Discussion about the Order of Mobius faction in Elite: Dangerous
OgreWookie
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: OGREWOOKIE
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Moving In

Postby OgreWookie » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:40 am

After 45 weeks of hauling garrison supplies for Mr Hudson I've decided that I have enough of his money and it's time to come and support the order. The picture below is the first of my ships arriving at Rafferty's Mobius, Shadow's Twin is a cargo transporting Corvette capable of shifting 352 tons in relative security. She has already been followed by Last Shadow, the warship version of the Corvette, and Grapeshot, a purple Vulture.
After another slow journey back to Nanomam tomorrow my final ship, an Asp Explorer will be collecting all the outstanding bounties I'm owed in Federation space and then heading over here.
I'll be retaining the Hudson faction badge for another week (possibly two) as next thursday there's a payout of 5 mil to pick up without having to do any further work for it. If it turns out another 5 mil is available the next week I'll collect that too, otherwise it's bye bye Mr Hudson next thursday.
I'm looking forward to helping the Order expand to rule the galaxy and meeting more of its local members. If anyone needs a helping hand I'm usually online for 8-10 hours a day and will have time to spare as I won't be desperately shifting boxes of supplies across large distances.
Attachments
Azrael.jpg
Azrael.jpg (129.66 KiB) Viewed 3217 times

Orkekum
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orkekum

Re: Moving In

Postby Orkekum » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:55 am

Welcome home, we've been missing you :D

Plus, only 352 tons? my conda does 400 with decent guns >_>

Falcon_D
Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar

Postby Falcon_D » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:28 am

Hello there, welcome to Azrael. Good to see more CMDRs from the Order.

Have fun, fly safe. o7

P.S.: My corvette only does about 256T. She's for combat.

Orkekum
Expert
Expert

Postby Orkekum » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:38 am

i might have to coriolis myself a corvette and see

Tifu
Master
Master
CMDR: Tifu
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Tifu » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:03 am

Welcome to Azrael @OgreWookie !

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:14 am

Welcome to Azrael! 8-) :D

My Corvette carries zero tons. Full on battle config! :evil:
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Orkekum
Expert
Expert

Postby Orkekum » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:06 pm

well, corvette being so slow i'll outrun you if i cant outgun you John luke!

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Re: RE: Re: Moving In

Postby JohnLuke » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:08 pm

Orkekum wrote:well, corvette being so slow i'll outrun you if i cant outgun you John luke!

True, true. :) everything in E-D is a trade off. You want huge firepower? Sure thing.... here's you slow ship.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

OgreWookie
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: OGREWOOKIE

Postby OgreWookie » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:55 pm

Shadow's Twin is the cargo version of my Vette wing, I could have squeezed another 64 tons in but prefer to be able to deep scan planets, deploy SRV's etc.
Last Shadow is the combat Vette with 0 cargo space and an armour value of 2845 compared to Twin's 666. Twin does have a slightly higher shield rating 1372 to Shadow's 1265 as Shadow only carries 6 A class boosters, chaff and a kws. Twin carries 7 with no kws.
Both use bi-weave shields as I've found an A class shield takes forever to regenerate. In a war zone an A class slowly gets worn down whereas a bi-weave will regenerate nicely in a few minutes.
Both ships have 2 medium and a large (underneath) pulse with 2 small and 2 large beams on top. Pulse and beams are on separate fire buttons and I use the pulse lasers at ranges above 1 (ish) km as the large beams (in the huge hardpoints behind the cockpit) tend to wobble too much to keep sustained hits going above that range - therefore you're losing a lot of weapon power for no effect. At under 1km the beams alone will melt a fully shielded Viper MkIII before the power runs dry. That's a standard pirate version Viper not an armoured CZ version.

Macklroy
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Macklroy

Postby Macklroy » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:55 am

Welcome home CMDR!
If you haven't checked out the BGS video posted by frontier I highly recommend checking it out. A lot of good information on how to improve faction standing in a system. I posted the link in the "internal affairs" section of the OoM forums here.

Return to “General Assembly”