Discussion about the Order of Mobius faction in Elite: Dangerous
Darwin
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darwin
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: OoM at ***WAR*** in Exioce!

Postby Darwin » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:57 pm

Avago-Earo wrote:I need to get a headphone/mic setup. I got a cheap one but as is normal with these things the jacks went awry. Any recommendations? (low budget)

Normally use TS on the iPhone, but for in game comms, I have now purchased this:
Ugreen 3.5mm Female to 2 Male Headphone Mic Audio Y Splitter Cable with Separate Headphone / Microphone Plugs, Aluminum Case 10cm, silver.
£5 from Amazon, and you can use the phones headphone/ mic to connect to the PC.
“Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time”
CMDR Darwin, Inara profile

Darwin
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darwin

Postby Darwin » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:58 pm

Just spotted the Tweet. Congratulations all on the victory!
“Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time”
CMDR Darwin, Inara profile

Avago-Earo
Master
Master
CMDR: AVAGO EARO

Postby Avago-Earo » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:40 pm

Darwin wrote:Ugreen 3.5mm Female to 2 Male Headphone Mic Audio Y Splitter Cable with Separate Headphone / Microphone Plugs, Aluminum Case 10cm, silver.

Cheers Darwin I've looked that up. Useful for future reference. My problem is the mic/phone connectors on the headphones. They're not detachable cables so I'd have to cut the cables , buy a pair of those screwable 3.5 mm jacks, find out which is Left right/ground on the wires (they're not always colour coded the same) and solder it all up and it's such a bad headset it's not worth it. I was wondering about a good cheap replacement headset. Any ideas anyone?
"Wibble"

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:53 pm

Avago-Earo wrote:I need to get a headphone/mic setup. I got a cheap one but as is normal with these things the jacks went awry. Any recommendations? (low budget)

Logitech G230 http://gaming.logitech.com/en-gb/produc ... ng-headset

Can get them on sale pretty cheap. Removable earpieces for cleaning, don't put a lot of pressure on your head/ears and sit around the ears not on. Comfortable with glasses for long play sessions.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Avago-Earo
Master
Master

Postby Avago-Earo » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:03 pm

Loriath wrote:

Can get them on sale pretty cheap. Removable earpieces for cleaning, don't put a lot of pressure on your head/ears and sit around the ears not on. Comfortable with glasses for long play sessions.

Cheers. Will still need to save a bit but from what I've read up about them they're well worth the little extra.
"Wibble"

Tifu
Master
Master
CMDR: Tifu

Postby Tifu » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:34 am

ALD losing a core Imperial system , the #1 naval base of Facece , worries me a bit.

https://community.elitedangerous.com/ga ... 176961ba04

If FD is re-enacting the fall of the Roman empire (with the Thargoids as the barbarian horde) then we should secure whatever we can when we can.

The faction of DP is particularly weak, wouldn't be surprised if they devolve into a minor faction and get replaced by the strongest up and coming player group as a power.

Time to stop dithering and relocate all my ships to Azrael. I really don't like the way the winds are blowing now.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:41 am

Avago-Earo wrote:
Loriath wrote:

Cheers. Will still need to save a bit but from what I've read up about them they're well worth the little extra.

Or try these......

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Turtle-Beach-Fo ... +beach+x12

Just bought a pair myself.....I like em....Obviously not Sennheiser quality for music but for gaming they are great.....Check out the reviews.... I personally like the Mic monitor so you can hear yourself in the cans......

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Avago-Earo
Master
Master

Postby Avago-Earo » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:36 pm

Cmdr Kharma wrote:Or try these......

Just bought a pair myself.....I like em....Obviously not Sennheiser quality for music but for gaming they are great.....Check out the reviews.... I personally like the Mic monitor so you can hear yourself in the cans......

They were the same price in PC World just across the road from me so I bought a pair. Sound really nice but I don't know how good the mic is yet. (Voice Attack keeps switching itself off?)

Cheers!
"Wibble"

Masark
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Masark

Postby Masark » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:10 pm

Fort Lawrence and MacMillian Depot both now have Order of Mobius missions available. Every other station and planetary base probably also has them.

Time to start on those and keep the influence growth going.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:31 pm

Avago-Earo wrote:
Cmdr Kharma wrote:Or try these......

They were the same price in PC World just across the road from me so I bought a pair. Sound really nice but I don't know how good the mic is yet. (Voice Attack keeps switching itself off?)

Cheers!

Well I find the Mic to be quite good and on teamspeak they say it's fine and clear. Some reports say it's a bit over sensitive, so you might want to look at your mic level in windows.....

And I have worn them for hours with no ear/head pain like I had with my original pair......

So yes I think they are great for the money.....

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Return to “General Assembly”