Discussion about the Order of Mobius faction in Elite: Dangerous
Jeffers2112
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Jasper Randall
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

OOM frustration

Postby Jeffers2112 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:32 pm

I've been trying to do stuff to improve my status with the Order, as my status was still neutral and most missions needed cordial.
So I finally get myself to cordial, and guess what, the only missions available now want "friendly!"
I'm about ready my give up trying to help and go back to Jameson, at least the Pilot's Federation are happy to see me.....

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: OOM frustration

Postby TorTorden » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:35 pm

Welcome to Elite.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Hawk862
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Hawk862

Postby Hawk862 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:31 am

Bounty hunt if there is any half decent place to do it, when I was bounty tinting in my various systems I tended to get allied status with the major factions in a system in a couple of hours, especially with a kill warrant scanner. I would probably go as far as to say its the fastest method, although feel free to correct me if there is a faster way.

Oh and it brings in some decent moneys while your at it

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:29 am

Yep, bounty hunt to raise status. I've found the high res at the outer most planet to be unbelievabley productive.
Also you could sell to Rafferties. Use EDDB to find out what's giving the best price.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:17 pm

I certainly got most of my rep from bounty hunting, you can hunt in any of the systems that have the Order present just hand in your bounties at Rafferty's, you can also hand in Empire bounties at Rafferty's.

As RD-83 trading also helps, as does handing in exploration data.

I usually find Order missions to be very poor in Azrael and tend to have better luck in our other systems (just don't do them in Njiri).
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

The-Dead-Meat
Novice
Novice
CMDR: The-Dead-Meat

Postby The-Dead-Meat » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:21 am

Hawk862 wrote:Bounty hunt

This works for me.

Schmobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Schmobius

Postby Schmobius » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:27 am

RD-83 wrote:Yep, bounty hunt to raise status. I've found the high res at the outer most planet to be unbelievabley productive.
Also you could sell to Rafferties. Use EDDB to find out what's giving the best price.

DO NOT SELL THERE.

That actually hurts the faction. (Drains their money, I guess?)

Buying helps though. Do missions, do passenger missions, bounty hunt (killing any wanted ship helps the faction's influence, though killing wanted OOM may hurt your personal standing with them, though you'd have to kill a LOT of them to notice a big change), fight for The Order of Mobius in conflict zones, and turn in exploration data at Rafferty's Mobius. Do these things, and you will gain rep with them.

Early Bird
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Earl B.

Postby Early Bird » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:14 pm

Schmobius wrote:
RD-83 wrote:Yep, bounty hunt to raise status. I've found the high res at the outer most planet to be unbelievabley productive.

DO NOT SELL THERE.

That actually hurts the faction. (Drains their money, I guess?)

Buying helps though. Do missions, do passenger missions, bounty hunt (killing any wanted ship helps the faction's influence, though killing wanted OOM may hurt your personal standing with them, though you'd have to kill a LOT of them to notice a big change), fight for The Order of Mobius in conflict zones, and turn in exploration data at Rafferty's Mobius. Do these things, and you will gain rep with them.

Sorry: this is not true. As you can see at General News and Orders viewtopic.php?f=61&t=3478#p39126
"Traders should only sell at a profit at Rafferty's Mobius, Reamy Dock, or Utkin Palace. Feel free to sell at a loss to any of the opposition's stations."

Selling at a profit is always good for your reputation

Return to “General Assembly”