Adle's Armada wants your help!

Discussion about the Order of Mobius faction in Elite: Dangerous
Phillipus
Expert
Expert
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Adle's Armada wants your help!

Postby Phillipus » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:52 pm

Well, anyone who's against the Slimy Dogturd Crew and similar trolls gets my vote. :-)

CMDR Abil Midena
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Abil Midena

Postby CMDR Abil Midena » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:58 pm

First, let me say thanks to AA for trying to do *something* against the griefers that attack noobs in the starter system.

However, I probably won't support AA because they want penalties for people who play in a group or solo. As OP said, this isn't the thread to discuss group/solo penalties, but I bring it up as the reason for me not getting involved as requested.
My Youtube Channel
Elite - Elite - Elite

FANTA5M1C
Competent
Competent
CMDR: FANTA5M1C

Postby FANTA5M1C » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:31 am

Loriath wrote:
FANTA5M1C wrote:
Loriath wrote:How about a link to some Website/Threads/Reddit info where we can read more about this group and its people?

Much easier to see what a group is about if we have some resources to look at.

That is a good point. I'll provide those in the OP.

Thanks, the Website was helpful. The reddit AMA (aside from the Horrid excuse for taste CSS in the Elite Xbox Reddit that makes me want to gouge my eyes out :P ) is typical reddit "Free for all" BS junk that is so prevalent and makes every Elite related Sub so vile that it is almost not worth the 0.1% gold in the 99.9% poo.

I am sad to say that I cannot with a good conscience throw my support behind this group. On the website, it states clearly:
We only recruit from the highest echelon of PvP combat CMDRs and do not allow non-combat CMDRs into our group as we like to keep focus on justice through action.

I have no issues with PvP, but this exclusionary ideal is not in keeping with my ideals, nor do I think that they are a good mesh with Mobius. We are here because we don't want to be forced into PvP and AA is PvP Exclusive. Only PvP. Sound familiar? The only difference I see (assuming that you are speaking for AA and have their blessing to state things for them) is you previous statement:

The general consensus among AA is that private/groups absolutely should remain in the game as they were one of the promises the developers made to backers (among other reasons). Frankly, solo is the traditional way to play this game, and open is the new feature. We like the new feature and want to see it become even better, but a totalitarian ban on the ability to access the other options is not the way to do it.

I find it rather funny that you speak of a totalitarian ban, yet support a totalitarian ban on people who do not want to do PvP. You can't have it both ways. Either you are inclusive, or you are not. I will take the content of the website as the core ideals as they seem to contradict some of what you have stated.

Thanks, And I am sure you will get support from some, but I can neither support, nor endorse a group that is so Exclusionary. We are all free to do what we want, including who and if we want to support a group for the wildcard, or even the PP Games. I really suggest that anyone that is looking at supporting any player group take the time to do a little research about the groups involved.

I have nothing but respect for your post. You dug around in the sources I gave you and came to a very well reasoned stance. In light of this I'll be adding a new link to the OP in the hopes of clarifying our structure a bit. AA operates in two (very intertwined) branches: Adle's Armada (AA), and the Adle's Armada Auxiliary Corps (AAAC). The distinction only exists to identify those members who are PvP ready and willing from those who are not (and vise versa) and should not be taken as an indication of hierarchy or seniority. A full member with their AA tags is exactly equal to a full member with their AAAC tags. Though there is a piece about the AAAC on our INARA page, that is the only mention of our PvE wing that happened to make it into my linked materials. My mistake.

As for the part about combat only- high echelon PvP'rs recruitment requirements for our PvP wing, well, it's fluff that I wasn't aware had made it into the rewritten introduction. I can state unequivocally that the requisites for joining the PvP wing (which that exclusively refers to) are the minimum combat rank (to make sure they know the basics of their ship and the game), the minimum ship + rebuys (we want them to have the best chance of surviving encounters and not losing everything), and a willingness to join. I showed up the first day with a pocket full of rebuys and exactly 2 PvP encounters under my belt.

