Hrdina
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Hrdina
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Adle's Armada wants your help!

Postby Hrdina » Sun May 01, 2016 8:19 pm

FANTA5M1C wrote:
CMDR Abil Midena wrote:First, let me say thanks to AA for trying to do *something* against the griefers that attack noobs in the starter system.

However, I probably won't support AA because they want penalties for people who play in a group or solo. As OP said, this isn't the thread to discuss group/solo penalties, but I bring it up as the reason for me not getting involved as requested.

I was afraid mentioning that would alienate some who view as penalties what we see as compensation for increased risk, but I wasn't going to lie about it. I must respect your decision. I will simply say that we would not support a drastic measure in this regard, instead preferring to see both extremes of this issue "satisfactorily dissatisfied" as all parties should feel with a meaningful compromise.

Calling it a "bonus for playing in Open" or a "penalty for playing Group/Solo" is just using different words for the same unacceptable thing.

That said, I honestly don't think your group's position on this "issue" matters one whit. FD will do whatever they want in that regard.

In general I like what you guys are doing in the game in general. I'm not sure if I'll vote, since I'm pretty much done with PP (beyond getting LYR discounts). If I do vote, though, it will probably be "against SDC" rather than for someone. :D
Jameson & Son are my copilots

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby TorTorden » Sun May 01, 2016 11:45 pm

Hey if the sdc becomes a power it would be interesting to see how quickly we can undermine those snivelling bastards.

Heck might even consider joining power play just to undermine them.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

FANTA5M1C
Competent
Competent
CMDR: FANTA5M1C

Postby FANTA5M1C » Mon May 02, 2016 4:52 am

Hrdina wrote:
FANTA5M1C wrote:
CMDR Abil Midena wrote:First, let me say thanks to AA for trying to do *something* against the griefers that attack noobs in the starter system.

However, I probably won't support AA because they want penalties for people who play in a group or solo. As OP said, this isn't the thread to discuss group/solo penalties, but I bring it up as the reason for me not getting involved as requested.

I was afraid mentioning that would alienate some who view as penalties what we see as compensation for increased risk, but I wasn't going to lie about it. I must respect your decision. I will simply say that we would not support a drastic measure in this regard, instead preferring to see both extremes of this issue "satisfactorily dissatisfied" as all parties should feel with a meaningful compromise.

Calling it a "bonus for playing in Open" or a "penalty for playing Group/Solo" is just using different words for the same unacceptable thing.

That said, I honestly don't think your group's position on this "issue" matters one whit. FD will do whatever they want in that regard.

In general I like what you guys are doing in the game in general. I'm not sure if I'll vote, since I'm pretty much done with PP (beyond getting LYR discounts). If I do vote, though, it will probably be "against SDC" rather than for someone. :D

I'd love to ask questions, but I'll resist the urge to derail my own train here.

Well. it's about getting to know us more then it is platforming to take control of the game or anything. Someone brought it up and I laid it out as frankly as I could. As you said, our opinions aren't relevant in the sense that they can change any outcome in the game design, but they are relevant to some players. Maybe I've shot myself in the foot by making a position known instead of acting like a political puppet and dancing around the issue because the only "absolutely not" responses are from people who will not support us if we have a differing opinion on this regardless of our permanent inability to enact changes. Not that you can expect much better from the other contestants if you can ever manage to nail one down to give you an honest answer.

I think I'll leave it at that. I'm not here to badmouth the other contestants, so I'd rather not get into why I think you shouldn't vote for them. This is a pitch to sell you what I think is the most worthy group in the running, not a smear campaign to try and convince you we're the lesser evil. I think we are uniquely prepared to generate a new PP faction in terms of both lore and player dedication, and I think we are by far the most positive and community minded of the contestants that can compare to us on those qualities. A faction will be added to powerplay whether you vote or not, and whether or not you think it's a mechanic that works (we all know it's broken). We figure it may as well be Adle.

If you want to vote against SDC then by all means do that, but any vote that's not for the immortals is inherently a vote against SDC right now. I just have 2 points about that you may want to consider A) you'll be more effective at shutting them out if you all concentrate your votes on one of their rivals instead of spreading them around, and B) you may as well pick the most worthy of their rivals to receive those votes. If you don't think that's us, that's ok. I just ask that if you're going to vote and/or participate in the community goals you figure out who you think that is.

I'm not trying to sound ranty/preachy if that's how you're reading it, I just came up with a lot of things I wanted to say and I may have gotten lost in my ramblings in the middle there. Anyways, fly safe o7

FANTA5M1C
Competent
Competent
CMDR: FANTA5M1C

Postby FANTA5M1C » Mon May 02, 2016 4:53 am

TorTorden wrote:Hey if the sdc becomes a power it would be interesting to see how quickly we can undermine those snivelling bastards.

Heck might even consider joining power play just to undermine them.

If they win we'll be in there with you. :evil:

Soup Grelos
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Soup Grelos

Postby Soup Grelos » Thu May 05, 2016 11:45 am

Excuse me, im new here. Whats a 'sdc' ¿?

Enviado desde mi GT-N7100 mediante Tapatalk

AndyB
Master
Master
CMDR: Andy Bulman

Postby AndyB » Thu May 05, 2016 12:30 pm

Soup Grelos wrote:Excuse me, im new here. Whats a 'sdc' ¿?

Enviado desde mi GT-N7100 mediante Tapatalk

Smiling Dog Crew, alternately known as the Small Dick Collective. basically a bunch of trouble makers who like nothing better than ruining peoples play time. they have gatecrashed our group several times to harass and hassle cmdrs in breach of our rules, they get kicked and banned every time.
Combat: Elite Trade: Elite Exploration: Elite

Mobius PvE Group Facebook Admin,
Mobius PvE Group Forum Moderator,
Mobius PvE Lead Admin,
Mobius PvE America Lead Admin,
Mobius Factions Assistant Admin,
Mobius PvE Eurasia Assistant Admin,

Soup Grelos
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Soup Grelos