BGS discussion : Exioce aftermath (some posts moved from [ENDED- War in Exioce] )

Discussion about the Order of Mobius faction in Elite: Dangerous
Deareim
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Deareim
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: [Ended] War in Exioce - Request for Combat Capable Ships (18 Feb 3301)

Postby Deareim » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:03 pm

It means :
- If want to lower influence via trading in Exioce : Sell by 1t a low demand supply.
- if we want to raise quickly our influence in Azrael, where we own stations : Buy tonne by tonne (1 by 1) of expensive goods with supply high.

Tonight, I will try at Rafferty's to buy expensive goods value one by one and then drop them out of SC with the cutter. I will loose couple of millions but It will be interesting to see the result tomorrow on the influence.

And then, another night, I will sell scrap to Exioce one by one on one of the station, to test this theory.
Last edited by Deareim on Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Orkekum
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orkekum

Postby Orkekum » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:15 pm

Welp time to grab my 192 cargo python. Or my mining clipper, are theregood rings?

Tifu
Master
Master
CMDR: Tifu
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Tifu » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:24 pm

Deareim wrote:It means :
- If want to lower influence via trading in Exioce : Sell by 1t a low demand supply.
- if we want to raise quickly our influence in Azrael, where we own stations : Buy tonne by tonne (1 by 1) of expensive goods with supply high.

Tonight, I will try at Rafferty's to buy expensive goods value one by one and then drop them out of SC with the cutter. I will loose couple of millions but It will be interesting to see the result tomorrow on the influence.

And then, another night, I will sell scrap to Exioce one by one on one of the station, to test this theory.

Sabine produces a lot of scrap, perfect target.

Deareim
Novice
Novice

Postby Deareim » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:51 pm

Tifu wrote:

Sabine produces a lot of scrap, perfect target.

Thanks for the tip.

Tifu
Master
Master

Postby Tifu » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:17 pm

It looks like we made a miscalculation , we should have stepped in earlier into the other Civil war when we knew our own war was pending. Or we should have taken the opportunity to raise our own influence by trading and doing missions while we were in the 3 day pending phase.

A simpler system with less factions will make the next war more predictable. Exioce isn't it.

Orkekum
Expert
Expert

Postby Orkekum » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:21 pm

Would actively pirating opposing faction help at all..? Saw something about it on reddit, i have a python i can use. Someone could take my bounty then

Tifu
Master
Master

Postby Tifu » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:34 pm

Orkekum wrote:Would actively pirating opposing faction help at all..? Saw something about it on reddit, i have a python i can use. Someone could take my bounty then

It should. But your problem would be where to rearm and repair. The Exioce Orbital stations would be closed to you because of your wanted status. Sabine & Reingardt may also not be accessible because you're killing Crimsom ships outside the CZ.

Will have to look at the same influence screenshots again & tabulate them. May have missed something. We should take complete screenshots of all minor factions influence levels in the next war since all conflicts in the system affect each other (not sure about elections).

CMDR Abil Midena
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Abil Midena

Postby CMDR Abil Midena » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:53 pm

- if we want to raise quickly our influence in Azrael, where we own stations : Buy tonne by tonne (1 by 1) of expensive goods with supply high..

-No.
-Yes.

Also, the quickest way to raise inf is to run missions for your faction.

It was a reply to a question I asked about finally figuring out trade impacts on inf. His proposed bottom line is that ALL trade positively impacts the station owners inf. Also, it has nothing to do with anything other than HOW MANY times commanders hit the "sell/buy" button.

I tried a little test of the T-buggy method last night. I did it for a faction with low inf that wasn't giving any missions. I will go see what happened.
My Youtube Channel
Elite - Elite - Elite

Orkekum
Expert
Expert

Postby Orkekum » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:57 pm

Tifu wrote:
Orkekum wrote:Would actively pirating opposing faction help at all..? Saw something about it on reddit, i have a python i can use. Someone could take my bounty then

It should. But your problem would be where to rearm and repair. The Exioce Orbital stations would be closed to you because of your wanted status. Sabine & Reingardt may also not be accessible because you're killing Crimsom ships outside the CZ.

Will have to look at the same influence screenshots again & tabulate them. May have missed something. We should take complete screenshots of all minor factions influence levels in the next war since all conflicts in the system affect each other (not sure about elections).

Sell repair in in a system next to it? If i pirate in exioce i could repair in the other mobius system

Deareim
Novice
Novice

Postby Deareim » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:12 pm

CMDR Abil Midena wrote:
- if we want to raise quickly our influence in Azrael, where we own stations : Buy tonne by tonne (1 by 1) of expensive goods with supply high..

-No.
-Yes.

Also, the quickest way to raise inf is to run missions for your faction.

It was a reply to a question I asked about finally figuring out trade impacts on inf. His proposed bottom line is that ALL trade positively impacts the station owners inf. Also, it has nothing to do with anything other than HOW MANY times commanders hit the "sell/buy" button.

I tried a little test of the T-buggy method last night. I did it for a faction with low inf that wasn't giving any missions. I will go see what happened.

Please keep us udpated to know the result of your test.
My understanding of the post is the action of clicking SELL/BUY that makes the transaction. Number of transactions is more important than profit.
It is another story, if as you are saying, SELL/BUY have the same action, which is just raising influence.

Return to “General Assembly”