FANTA5M1C
Competent
Competent
CMDR: FANTA5M1C
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Adle's Armada wants your help!

Postby FANTA5M1C » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:17 am

Hello,

I'm here as a representative of Adle's Armada to ask the Order of Mobius, and Mobius players in general, to support Adle's Armada in the upcoming "Rise to Power" event. Specifically, we need people to cast votes for us to win the wildcard slot, and commanders to support the appropriate community goal to actually win the competition. We know this much, but the developers have kept details of the competition intentionally hazy beyond that point.

Now's the part where I talk us up. The Armada, unlike most other groups, has an altruistic creed in line with the general values of the Mobius group. So much so, the the majority of Mobius players who venture into open looking for a group (such as myself) end up among our ranks. We may be a largely PvP group, but we fancy ourselves the protectors of the starter systems and spend the majority of our time working to interfere with people attempting to kill beginners. If you drop into Eravate at any time, then you will see one of our commanders watching the system for trouble (instancing allowing) and ready to protect those in need. It might also be noted that we pay attention to the Mobius teamspeak (most often via ThatDamnRanga) in case we are needed to help with another event such as the SDC incursion.

So what do you folks think? Can we count on your votes/help? Do you have any questions?

:EDIT: mods, if you think this topic is appropriate for the general discussion feel free to move it there.

Our INARA Page

The brand new Adle's Armada website

I almost hate to link our AMA spotlight due to trolling, but here it is

Our PvE wing: Adle's Armada Auxiliary Corps (AAAC)

:FURTHER EDITS:
Voting is now open.

Here is AA's page on the matter in the main forums detailing all relevant information about our proposed powerplay faction

Here is a direct link to the "voting booth"
Last edited by FANTA5M1C on Thu May 12, 2016 12:14 am, edited 5 times in total.

Orkekum
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orkekum

Re: Adle's Armada wants your help!

Postby Orkekum » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:20 am

Personally.

Looking into what group you are, and how you behave about the topic of groups on reddits, you are atleast a bit higher on the list of groups i'd vote for.
No promises yet tho.
But possibilities

FANTA5M1C
Competent
Competent

Postby FANTA5M1C » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:54 am

Orkekum wrote:Personally.

Looking into what group you are, and how you behave about the topic of groups on reddits, you are atleast a bit higher on the list of groups i'd vote for.
No promises yet tho.
But possibilities

Appreciated =]

Of course you should take the time to make an informed decision. I know I would. By "the topic of groups" are you referring to private groups?

Orkekum
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orkekum

Postby Orkekum » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:01 am

Yeah, if you have read what some people talk about private and solo on reddit

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:09 am

How about a link to some Website/Threads/Reddit info where we can read more about this group and its people?

Much easier to see what a group is about if we have some resources to look at.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

FANTA5M1C
Competent
Competent

Postby FANTA5M1C » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:34 am

Orkekum wrote:Yeah, if you have read what some people talk about private and solo on reddit
I don't want to derail this into an open/solo/private thread but I'll share some thoughts on the topic.

I have the gist of the reddit nonsense. I believe the standard line for groups like SDC and the code is "get rid of solo/private. open play only!" which is a view just as lacking in nuance and real problem solving as one would expect from their ilk. The general consensus among AA is that private/groups absolutely should remain in the game as they were one of the promises the developers made to backers (among other reasons). Frankly, solo is the traditional way to play this game, and open is the new feature. We like the new feature and want to see it become even better, but a totalitarian ban on the ability to access the other options is not the way to do it.

However, being a group in open that would like to encourage more players to share in a more positive open experience with us we do support measures designed to facilitate and encourage open play such as more reactive/dangerous police in higher security systems, the possible implementation of bonuses to things done in open mode, buffs to rare trading, and buffs to piracy earnings to give the diehard PVP'ers something more positive and interactive to do than murder-hoboing. Yes, we do want to see the majority of players move back to open, but we want players to make the move under their own terms when the incentives and risks are properly balanced. We want the game to grow, and forcing players onto open as it stands with it's rabid unchecked crews of salty dogs would be a good way to make sure we don't see a season 3. I suspect many of you would leave, and I wouldn't blame you.

