BGS discussion : Exioce aftermath (some posts moved from [ENDED- War in Exioce] )

Discussion about the Order of Mobius faction in Elite: Dangerous
Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

BGS discussion : Exioce aftermath (some posts moved from [ENDED- War in Exioce] )

Postby Xebeth » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:15 pm

Deareim wrote:After new expansion, is it automatically war in new system ? How does it work ?

Not immediately, no. We'd appear in the new system as the lowest ranked (influence) minor faction and missions would start to appear on the bulletin boards. By completing the missions our influence will start to rise, when it reaches the same level as one of the incumbent minor factions we'll go to war with them. If we win the war then we'll take control of any assets (stations, outposts, or bases) they control. Once we have control of an asset we'd be able to hand in bounties and trade at that asset (along with doing missions). This will further raise our influence until we level with the next minor faction, etc, etc.

Once we reach the same level as the system controlling minor faction (the one that owns the main and usually largest station) and assuming we won that war we'd take control of the system.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Lanceor
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Lanceor

Re: [Ended] War in Exioce - Request for Combat Capable Ships (18 Feb 3301)

Postby Lanceor » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:34 pm

Either the background simulation is buggy, or there's something that we haven't worked out yet. It's a pity that we didn't win this war decisively, much like last time. But that means that there will be another war eventually, and the call will go out to Mobius commanders from across the bubble.

I met most of my in-game friends through the last Exioce war, and many more this time. Next time will be no different. :)
Very little game time, but often chatting at work.

Tifu
Master
Master
CMDR: Tifu

Postby Tifu » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:57 pm

Saberius filed a bug report about it. One of the things I don't understand is why we're still considered outsiders in Exioce even after we've been in the system for some time and have already fought one war. The second one should have been a civil war which has a lower required victory margin.

Maybe we'll get some answers.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=236924

Deareim
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Deareim
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Deareim » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:58 am

Xebeth wrote:
Deareim wrote:After new expansion, is it automatically war in new system ? How does it work ?

Not immediately, no. We'd appear in the new system as the lowest ranked (influence) minor faction and missions would start to appear on the bulletin boards. By completing the missions our influence will start to rise, when it reaches the same level as one of the incumbent minor factions we'll go to war with them. If we win the war then we'll take control of any assets (stations, outposts, or bases) they control. Once we have control of an asset we'd be able to hand in bounties and trade at that asset (along with doing missions). This will further raise our influence until we level with the next minor faction, etc, etc.

Once we reach the same level as the system controlling minor faction (the one that owns the main and usually largest station) and assuming we won that war we'd take control of the system.

Thanks for the clear explanation.

Deareim
Novice
Novice

Postby Deareim » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:59 am

Tifu wrote:Saberius filed a bug report about it. One of the things I don't understand is why we're still considered outsiders in Exioce even after we've been in the system for some time and have already fought one war. The second one should have been a civil war which has a lower required victory margin.

Maybe we'll get some answers.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=236924

That s a very good point. Now we have an even higher influence within Exioce. meaning that if we want to trigger a new war, we need to lower our influence or raise it significantly.

I have asked on the official forum. It doesn't cost anything to ask.

Deareim
Novice
Novice

Postby Deareim » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:43 am

So answers seems to be :
"
Yes, conflicts have been observed finishing before their maximum time frame without a clear victor. Whether that's a bug or due to other activities bringing the conflict to an end I don't know. For instance, it's possible to bring other states to an end prior to their maximum length by doing other activities. It may be possible to achieve the same with conflicts, but so far I'm unaware of anyone achieving this in a repeatable fashion.

A faction that originates in another system is always considered "an outsider" as far as we've seen so far. This may of course change with 2.1, but until then assume that a faction that expanded or was displaced to the current system is foreign and thus a War candidate. You will only get civil wars if you're in the system of origin for both participating factions. The one scenario that may be different, is if both factions have expanded into System B from System A; both factions involved are native to System A. In which case there's a slim possibility that because they're both from System A, they might go to civil war in System B - but I doubt it. We were hoping to test that scenario at some point, but haven't got around to it yet.
"

Tifu
Master
Master
CMDR: Tifu

Postby Tifu » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:34 am

Deareim wrote:So answers seems to be :
"
Yes, conflicts have been observed finishing before their maximum time frame without a clear victor. Whether that's a bug or due to other activities bringing the conflict to an end I don't know. For instance, it's possible to bring other states to an end prior to their maximum length by doing other activities. It may be possible to achieve the same with conflicts, but so far I'm unaware of anyone achieving this in a repeatable fashion.

A faction that originates in another system is always considered "an outsider" as far as we've seen so far. This may of course change with 2.1, but until then assume that a faction that expanded or was displaced to the current system is foreign and thus a War candidate. You will only get civil wars if you're in the system of origin for both participating factions. The one scenario that may be different, is if both factions have expanded into System B from System A; both factions involved are native to System A. In which case there's a slim possibility that because they're both from System A, they might go to civil war in System B - but I doubt it. We were hoping to test that scenario at some point, but haven't got around to it yet.
"

At least we got some answers.

OoM@Azrael is now at 70.4% influence and there is a pending BOOM state but the next pending state after that is FAMINE :(

Judson
Master
Master
CMDR: Judson

Postby Judson » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:48 am

Tifu wrote:
OoM@Azrael is now at 70.4% influence and there is a pending BOOM state but the next pending state after that is FAMINE :(

If OoM go into boom state you will be prevented from expanding until the boom is expired or exhausted.

Deareim
Novice
Novice

Postby Deareim » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:59 pm

If we want to get out Boom in order to trigger an expansion before the 3 weeks i think, we need raise influence from another faction in Azrael in order to start a Civil War that would "pause" the boom. Crazy idea I know.

Or we focus on raising our influence in Exioce meanwhile we are stuck in Azrael...

Judson
Master
Master
CMDR: Judson

Postby Judson » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:17 pm

Safer to try to exhaust the boom pot!

Return to “General Assembly”