Discussion about the Order of Mobius faction in Elite: Dangerous
pargyrak
Master
Master
CMDR: pargyrak
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Cardea Do we want it?

Postby pargyrak » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:10 pm

So what to do. Leave Cardea and concetrate on Azrael?
Order of Mobius Council
Friends call me pargy

Masark
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Masark

Postby Masark » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:21 pm

RD-83 wrote:I've just noticed the drop myself. Wonder whats caused that in such a short space of time.

I suspect it's SDC, 13th Legion, or both.

The former don't like us as our group allows people to play the game without having to put up with their griefing.

The latter started a vendetta against us back in July because our group allows people to participate in CGs (particularly Federation ones) without 13th being able to form a blockade and attack them.

It's time for a direct campaign to remove the two groups known an Mobius. They are directly influencing the BGS and minor factions in PvP that they themselves say that is not allowed. This is directly affecting the Open community as a whole and we must start demanding that Frontier fix this immediately.

There should not be any CG's in Private whatsoever. I understand the need to keep the "Solo" aspect open as when this game eventually dies and Frontier releases their server software, we must have the ability to keep playing the game when they take their servers offline. It is at this time, inevitable that this will eventually happen. Not today, not next year, but in the next five to ten this will occur.

I, CMDR DarkZeno, Legate of the 13th Legion, hereby cast my vote to have Mobius and Mobius PVE banned from the game and dissolved completely. I also vote to have at this time, all private groups removed from the gameplay itself or banned from all future CG events.

Since Frontier clearly has no interest in banning us and probably losing a considerable fraction of our 30k members, they take their anger out on our faction.

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:24 pm

Masark wrote:It seems the anti-Mobius people haven't lost interest in us and are active in this war.

I thought that. Maybe people are fighting against us in open but them I dismissed it.
I thought they wouldn't know what we are actively fighting for/against but after logging out and checking the board, everyone can see the Mobius sub forums. Maybe we should make all of those hidden to none members. Can't hurt.

Masark
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Masark

Postby Masark » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:27 pm

pargyrak wrote:So what to do. Leave Cardea and concetrate on Azrael?

Until this war ends, we can't do anything in Azrael. No actions other than fighting in the CZs (and missions sending you to fight in the CZs) has any effect on our influence level anywhere.

And there's not anything we can do to end the war sooner, as wars have a minimum length of 3 days.

pargyrak
Master
Master

Postby pargyrak » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:32 pm

I will not be able to play till next friday so I am going to fight in the low CZ for a while tonoght. See you there!
Order of Mobius Council
Friends call me pargy

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:07 pm

This whole BGS thing is completely fucked up.

Because of the constant wars in Exioce we decide to leave, many Commanders went against their instincts and fought against the Order, the system declared that the retreat was successful yet we are still there.

Every time there is a war we loose massive amounts of influence in our other systems and can do nothing about it, WTF, how does that even work? What is the point of such a system?
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

pargyrak
Master
Master

Postby pargyrak » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:38 pm

Went on a killing spree and took out a lot of ships. Now reloading and waiting for shields to recharge.

Took a mission to kill 108 ships... Let's see if I will make it

Edit... Done :)
Order of Mobius Council
Friends call me pargy

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:12 pm

Xebeth wrote:This whole BGS thing is completely fucked up.

Because of the constant wars in Exioce we decide to leave, many Commanders went against their instincts and fought against the Order, the system declared that the retreat was successful yet we are still there.

Every time there is a war we loose massive amounts of influence in our other systems and can do nothing about it, WTF, how does that even work? What is the point of such a system?

The point of the BGS is to present a superficial feeling of a changing galaxy, and beyond having a player notice that, say a station changed controlling faction since he popped in last week are unintended.

Again it pretty much just proves that FD and their game designers has less than zero clue as to how large groups play online games.

In so the very addition of player factions as has happened was honestly just a very bad idea. Based on a populist/PR reaction to players tinkering with a mechanic they hardly understand themselves. (Seriously I suspect players know more about the BGS than FD does at this point)

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:41 pm

Missions are broken,
Passenger missions are broken,
White dwarf's are broken,
The BGS is broken,
Crime and punishment is broken

Does anything work in this game? :lol: :lol:

Maybe instead of releasing more content in the next update, they should just fix everything! :D

Judson
Master
Master
CMDR: Judson
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Judson » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:53 pm

Copying my facebook rant here for those who don't use fb. Time for me to step away!

So pi$$ed off with elite right now! The social aspect of the game has been lacking from the start by not allowing proper alliances as in other games but I thought it would get better when they brought in player factions; gave a purpose to the game other than just self serving promotion and gratuitous pew pew! Now that is fuked up by the way the BGS doesn't work as it should. A war in one system should not screw things up in other systems that the faction has presence in, its frustrating at best and takes away all hope to keep your faction where you want it to be. Enemies running amok in our locked down systems give them some satisfaction I suppose but FD just may as well take away factions for what they are worth and hence any reason for play at all! Rant over!!

Return to “General Assembly”