Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Missions are rubbish

Postby Loriath » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:48 pm

Wolf wrote:
Absolutely 100% sure UPnP is turned off! I activated it just for testing yesterday and saw all the ports being forwarded to the different stuff in my network (stupid little devices there). Then I closed it again.
Nope, it's off, definitely. ;)
I have a cable modem/router (Fritz!Box), pretty new (Just got it 2 weeks ago), but with the old one I also had no problems.

Yeah, the multi-stop missions work for me, just not the hostage once. They just disappear on me, no fail, no trace, just gone.
Yesterday I finished a running the gauntlet. It is bugged (waited 2 hours after supposed time for a mission update) but then it went smoothly.

So for me only the hostage ones are really broken, the gauntlet just annoying, but the rest works.

But that still doesn't fix the problem that in general there are just no good missions for the Order. Maybe once a day, the rest is just low paying low influence crap allthough I am sooo allied! ;)

I have a Fritz!Box as well. Again, this is a model that is known to have issues with UPnP. It will do the easy stuff and that is enabled on mine, but the issue is when you are doing UDP stuff. Their implementation is not 100%. But for some, like with anything else, will not have the issues even with the same routers. Count Yourself Lucky.

My experience with the Multi-Hop is that its a crapshoot. 50/50 at best if it will bork or not. And don't get me started with the Popup missions that happen as you are doing other things. "Hey we heard your good at this, can you do this for us and we will pay you XXX." Timer is already at zero for those.

Holding missions are 60/40 against in my experience. You wait, and the contact never shows.

As far as bad mission for the Order, To be honest, when the pirate hunt missions got nerfed, that was it. Been crap ever since.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby TorTorden » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:52 pm

FD should take anything currently related to missions, select and delete.
And completely start from scratch.
Especially the design documents.

Seriously I never thought I would look back to lvl3 and lvl4 missions in eve fondly.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:55 pm

Factions are expanded into systems with about 9% influence. It look like new player factions are likely to be treated in the same way when they are inserted into a system.

With the current state of missions, it's difficult to see how any faction - especially one with no commodities market - is going to take over a system without several weeks of effort.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:38 pm

The issue I have with missions is that they seem to always be on diminishing returns, if I go to a new system I get good missions, if I go to a system where I'm allied to the minor factions I get crap missions.

Hopefully they'll make the missions get better as you improve your rep, not get worse which seems to be the situation now.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo

Postby GlobusDiablo » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:06 pm

de Carabas wrote:Don't worry, 2.1 will magically cure all these issues with missions.
At that point monkeys may also fly out of my butt.

One of my favourites:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ7QMrR81yc

Tifu
Master
Master
CMDR: Tifu

Postby Tifu » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:44 pm

Same, the last mission I picked up in Azrael had a reward in the 4 digits or so. I"ve been wondering if the system population not only limits the amount of CC a power gets in PP but also the number of useful BGS missions.

I do have a question though, I did pick up a few Exioce Order missions since they led straight back to Azrael and the influence effect display had two graphs - one for my new influence level for Azrael & another one for Exioce. Do these kinds of missions have a dual effect increasing the OOM Azrael influence level & the OOM Exioce influence level? As in both OOM minor faction increase their system influence? Kinda confused here.

JustSomeGuy
Master
Master
CMDR: Murhapuro

Postby JustSomeGuy » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:05 am

I always turn off Plug'n'Pray and forward needed ports manually. ED has worked just fine for me without any fowarding. I wonder which port(s) are used by the game.
I play on PC, in the Mobius PVE Eurasia group.

clivewil
Master
Master
CMDR: clivewil + clivus

Postby clivewil » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:19 am

JustSomeGuy wrote:I wonder which port(s) are used by the game.

i did that last week, i think it's only port 5100 you need to forward

totally agree about the missions! in fact i've harped on about them in the FD forums so much, i think they've now blocked my posts or just ignore them outright - "oh no, not this guy again..."

the combination of immoral, worthless, limited, or broken missions PLUS the fact that most of the juicy bounties in that area are OoM pirates, means the best thing i can do to serve OoM right now is to stay the hell away.

if i see a pirate Anaconda or Ferdie worth 250k, i'm going to kill the damn thing - i don't care whose faction it belongs to. it's best i hunt elsewhere until OoM has some decent missions on tap, at which point i'll happily return and work for them
-- Fly safely, shoot straight, kill quickly, land softly --

Wolf
Master
Master
CMDR: Dexter Wolf

Postby Wolf » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:35 pm

I just got a 1.7 mio. Mission from the Order of Mobius to smuggle 40t slaves out from Rafferty's Mobius!

I know it's immoral but holy crap! :)

Let's see where this leads.

Schmobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Schmobius

Postby Schmobius » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:14 pm

Azrael is an agriculture economy, and those produce slaves. I'm actually surprised there aren't more missions on the board for smuggling them.

(The other day, I don't think there was a SINGLE OoM mission on the board at Rafferty's Mobius.)

Return to “General Assembly”