Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Exioce what next?

Postby Xebeth » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:35 pm

Judson wrote:
Xebeth wrote:
Deareim wrote:For those who are interested to ticket we have opened due to that, there is an official answer from FD.

Yep, and the answer is utter tosh in my opinion.

Agreed!

Also how did Azrael lose a full 2% influence since yesterday with the current standing order!

Whilst the obscure intricacies of the BGS maybe fascinating for some players, for the majority it's just frustrating and demoralizing, frankly our biggest hurdle will not be actually achieving anything in particular, but keeping people interested when all their time an effort seems to either have no effect or a negative effect. It's time that FD came clean and either admit it's broken, or actually properly explain how it works.

I get Walter's point about data being the best route to understanding, but that's not why most people play the game, they want to pew-pew or just trade, and if what they enjoy doing aids a faction then that's a bonus, but if they can't combine what they want to do with a positive outcome then they'll just ignore the BGS altogether, and frankly at the moment I would struggle to convince them otherwise.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:40 pm

Xebeth wrote:I get Walter's point about data being the best route to understanding, but that's not why most people play the game, they want to pew-pew or just trade, and if what they enjoy doing aids a faction then that's a bonus, but if they can't combine what they want to do with a positive outcome then they'll just ignore the BGS altogether, and frankly at the moment I would struggle to convince them otherwise.

That's a shame as the BGS isn't nearly as complex as the number of posts on the subject would indicate. The huge number of posts is mainly down to readers not reading previous posts, or misunderstanding information, taking unsubstantiated statements as truth, or simply not being systematic enough in their approach. The myths are more prevalent than the substance.

Our small group has flipped more than two dozen systems; some have taken days, others several months, and it's always gratifying when a long-term project pans out and frustrating when something unexpected hinders progress. We were in the process of bringing democracy and enlightenment to the Empire, system by system, but the subtle changes that are being introduced has forced us to concentrate on expanding just three factions to achieve the same ends.

I wouldn't say we are using all the options that the BGS offers (we don't trade in slaves, we (usually) don't shoot the cops, bounty hunters or civilians - anyone wanted is in a different category). We mostly take on fetch and carry missions and trade and keep things simple. We've had huge setbacks - losing stations and systems - but still feel we're coming out on top by taking the rough with the smooth (not always easy).

And we do have three major advantages: we're not in a PP controlled region (although Powers are getting a little close for comfort); players through our region are few; and we're a very small cooperative with actions taken by consensus. That said, anyone who feels they would fit in with our attitudes to the game is welcome to PM me - the examination and interview are not onerous.

Deareim
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Deareim
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Deareim » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:32 pm

Question : Is it due to the ongoing war in Azrael that we lost 2% ? Is it "normal" or are we suspecting some human interactions ?

Tifu
Master
Master
CMDR: Tifu

Postby Tifu » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:15 pm

Walter wrote:
Xebeth wrote:I get Walter's point about data being the best route to understanding, but that's not why most people play the game, they want to pew-pew or just trade, and if what they enjoy doing aids a faction then that's a bonus, but if they can't combine what they want to do with a positive outcome then they'll just ignore the BGS altogether, and frankly at the moment I would struggle to convince them otherwise.

That's a shame as the BGS isn't nearly as complex as the number of posts on the subject would indicate. The huge number of posts is mainly down to readers not reading previous posts, or misunderstanding information, taking unsubstantiated statements as truth, or simply not being systematic enough in their approach. The myths are more prevalent than the substance.

Our small group has flipped more than two dozen systems; some have taken days, others several months, and it's always gratifying when a long-term project pans out and frustrating when something unexpected hinders progress. We were in the process of bringing democracy and enlightenment to the Empire, system by system, but the subtle changes that are being introduced has forced us to concentrate on expanding just three factions to achieve the same ends.

Maybe we should all go to some form of BGS school :)

At any rate, if Azrael is that important to us, we don't really have a choice - we need to learn to play the BGS as broken as it seems to be if only to defend Rafferty station. The techniques for flipping a system are openly being discussed on the FD forums and it looks to me that defending a system is harder than the opposite. Having a second system under OoM's control gives us more options if the worst happens.

Tifu
Master
Master
CMDR: Tifu

Postby Tifu » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:25 pm

Deareim wrote:Question : Is it due to the ongoing war in Azrael that we lost 2% ? Is it "normal" or are we suspecting some human interactions ?

We still have no proof that there was outside intervention in the Exioce war and I think that until we have a way of determining this ( ie. social media, FD or message boards, stats) - it's better to assume this is the BGS working as usual :)

I don't think we should keep jumping at shadows, we"d be wasting time and energy better spent pushing the expansion.

Judson
Master
Master
CMDR: Judson

Postby Judson » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:28 pm

Briefly just to note a civil war has just started in Exioce between Crimson and Imperial Society.

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby *Al* » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:14 pm

I cry harassment!

Saberius
Admin
Admin
CMDR: SABERIUS

Postby Saberius » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:20 pm

Judson wrote:Briefly just to note a civil war has just started in Exioce between Crimson and Imperial Society.

Do we pick a side or let it play out?

Judson
Master
Master
CMDR: Judson

Postby Judson » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:51 pm

I cannot think of one good reason to get involved. Also would take focus from Azrael.

Saberius
Admin
Admin
CMDR: SABERIUS

Postby Saberius » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:25 pm

Judson wrote:I cannot think of one good reason to get involved. Also would take focus from Azrael.

Agree.
I'm just grinding Imperial Rank, shall be back to Azrael in a week or so after I get my Trader CutterMooMoo, if things get tougher in Azrael, I'll break off and be back sooner.

Return to “General Assembly”