Falcon_D
Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Expanding into the new bubble

Postby Falcon_D » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:02 am

Hello,
Haven't seen it posted anywhere in the Mobius forums, but seen it on the other one.
Apparently Sandro has sent a message to all the group leaders asking if their player group would be interested in expanding into the new bubble around Jacques.
So my question is, would The Order of Mobius be interested in expanding into the new bubble?

For me I don't really think expanding into the new bubble would do anything for The Order. Currently, it seems that we come together primarily if Azrael is threatened. Or if we want to take over a nearby system which would go some way to prevent Azrael being threatened. So I don't really see myself flying across the galaxy to defend another outpost.

Thoughts?

Have fun, fly safe. o7

Darr Valen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darr Valen
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Expanding into the new bubble

Postby Darr Valen » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:19 am

I'd make a trip out to the bubble to deliver scrumptious eyeholes to the poor souls stuck in the bright core, if OOM had a station there. Besides, we need to expand out to the core. It's better than staying in frakkin' darkspace (current bubble). Anyone that's been out to Jaques will understand how bad our current bubble sucks compared to the inner-arm core region. Scoopable stars at every turn, and so many planets to be had. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I'd leave the bubble for good if I was a human in E:D era space. I hope the thargoids come in and wreck the bubble and force us all out, Quarian style, into the deep core.

smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)

Postby smartroad » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:45 am

From a lore point of view it would make sense for us to do it. But from a logistical viewpoint it would be a nightmare. We would need CMDR's to stay out there to work with The Order and maintain it. I am currently there but do plan to return soon'ish, just when I can face a month or two of constant jumping!

The Order is about bringing people together and to be in the new frontier helping that happen would fit really well with the ethos.

That said I would stay out here if we got a presence and help nurture it. Once ship transfers are a thing I would be happy to get a few of my other ships out here to assist! We need a nice planet to work out of though :) I may start prospecting!
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:14 am

smartroad wrote:I would stay out here if we got a presence and help nurture it. Once ship transfers are a thing I would be happy to get a few of my other ships out here to assist! We need a nice planet to work out of though :) I may start prospecting!

At the moment there's not that much else to do: there's prospecting, exploration and a few naughty NPCs to cause trouble. I did drive to the top of the tallest mountain the other day - that was an experience.

For Mobius players thinking of coming out here - there is a highly organised militia force created to deter gankers, so even flying in Open carries very few dangers. Anybody who is worried usually comes into Jaques in Solo to protect their exploration data. The explorers tend use the FleetCom group, which has similar principles to Mobius. Anybody else seems to comfortably use Open.

If OoM came out, flying in Mobius would separate players from the growing community.
Last edited by Walter on Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)

Postby smartroad » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:16 am

Walter wrote:
smartroad wrote: did drive to the top of the tallest mountain the other day - that was an experience.

Ooo wheres that?! :D (Can I land my conda on it? LOL)
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*

Postby *Al* » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:28 am

Darr Valen wrote:I'd make a trip out to the bubble to deliver scrumptious eyeholes to the poor souls stuck in the bright core, if OOM had a station there. Besides, we need to expand out to the core. It's better than staying in frakkin' darkspace (current bubble). Anyone that's been out to Jaques will understand how bad our current bubble sucks compared to the inner-arm core region. Scoopable stars at every turn, and so many planets to be had. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I'd leave the bubble for good if I was a human in E:D era space. I hope the thargoids come in and wreck the bubble and force us all out, Quarian style, into the deep core.

Two parts:

I note we are at 27k membership and growing at a rate;
As those of you I meet/am Friends with know I currently have the luxury of flying every day (almost all of the BST/GMT zone day). But I only see half a dozen Commanders in that time, maybe it is the same for our US Time Zone wing. That concerns me a bit and I wonder if we can/should be more positive in getting new members to be active on the site and flying together.

New Beginnings/New Azrael. (Forgive me I have just finished BSG)
If we are being offered decent base out there and it is as good as Darr Valen says, (and as Smartroads says about Ethos) I think we would be foolish to pass on it. I am very much a non bubble guy, I prefer to work on the fringes and a new beginning brings not only new challenges but new adventures (and new profits), I always thought of us Mobius Commanders as living on the edge (In the A Teams case 'of reason').
What is being offered to us as an incentive? ('If it's free I will take two'). This ship transfer thing will be a good step towards making this a reality for all let's not miss the webbing barge on this.

I wonder if this is an opportunity that not only will only come once but is also too good to pass up.

Best

Al (of the Quays)

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:33 am

smartroad wrote:
Walter wrote:
smartroad wrote: did drive to the top of the tallest mountain the other day - that was an experience.

Ooo wheres that?! :D (Can I land my conda on it? LOL)

It's the one under the blue planet and there's no room for a Conda on the top. It's a three-hour round trip in a SRV (three tanks of fuel), but I'd do it again if you're interested in making a joint trip.

They use the other high mountain for ski runs, which is mainly boosted falling - it doesn't usually end well. The A Team probably know all about it.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:52 am

My main issue is getting there. Did that once, my left leg has still not grown back since I gnawed it off.

Until there is as much opportunity there as there is here, I think a lot of players will be staying put. To those that make the trek and put up roots, good luck and bless you.

I am not a big supporter of the order in their BGS stuff, as I don't see the point to it all. Raf's has not gotten any better in terms of missions, ships, outfitting or market since the faction got Azrael, so again, there is no benefit in my mind. Now if there was a chance to increase the quality of life in the stations, there might be some benefit. I do understand those that work hard on keeping the OoM going, hats off to you. But unless there are tangible benefits, I see no reason for any of it at this point. I don't see Bubble 2.0 to change any of that.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:16 pm

I pretty much threw in the towel when we "won, but lost" the exioce war for the second time running.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo

Postby GlobusDiablo » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:16 pm

Falcon_D wrote:...Thoughts?

Have fun, fly safe. o7

As others have said already; what's the point? I can't see it.

For me Mobius PvE is about the community. Splitting it (again) doesn't add to that.

Fly safe all.

Return to “General Assembly”