Discussion about the Order of Mobius faction in Elite: Dangerous
fenrock
Competent
Competent
CMDR: fenrock
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: OOM Ship Prefix

Postby fenrock » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:36 pm

I can't believe noone has suggested "OMG" for Order of Mobius Group (as there are so many private groups now).

"OMG Fenrock" - it's what pirates say when they see me.

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:45 pm

fenrock wrote:I can't believe noone has suggested "OMG" for Order of Mobius Group (as there are so many private groups now).

"OMG Fenrock" - it's what pirates say when they see me.

I thought it was "Ermahgerd" :D :lol:

Hardcover
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Hardcover

Postby Hardcover » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:02 am

Capricos
Novice
Novice

Postby Capricos » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:06 am

It's been decided. OMS. Order of Mobius Ship. I really don't understand why anyone would want to make it more complicated by adding what the ship's purpose is. I have no clue who the Knights of Mobius are.
The minor faction in the game is The Order of Mobius. Not the Mobius Group. Knights of Mobius or anything else. The name of the faction in Azrael, Njiri, Cardea, etc. is The Order of Mobius. OMS - Order of Mobius Ship. Like... USS - United States Ship. HMS - Her Majesty's Ship. All this crap you's want to add about the ships purpose goes in the ID. Like OMS "Ship Name" and THEN add all those identifiers in the ID plate MC, MF, ME - ####.
You folks are confusing and combining things.
Your ships name will have OMS "Name." Your ship ID will have all that other crap in its designation before a number.
OMS. I don't understand why this is still being debated.

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:29 am

Capricos wrote:It's been decided. OMS. Order of Mobius Ship. I really don't understand why anyone would want to make it more complicated by adding what the ship's purpose is. I have no clue who the Knights of Mobius are.
The minor faction in the game is The Order of Mobius. Not the Mobius Group. Knights of Mobius or anything else. The name of the faction in Azrael, Njiri, Cardea, etc. is The Order of Mobius. OMS - Order of Mobius Ship. Like... USS - United States Ship. HMS - Her Majesty's Ship. All this crap you's want to add about the ships purpose goes in the ID. Like OMS "Ship Name" and THEN add all those identifiers in the ID plate MC, MF, ME - ####.
Your ships name will have OMS "Name." Your ship ID will have all that other crap in its designation before a number.

DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby DarkMere » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:36 am

RD-83 wrote:
Capricos wrote:It's been decided. OMS. Order of Mobius Ship. I really don't understand why anyone would want to make it more complicated by adding what the ship's purpose is. I have no clue who the Knights of Mobius are.

:)

Sinvious
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Sinvious

Postby Sinvious » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:39 pm

RD-83 wrote:

I laughed waaaay too hard at this :lol:

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:13 pm

RD-83 wrote:

:)

Commanders are welcome to call their ships what ever they like, and use what ever Order designation they so choose.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Capricos
Novice
Novice

Postby Capricos » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:06 pm

Okay. So, Commanders are certainly welcome to call their ships whatever they like (where did that come from?). And, what was the purpose of this poll and discussion if everyone is going to use whatever Mobius designation they want anyway?
If you want uniformity... the vote would seem to be for OMS, Order of Mobius Ship. As, in the game, in Open, every Mobius Group, Solo, etc. we are, in-game, The Order of Mobius.
And, as what pretty much every navy I've ever known uses... OMS "Ship Name," and then all the identifiers, such as combat, exploration, etc., are in the ID.
So, I'm more than aware people can do whatever they want. However, again, my question would be why bother with the poll and discussion if nobody is going to adhere to it anyway?

Lanceor
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Lanceor

Postby Lanceor » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:43 pm

Capricos wrote:Okay. So, Commanders are certainly welcome to call their ships whatever they like (where did that come from?). And, what was the purpose of this poll and discussion if everyone is going to use whatever Mobius designation they want anyway?
If you want uniformity... the vote would seem to be for OMS, Order of Mobius Ship. As, in the game, in Open, every Mobius Group, Solo, etc. we are, in-game, The Order of Mobius.
And, as what pretty much every navy I've ever known uses... OMS "Ship Name," and then all the identifiers, such as combat, exploration, etc., are in the ID.
So, I'm more than aware people can do whatever they want. However, again, my question would be why bother with the poll and discussion if nobody is going to adhere to it anyway?

It's an opinion poll and not an order. I wanted to see if we the majority of players were interested in adopting a certain prefix without having it forced on them.

As it turns out, there were many varied opinions on what the prefix should be. Since no consensus was reached, we've all gone and done our own thing.
Very little game time, but often chatting at work.

Return to “General Assembly”