OoM No Longer The Controlling Faction At Extra Refinery?

Discussion about the Order of Mobius faction in Elite: Dangerous
CMDR Allbright
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: John Allbright
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

OoM No Longer The Controlling Faction At Extra Refinery?

Postby CMDR Allbright » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:38 pm

My ship has been parked at Extra Refinery in Azrael for about a week now ( had a bad cold, didn't feel like playing). I was running missions for The Order before that. So I fire up the game today to discover this

I was a bit shocked to find out that The Order is no longer controlling this station. :shock: Is this no cause for alarm or is something going on? I haven't checked the rest of the system yet.
Everyone should have their mind blown once a day. -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: OoM No Longer The Controlling Faction At Extra Refinery?

Postby Xebeth » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:07 pm

The Order has never controlled Extra Refinery, we have only ever had control of Rafferty's Mobius, which as the largest station in the system means we also control the system.

There was some talk a long time ago about going after Extra, but it would mean dropping our influence too much to trigger the civil war and was therefore scrubbed as an idea.

So, no, no cause for alarm, all is as it should be.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby smartroad » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:15 am

Xebeth wrote:
There was some talk a long time ago about going after Extra, but it would mean dropping our influence too much to trigger the civil war and was therefore scrubbed as an idea.

Which is the downside of the BGS, it makes no sense to me that the dominant party in a system would have to drop influence because they want to take over the other bases. It's lime saying Microsoft has to reduce its turnover down to the level of the a small one man band because they want to buy it out lol

One though I had is that when you get enough influence in the system there is a small chance (say 10%) that rather than moving outside the system, that they lay stake to something inside the system. The % needed to take the station could be higher than a normal takeover (because the small faction would be the underdog and engage in things like gorilla warfare or terrorist activities or just be plain tenacious! And it would make it harder for the system to end up being just controlled by one faction).

Also if there is nowhere to expand into the system could start construction of a new station/outpost/port depending on wealth of the faction (again a small chance of it happening). The BGS could also generate a community goal to help fund the construction of the new base. Again the levels could also determine what type of base and what features it would get (refuel, rearm, shipyard, outfitting etc).
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

CMDR Allbright
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: John Allbright

Postby CMDR Allbright » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:35 pm

My apologies. I was under the impression that OoM was the controlling faction there. Must have been delirious. :P
Everyone should have their mind blown once a day. -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:58 pm

CMDR Allbright wrote:Must have been delirious. :P

It's the space sickness.... gets us all

Return to “General Assembly”