Discussion about the Order of Mobius faction in Elite: Dangerous
Judson
Master
Master
CMDR: Judson
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Civil War in Azrael

Postby Judson » Tue May 02, 2017 4:50 pm

Civil War declared in Azrael. If it goes as per usual, cz's won't show for several hours. Anyone finding a cz in Azrael please report its position on this thread. ö7

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Civil War in Azrael

Postby Cometborne » Tue May 02, 2017 7:56 pm

Time, game mode and the planet the CZ is at are normally enough. However, there have been several cases of bugged combat zones without anybody fighting in the recent past, so it is better to enter the CZ to check if there is fighting, and who is fighting there.

This is double important right now because there are currently two conflicts in the system, a civil war between the Order of Mobius and Azrael Patron's Principles, and a war between Apathaam Patron's Principles and Epislon Hydri Commodities.

That being said, ss of 19:36 game time today in Mobius: One high CZ at Azrael 1, two high and one low CZ at Azrael 2, one high CZ at Azrael 5. All are Apathaam Patron's Principles fighting Epislon Hydri Commodities.

This is not the war we are looking for :(
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

Cometborne
Master
Master

Postby Cometborne » Tue May 02, 2017 8:26 pm

Update as of 20:23 game time: In my own PG, there is one low intensity CZ off Rafferty's, and this one is the right war. First blood :evil:

DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere

Postby DarkMere » Tue May 02, 2017 9:59 pm

I feel left out now, I can't find that low intensity CZ, I can only find the same ones I found earlier, the same ones you mentioned in your first post on this thread. I am all dressed up with no where to go :)

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Tue May 02, 2017 10:26 pm

DarkMere wrote:I feel left out now, I can't find that low intensity CZ, I can only find the same ones I found earlier, the same ones you mentioned in your first post on this thread. I am all dressed up with no where to go :)

Quite often on the first day of war, the CZ's won't populate in large private groups such as Mobius. You may have better luck finding the CZ's in solo, your own private group, or Open. After the first 24 hours or so the CZ's should show up in all of the Mobius PG's.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Macklroy
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Macklroy

Postby Macklroy » Wed May 03, 2017 3:54 am

Tonight there was a High Intensity CZ for the OOM war near Azrael 3. Smokey and I cleaned house for a couple hours. Will need all hands on deck to secure the homeland!
o7 cmdrs

DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere

Postby DarkMere » Wed May 03, 2017 6:53 am

Ok all is good, had my fill after three hours this morning, but ready for more later :evil:

Wish I knew what keeps taking my little FAS shields from 100% to zero in 10 seconds, as I only pick on Vultures or less (I'm a coward). I always get away so I am not losing my ship, but times when I am paying more in repairs than I am making credits by killing.

I did say in another thread that combat was not my forte :roll:

Cometborne
Master
Master

Postby Cometborne » Wed May 03, 2017 7:54 am

The various federal laundry irons (FGS, FDS, FAS) are notorious for having relatively weak shields but very strong hulls. Shield boosters help, engineering helps more. There are two main schools of though on shield and shield booster engineering for PVE:
  • MJ tanking with a reinforced shield generator and heavy duty shield boosters
  • resistance tanking with a thermal resistance shield generator, one shield booster kinetic resistance, one shield booster thermal resistant, and filling up with resistance augmented shield boosters

MJ tanking results in high MJ numbers but each hit takes a lot of energy out of the shield. The infamous shield booster nerf wanted to reduce the effectiveness of heavy duty shield boosters, and the exquisite focus crystals needed for grade 5 heavy duty shield boosters are bugged again.

Resistance tanking is all about shield effectiveness. Put a thermal resistance mod on the generator, kinetic resistance on the first booster, thermal resistance on the second booster, and resistance augmented on all other boosters. Your raw shield strength is lower than with a MJ tank, but due to the increased resistance, your effective shield strength is comparable. And you do not need the exquisite focus crystals.

Since I was away in the void for most of 2.1 and 2.2, I only started engineering when the devs had implemented the shield booster nerf in beta (it did not make it into live) and EFC were bugged, so I went for a resistance tank: Smuggler's Blues was the result, and it serves me well in a low CZ as long as I keep four pips to shields and make sure I do not draw aggro from everybody. Yes, my absolute shield strength is only about 700 MJ, but due to the resistances, my effective strength is about 2500 MJ. My only weak spot are PAs because they deal absolute damage, but that's what lateral thrusters are for.

PS:
DarkMere wrote:as I only pick on Vultures or less (I'm a coward).

Your job is not to loose your ship for your faction, but to make sure the other guy looses his ship for his faction :D

pargyrak
Master
Master
CMDR: pargyrak

Postby pargyrak » Wed May 03, 2017 9:12 am

For the moment I keep the Heavy Duty Shield Boosters on my Vette, although I have in stock 12 Resistance Augmented and 12 Thermal Resistance Shield Boosters in case FD decides to apply the changes they beta tested

Here is the setup although now I have Prismatic G5 modded shields that take the total shield MJs to 6600+
Dark Sun

Hope to wing up with some other commanders on Mobius Factions group
Order of Mobius Council
Friends call me pargy

Ramius
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: KPTRamius

Postby Ramius » Wed May 03, 2017 2:07 pm

I need to get involved for a change but I'm not very good at Combat I'm doing CG at Sitakapa In my Python at the Mo and have an Engineered Vette and Cutter parked In SOL and I'll make my way to Azrael later today, looking forward to meeting up.

Return to “General Assembly”