FANTA5M1C
Competent
Competent

Postby FANTA5M1C » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:55 am

de Carabas wrote:It's an interesting one. I find myself a little conflicted.
On one hand I fully support the idea of the group's existence. I like the idea of a PvP oriented group who are out there defending the newbs and policing the starting systems. I feel that's a nice addition to the overall game and is a 'noble' task.

However, it's not for me. I'm not interested in PvP, so would not be looking to join the group. I also don't see how that aligns with the ambitions of a Power that exists to force control over others and gain influence. If you are PvP based then at some point this will mean being in an instance with a rival Power affiliated ship and you will face the need to destroy them. This will include CMDRs.

So, overall it depends on what the process is for creating the Power (e.g. what CG) and what structure/control you can put in place if you become one.

Not that I'm trying to recruit, but see my newest link at the bottom of the OP. We absolutely welcome PvE pilots and have PvE goals in game. Other then that all I can say is that powerplay is what it is, rival powers are wont to attack each other, and that we are an anti griefer group rather than an anti PvP one. Just because we will not kill wantonly does not mean that we will refuse to fight our enemies out of self sacrificing altruism.

I'm afraid the details of the competition and the method of power creation remain as hazy as ever. :(

FANTA5M1C
Competent
Competent

Postby FANTA5M1C » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:36 am

TorTorden wrote:It just smacks of self delusions and false justifications.

In eve we had a saying that proved true time and time again.

An anti pirate group is simply a pirate group in training.

I can vouch for it cause I lived it, more than once.
Usually doesn't take more than a month or two before all pretences have vanished like blood on pavement during spring time rain.
Elite doesn't have anywhere near the same pressure so I suppose it would be considerably slower.

To me that simply means groups like this go on fooling themselves longer.
Truth of the matter is you want to pvp. but unlike the shitheels like SDC who doesn't want to pvp as much as dominate other players you are up for a more fair fight.
That is something I could support without question .

In eve there was two player run alliances.
They where called red and blue (you can guess where this is going)
They where constantly at war and gave the experience of large scaled pvp to anyone who wanted in . With a lot less of the political and pretentious drama of 0.0 alliances.

Then again the elephant in the room is. Power play is horrible, player factions based powers aren't going to fix that chestnut.

I admit after reading this a couple times, I'm not sure if you hate us or think we're an improvement to open, but yes, we want to PvP with other people who want to PvP. We make no claims that we are out to stop all PvP, only that we will not tolerate an anaconda tooling around LTT 1447 shooting every sidewinder it sees.

Yeah.... we are absolutely aware of the fact that powerplay is broken. That is why we have remained removed from it since it started. However, we are viewing this as an opportunity for growth both directly in the game and more importantly in our standing with the E:D community at large.

FANTA5M1C
Competent
Competent

Postby FANTA5M1C » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:48 am

Phillipus wrote:Well, anyone who's against the Slimy Dogturd Crew and similar trolls gets my vote. :-)

My humblest thanks :)

CMDR Abil Midena wrote:First, let me say thanks to AA for trying to do *something* against the griefers that attack noobs in the starter system.

However, I probably won't support AA because they want penalties for people who play in a group or solo. As OP said, this isn't the thread to discuss group/solo penalties, but I bring it up as the reason for me not getting involved as requested.

I was afraid mentioning that would alienate some who view as penalties what we see as compensation for increased risk, but I wasn't going to lie about it. I must respect your decision. I will simply say that we would not support a drastic measure in this regard, instead preferring to see both extremes of this issue "satisfactorily dissatisfied" as all parties should feel with a meaningful compromise.

Bonsaipanda
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Bonsaipanda

Postby Bonsaipanda » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:52 am

FANTA5M1C wrote:Something Adle's Armada something something

Well, I enjoyed Meemoo's videos so you got my vote. Sorry to anyone who disagrees, I'm not much for politics and the vote is just for the sheer admiration of Adle's Armada's wing coordination and dedication to the game.
ImageImage

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:10 pm

FANTA5M1C wrote:

Usually doesn't take more than a month or two before all pretences have vanished like blood on pavement during spring time rain.
Elite doesn't have anywhere near the same pressure so I suppose it would be considerably slower.