TL:DR version is that we want to see nuanced solutions to the problems of open and incentives for players to join us in the open experience, not punishments for solo/groups or the use of force.

That is AA's stance on groups as I understand it. Hopefully this clarifies any questions you had and/or gives other visitors to the thread an overview of our attitudes on the subject.

FANTA5M1C
Competent
Competent

Postby FANTA5M1C » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:35 am

Loriath wrote:How about a link to some Website/Threads/Reddit info where we can read more about this group and its people?

That is a good point. I'll provide those in the OP.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:05 am

FANTA5M1C wrote:
Loriath wrote:How about a link to some Website/Threads/Reddit info where we can read more about this group and its people?

That is a good point. I'll provide those in the OP.

Thanks, the Website was helpful. The reddit AMA (aside from the Horrid excuse for taste CSS in the Elite Xbox Reddit that makes me want to gouge my eyes out :P ) is typical reddit "Free for all" BS junk that is so prevalent and makes every Elite related Sub so vile that it is almost not worth the 0.1% gold in the 99.9% poo.

I am sad to say that I cannot with a good conscience throw my support behind this group. On the website, it states clearly:
We only recruit from the highest echelon of PvP combat CMDRs and do not allow non-combat CMDRs into our group as we like to keep focus on justice through action.

I have no issues with PvP, but this exclusionary ideal is not in keeping with my ideals, nor do I think that they are a good mesh with Mobius. We are here because we don't want to be forced into PvP and AA is PvP Exclusive. Only PvP. Sound familiar? The only difference I see (assuming that you are speaking for AA and have their blessing to state things for them) is you previous statement:

The general consensus among AA is that private/groups absolutely should remain in the game as they were one of the promises the developers made to backers (among other reasons). Frankly, solo is the traditional way to play this game, and open is the new feature. We like the new feature and want to see it become even better, but a totalitarian ban on the ability to access the other options is not the way to do it.

I find it rather funny that you speak of a totalitarian ban, yet support a totalitarian ban on people who do not want to do PvP. You can't have it both ways. Either you are inclusive, or you are not. I will take the content of the website as the core ideals as they seem to contradict some of what you have stated.

Thanks, And I am sure you will get support from some, but I can neither support, nor endorse a group that is so Exclusionary. We are all free to do what we want, including who and if we want to support a group for the wildcard, or even the PP Games. I really suggest that anyone that is looking at supporting any player group take the time to do a little research about the groups involved.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

de Carabas
Master
Master
CMDR: de Carabas

Postby de Carabas » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:18 pm

It's an interesting one. I find myself a little conflicted.
On one hand I fully support the idea of the group's existence. I like the idea of a PvP oriented group who are out there defending the newbs and policing the starting systems. I feel that's a nice addition to the overall game and is a 'noble' task.

However, it's not for me. I'm not interested in PvP, so would not be looking to join the group. I also don't see how that aligns with the ambitions of a Power that exists to force control over others and gain influence. If you are PvP based then at some point this will mean being in an instance with a rival Power affiliated ship and you will face the need to destroy them. This will include CMDRs.

So, overall it depends on what the process is for creating the Power (e.g. what CG) and what structure/control you can put in place if you become one.
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:28 pm

It just smacks of self delusions and false justifications.

In eve we had a saying that proved true time and time again.

An anti pirate group is simply a pirate group in training.

I can vouch for it cause I lived it, more than once.
Usually doesn't take more than a month or two before all pretences have vanished like blood on pavement during spring time rain.
Elite doesn't have anywhere near the same pressure so I suppose it would be considerably slower.

To me that simply means groups like this go on fooling themselves longer.
Truth of the matter is you want to pvp. but unlike the shitheels like SDC who doesn't want to pvp as much as dominate other players you are up for a more fair fight.
That is something I could support without question .

In eve there was two player run alliances.
They where called red and blue (you can guess where this is going)
They where constantly at war and gave the experience of large scaled pvp to anyone who wanted in . With a lot less of the political and pretentious drama of 0.0 alliances.

Then again the elephant in the room is. Power play is horrible, player factions based powers aren't going to fix that chestnut.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Return to “General Assembly”