BGS discussion : Exioce aftermath (some posts moved from [ENDED- War in Exioce] )

Discussion about the Order of Mobius faction in Elite: Dangerous
Deareim
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Deareim
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: [Ended] War in Exioce - Request for Combat Capable Ships (18 Feb 3301)

Postby Deareim » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:14 pm

Tifu wrote:Image

It looks like we made a miscalculation , we should have stepped in earlier into the other Civil war when we knew our own war was pending. Or we should have taken the opportunity to raise our own influence by trading and doing missions while we were in the 3 day pending phase.

A simpler system with less factions will make the next war more predictable. Exioce isn't it.

we had this discussion on MOBIUS FB. You can do it in Exioce but you must also keep an eye on other factions and take actions if needed to avoid another CZ between 2 other factions.

CMDR Abil Midena
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Abil Midena

Postby CMDR Abil Midena » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:29 pm

Deareim wrote:
CMDR Abil Midena wrote:
Deareim wrote:It means :
- If want to lower influence via trading in Exioce : Sell by 1t a low demand supply.
- if we want to raise quickly our influence in Azrael, where we own stations : Buy tonne by tonne (1 by 1) of expensive goods with supply high..

-No.
-Yes.

Also, the quickest way to raise inf is to run missions for your faction.

It was a reply to a question I asked about finally figuring out trade impacts on inf. His proposed bottom line is that ALL trade positively impacts the station owners inf. Also, it has nothing to do with anything other than HOW MANY times commanders hit the "sell/buy" button.

I tried a little test of the T-buggy method last night. I did it for a faction with low inf that wasn't giving any missions. I will go see what happened.

Please keep us udpated to know the result of your test.
My understanding of the post is the action of clicking SELL/BUY that makes the transaction. Number of transactions is more important than profit.
It is another story, if as you are saying, SELL/BUY have the same action, which is just raising influence.
He's saying clicking once on EITHER sell/buy is what the BGS records. As you said, it doesn't care about anything else.

I just looked. It works. I raised our enemy faction by 3% by using my Python and clicking the buy/sell button a total of 128 times yesterday. I sold a low demand item and bought med demand (two bar) items. I bought items 2 at a time. My thumb was a little sore. Sys pop is 0.5M. This is a great method, probably best and low pop systems with a faction that has low inf and doesn't offer missions.

edit* oh yeah, they are now pending boom. LOL.
My Youtube Channel
Elite - Elite - Elite

Deareim
Novice
Novice

Postby Deareim » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:35 pm

Thanks it is very useful and change some things.

At the end, by just buying goods with high supply in our station will raise our influence. Or we could sell low demand goods.

Both would wprk i assume.

Again thanks for your feedback.

CMDR Abil Midena
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Abil Midena

Postby CMDR Abil Midena » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:46 pm

Deareim wrote:Thanks it is very useful and change some things.

At the end, by just buying goods with high supply in our station will raise our influence. Or we could sell low demand goods.

No problem.

And yes, what you say seems true. I personally prefer to run missions for my faction, IF they are presented. If the BGS isn't generating missions for me to run for my faction, for whatever reason, then trade, bh, etc is another option, although less effective.
My Youtube Channel
Elite - Elite - Elite

Deareim
Novice
Novice

Postby Deareim » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:48 pm

CMDR Abil Midena wrote:
Deareim wrote:Thanks it is very useful and change some things.

No problem.

And yes, what you say seems true. I personally prefer to run missions for my faction, IF they are presented. If the BGS isn't generating missions for me to run for my faction, for whatever reason, then trade, bh, etc is another option, although less effective.

Thanks. I will make some test tonight.

smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby smartroad » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:56 pm

I don't want to be a party pooper but there is loads of great information in this thread that may well be missed by others who think this thread is about the, now over, war. Could I humbly suggest that if it isn't about this war (thinking of the amazing info about trade routes etc.), that a new topic is started. It just saves all that information getting lost in the thread, when it really deserves its own plinth to shout from :)
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:00 pm

It looks like we made a miscalculation , we should have stepped in earlier into the other Civil war when we knew our own war was pending. Or we should have taken the opportunity to raise our own influence by trading and doing missions while we were in the 3 day pending phase.

A simpler system with less factions will make the next war more predictable. Exioce isn't it.

That doesn't make sense, it has been stated before that a faction in conflict can only take influence from the faction it is fighting, the statement that the three other factions made greater gains can not therefore be true, only 2 of the 4 could gain because the other two would have to lose. Also MB stated before that the influence change is between the two warring factions, this seems to indicate that a faction from a completely different war can take your influence, how exactly? Further the statement would imply that the faction that was loosing the other war was somehow able to still gain influence, again how exactly?

Sorry, calling BS on this!

Edit: and given that I see FD have killed the bug report when people started questioning the logic of the answer, I'm even more convinced that it is utter bollocks.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Tifu
Master
Master
CMDR: Tifu

Postby Tifu » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:32 pm

Orkekum wrote:
Tifu wrote:
Orkekum wrote:Would actively pirating opposing faction help at all..? Saw something about it on reddit, i have a python i can use. Someone could take my bounty then

It should. But your problem would be where to rearm and repair. The Exioce Orbital stations would be closed to you because of your wanted status. Sabine & Reingardt may also not be accessible because you're killing Crimsom ships outside the CZ.

Will have to look at the same influence screenshots again & tabulate them. May have missed something. We should take complete screenshots of all minor factions influence levels in the next war since all conflicts in the system affect each other (not sure about elections).

Sell repair in in a system next to it? If i pirate in exioce i could repair in the other mobius system

You could and most of the time it would work. The risk would be when you're badly damaged then get interdicted in Azrael on the way to Rafferty station.

Tifu
Master
Master

Postby Tifu » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:42 pm

smartroad wrote:I don't want to be a party pooper but there is loads of great information in this thread that may well be missed by others who think this thread is about the, now over, war. Could I humbly suggest that if it isn't about this war (thinking of the amazing info about trade routes etc.), that a new topic is started. It just saves all that information getting lost in the thread, when it really deserves its own plinth to shout from :)

That's actually a great idea ! Can you close the thread and just move the posts from where it gets interesting to a new one? Maybe something titled "BGS discussion : Exioce aftermath$ or something ?

Tifu
Master
Master

Postby Tifu » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:08 pm

Xebeth wrote:

That doesn't make sense, it has been stated before that a faction in conflict can only take influence from the faction it is fighting, the statement that the three other factions made greater gains can not therefore be true, only 2 of the 4 could gain because the other two would have to lose. Also MB stated before that the influence change is between the two warring factions, this seems to indicate that a faction from a completely different war can take your influence, how exactly? Further the statement would imply that the faction that was loosing the other war was somehow able to still gain influence, again how exactly?

Sorry, calling BS on this!

Edit: and given that I see FD have killed the bug report when people started questioning the logic of the answer, I'm even more convinced that it is utter bollocks.

That's the same thing that Walter said in the thread. He continued the discussion after the thread was closed in this thread :

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... 4&page=130

I think the basic problem is that the victory condition for a system like Exioce with that many factions is too high at 15%. The chances that another two factions will be at war is greater in such a system , it means that you've have to manage the other war once OoM hits the 10% lead point to make sure you get the remaining 5% necessary. Which doesn't make sense.

I'll post what stats I can tabulate here and in the other thread as well. Maybe more eyes on the figures can unravel what happened exactly.

Return to “General Assembly”