Truth of the matter is you want to pvp. but unlike the shitheels like SDC who doesn't want to pvp as much as dominate other players you are up for a more fair fight.

They where constantly at war and gave the experience of large scaled pvp to anyone who wanted in . With a lot less of the political and pretentious drama of 0.0 alliances.

Then again the elephant in the room is. Power play is horrible, player factions based powers aren't going to fix that chestnut.

I admit after reading this a couple times, I'm not sure if you hate us or think we're an improvement to open, but yes, we want to PvP with other people who want to PvP. We make no claims that we are out to stop all PvP, only that we will not tolerate an anaconda tooling around LTT 1447 shooting every sidewinder it sees.

Yeah.... we are absolutely aware of the fact that powerplay is broken. That is why we have remained removed from it since it started. However, we are viewing this as an opportunity for growth both directly in the game and more importantly in our standing with the E:D community at large.

I carry you no ill will. No ill will at all.
I guess I'm a little damaged from playing THAT GAME for nearly eight years.
As for open vs solo/groups I consider open to be aberration. The sheer fact instancing works the way it does (or that it doesn't. Hell it can't even keep wingmembers in the same instance over time) any coherent form of pvp combat goes out the window.

It simply does not exist. What you see in open is just and illusion and unless Fd rewrites the entire networking from scratch. And I mean complete re conceptualising of the core concept.
It's not qualified to be an mmo.

Elite is a massive, multiplayer, online game.
Not a massive-multiplayer, online game.
The difference is subtle and even FD seem confused by this so we see things like power play creep in which is honestly a sad attempt at bringing a classic MMO feature to a game that doesn't have anywhere near the needed framework on the game to actually take advantage of it.

This games multiplayer has more in common with the multiplayer in dark souls than say wow or eve.

Anyhoo I have taken off to ramble again.

Good luck going forward. Have fun.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

FANTA5M1C
Competent
Competent

Postby FANTA5M1C » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:44 am

Bonsaipanda wrote:Well, I enjoyed Meemoo's videos so you got my vote. Sorry to anyone who disagrees, I'm not much for politics and the vote is just for the sheer admiration of Adle's Armada's wing coordination and dedication to the game.

If anyone can, Memoocan :mrgreen:

TorTorden wrote:
FANTA5M1C wrote:

I carry you no ill will. No ill will at all.
I guess I'm a little damaged from playing THAT GAME for nearly eight years.
As for open vs solo/groups I consider open to be aberration. The sheer fact instancing works the way it does (or that it doesn't. Hell it can't even keep wingmembers in the same instance over time) any coherent form of pvp combat goes out the window.

It simply does not exist. What you see in open is just and illusion and unless Fd rewrites the entire networking from scratch. And I mean complete re conceptualising of the core concept.
It's not qualified to be an mmo.

Elite is a massive, multiplayer, online game.
Not a massive-multiplayer, online game.
The difference is subtle and even FD seem confused by this so we see things like power play creep in which is honestly a sad attempt at bringing a classic MMO feature to a game that doesn't have anywhere near the needed framework on the game to actually take advantage of it.

This games multiplayer has more in common with the multiplayer in dark souls than say wow or eve.

Anyhoo I have taken off to ramble again.

Good luck going forward. Have fun.

I never did play "the game that must not be named," but what I know of it is enough to understand scarring.

Aberration may be a bit of a strong word, but yes instancing is quite a painful, random mess. AA has at least 2 members that have only seen one another in game once despite having flown in the same wing on several occasions. Still, you work with what you get. I would absolutely agree that Elite is not a proper MMO, but we all at least have the opportunity to come across each other when the stars align and Jupiter deems it so :P

Rambling can be fun sometimes :D

FANTA5M1C
Competent
Competent

Postby FANTA5M1C » Sun May 01, 2016 12:40 am

There has been an update about our competition.

The Achenar Immortals (who I personally dislike for my own issues with their RP sounding like they are already ALD pledges who shouldn't be splintering off) have formed a coalition. It includes SDC. Do as you will, but there is a good chance that they will be our primary competition for the wildcard position.

Return to “General Assembly”