Master
Master
CMDR: Tifu
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Exioce what next?

Postby Tifu » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:28 pm

Jack Dunhill wrote:
Tifu wrote:
Jack Dunhill wrote:There is a low CZ near Exioce 5 and it's much easier without that capital ship firing you all the time when you fight with the smaller ships.

I may try that next, it's getting really hard to stay alive in the Exioce 8 CZ. There are rarely any other Commanders there when I'm on.

Lost my anaconda second time. I think i have seen 2 commanders today in warzone so looks like everyone lost intrest..

Ouch :( You might want to consider outfitting a cheaper but faster ship so the rebuy cost doesn't break the bank. This is where a number of small/medium ships may have more staying power over time.

Jack Dunhill
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Jack Dunhill
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Jack Dunhill » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:54 pm

Money is not really a big issue, i still got 78 million and i can make more with shadow delivies.

This is war so i knew there could be casualties :)

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:13 pm

Jack Dunhill wrote:This is war so i knew there could be casualties :)

The Order mourns each lost ship :( . On a completely unrelated note, the Order of Mobius would like to announce the opening of it's new scrap and spare parts dealership - "Nearly New Ship Parts With Only Minor Laser Damage!" :)

Seriously though, well done everyone :D
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)

Postby smartroad » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:29 pm

I would like to add my thanks along side Xebeth's. It has been an honour fighting along side so many different CMDRs, winging up and having a great time! Made some new friends as well, which is, lets face it, the best part of this game :D

Stay safe in the black, protect The Order :D
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

CMDR Abil Midena
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Abil Midena

Postby CMDR Abil Midena » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:57 pm

I saw the OOM current orders, and just wanted to ask...

Wouldn't it be easier and better to prop up Exo, rather than try to expand?

You could do 'stuff' in Exo without regard to entering boom, because the next higher minor faction is the controlling faction. Once you get close in % inf, CW starts and kills other states. Then you get a starport for your troubles.

If you expand, where will it go? I did a quick look, but it looks pretty crowded. Assuming you guys already looked and know where?

I guess I'm asking if your goal is to be in a lot of systems, or to control the ones you're in well?
My Youtube Channel
Elite - Elite - Elite

Tifu
Master
Master
CMDR: Tifu

Postby Tifu » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:54 am

CMDR Abil Midena wrote:I saw the OOM current orders, and just wanted to ask...

Wouldn't it be easier and better to prop up Exo, rather than try to expand?

You could do 'stuff' in Exo without regard to entering boom, because the next higher minor faction is the controlling faction. Once you get close in % inf, CW starts and kills other states. Then you get a starport for your troubles.

If you expand, where will it go? I did a quick look, but it looks pretty crowded. Assuming you guys already looked and know where?

I guess I'm asking if your goal is to be in a lot of systems, or to control the ones you're in well?

Just control the select few systems that we like. Exioce was never the first choice, there are smaller & simpler systems that are preferable being easier to take over and manage. OoM isn't a hardcore group so the number of players that can spend a majority of their time doing BGS stuff over a long period is pretty limited. And the more attractive systems are actually smaller than Exioce.

Deareim
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Deareim

Postby Deareim » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:31 am

For those who are interested to ticket we have opened due to that, there is an official answer from FD.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:49 pm

Deareim wrote:For those who are interested to ticket we have opened due to that, there is an official answer from FD.

Yep, and the answer is utter tosh in my opinion.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:02 am

Xebeth wrote:
Deareim wrote:For those who are interested to ticket we have opened due to that, there is an official answer from FD.

That was my initial reaction and may be the ultimate judgement, but I realised that we don't yet have enough information to make a complete assessment.

As everyone knows, the greatest hindrance to a full understanding of the BGS is the lack of transparency regarding active players - those in Open, other groups, other instances and so on. We're like the prisoners in Plato's allegory of the cave and extrapolating reality at second hand.

Without a record of influence changes for all factions in a system, especially in times of conflict, we don't even have the shadows on the wall to give us hints and are reduced to blaming an unseen and uncaring deity for hurling the thunderbolt that unfairly disrupts our plans. Probably too many mixed metaphors there.

I know this is Walter pounding the same old path, but I've yet to see any alternative to thorough record-keeping as a guide to understanding the BGS. While the effect of influence grabbing during conflict has been observed, we now know that it is by design. What we don't know are the working parameters and conditions for this mechanism and we can't make an adequate assessment without a lot more data collected from many more instances of the mechanism in action.

Apologies for the lecture.

The BGS is hard work.

Judson
Master
Master
CMDR: Judson

Postby Judson » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:00 pm

Xebeth wrote:

Agreed!

Also how did Azrael lose a full 2% influence since yesterday with the current standing order!

Return to “General Assembly”