In a CZ, it will just show generic navy names, so that's why it's important to setup the hotkeys mentioned above. Otherwise, it's hard to know which opposing NPC your wingman has selected to kill.

I hope that helps a little.

I should be logging into the game in about an hour, and bringing the Vette to Azrael if anyone (of any combat skill level ) would like to wing up. :evil:
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere

Postby DarkMere » Fri May 05, 2017 4:03 am

Thank you JohnLuke. I am looking forwards to giving that a go.

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Cometborne » Fri May 05, 2017 6:07 am

According to my contact history, that was probably me. I tend to throw out a wing invite, but if there is no answer, I assume that either instancing is screwed up or the other person is not interested. In that case, I immediately re-instance to avoid the whole kill-steal drama thing.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

Ramius
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: KPTRamius

Postby Ramius » Fri May 05, 2017 1:14 pm

I was In CZ last night but It wasn't me as I don't no much about wings but are happy to learn, Just checked my key bindings so I know where they are as I normally rely on Astra.
Thanks for the tip JohnLuke and I will keep my eyes open Tonight

Cometborne
Master
Master

Postby Cometborne » Fri May 05, 2017 7:29 pm

We are now leading 58% to 0% against Azrael Patron's Principles, and pickings in the low CZ at least are getting slim. What annoys me is that the missions on offer from OoM are all of the "help the cooperative by delivering" type with small influence increase, while our opponents offer lots of civil war missions with large influence increase. :x

Cometborne
Master
Master

Postby Cometborne » Fri May 05, 2017 8:27 pm

PARTY!

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Fri May 05, 2017 8:35 pm

Really well done everyone, an historic day!
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Fri May 05, 2017 8:42 pm

Whoot Whoot!! :D :D :D
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

pargyrak
Master
Master
CMDR: pargyrak

Postby pargyrak » Fri May 05, 2017 8:50 pm

Well the low CZ was quite busy today. 3M in an hour or so. Winged up with Cmdrs erazor and hull chap. Good fun

Even my rookie AI made it to Expert! I am proud of her although she burned through 8 Taipans in an hour...

At least we took control of all the stations at home. Now to take over Njiri!
Order of Mobius Council
Friends call me pargy

Return to “General Assembly”