Discussion about the Order of Mobius faction in Elite: Dangerous
Tifu
Master
Master
CMDR: Tifu
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

The state of Greater Azrael

Postby Tifu » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:16 am

Full credit to @John_Luke for coming up with this term :)

This is intended to be a weekly newsletter just like Galnet news but confined to a 15Ly bubble around Azrael. It will cover :

*minor faction & player minor faction movements
*OOM announcements, CGs, wars & other activities
*Mobius PVE activities
*others (suggestions welcome)

I"m currently gathering material and will include the status of the current Azrael expansion campaign and the impending (second) war in Exioce where the Order and Crimson electronics are just 1-2% points apart. Only a current war between 2 lesser factions is holding the latter back.

Info, material and even articles welcome - if used full credit will be given. I hope to have the #1 edition out by this weekend.

Cheers & fly safe Commanders

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Re: The state of Greater Azrael

Postby JohnLuke » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:50 am

Looking forward to the weekly updates, Tifu :)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Wolf
Master
Master
CMDR: Dexter Wolf
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Wolf » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:43 am

Now this is a great call! I've been running missions for the Order exclusively since the war in Exioce and geting some focus on the area would help a lot. I think we can make this really interesting and engaging!

The war in Azrael (not us) is really messing up things at the moment, and it is time we bring "Order" back into the system! ;)

Judson
Master
Master
CMDR: Judson

Postby Judson » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:52 am

I wish you all success in your endeavors.

Wolf
Master
Master
CMDR: Dexter Wolf

Postby Wolf » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:11 pm

Judson wrote:I wish you all success in your endeavors.

Thanks! I hope we will see you back in Azrael one day, when things are a little more "ordered". (SCNR) :)

Tifu
Master
Master

Postby Tifu » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:54 pm

Thank you for all the encouragement guys, it gives me heart to push through with this project :) I"ll work on it hard this weekend, I think a not-so-polished first edition is better than a polished & outdated one. I"ve also thought about couple of logos that I would really appreciate feedback on, will post rough sketches or concept of those soon.

Great to see you still active here in the forums Judson, please keep being in touch and let us know how you"re doing.

ps. I've changed the newsletter name to the "Chronicles of Greater Azrael". The "State of Azrael" will be a subsection in the paper.

Judson
Master
Master
CMDR: Judson

Postby Judson » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:40 am

Tifu wrote:Great to see you still active here in the forums Judson, please keep being in touch and let us know how you"re doing.

Thanks Tifu, I didn't leave Mobius, only the OoM due to reasons stated elsewhere. Mobius is a broad church and I still strongly believe in the Mobius principles which I interpret to mean the enjoyment I get from the game is not to the detriment of other players.

I am still keeping an eye on things back here as well as what I am doing with my new team. :)

Kiltrathi
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Kiltrathi

Postby Kiltrathi » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:35 pm

Looking forward to the first edition. I followed Judson's posts on trying to steer BGS in the Order's favour. I have gone back to my regular hunting grounds and trade routes, but when something comes up I can be back very quickly to try and help things along.
Having said that, I've not spend as much time playing Elite lately, taking a little bit of a break from the game in favour of other activities.

Tifu
Master
Master

Postby Tifu » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:06 am

I believe this is another of our Walter's insightful posts on the FD BGS thread. The post shows how potentially dense the Greater Azrael system is.

Btw, due to PP sensitivities - Dvorsi is just 15ly away from Azrael & Munshin just 30 ly in the other direction - I"m restricting the scope of the term "Greater Azrael" to just 9ly or so. There has already been several conflicts between PP factions & minor player factions. I"d like to avoid any misunderstandings as much as possible.

source : https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... ost3615216

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:37 pm

Tifu wrote:I believe this is another of our Walter's insightful posts on the FD BGS thread. The post shows how potentially dense the Greater Azrael system is.

I must point out that this is a factoid and therefore not trustworthy: no-one has yet come forward with corroborative evidence. The maths isn't complex (or I wouldn't have done it), but I don't trust my conclusions until they are duplicated: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... ost3614801.

Return to “General Assembly”